Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you to everyone

Comment

Thorogoods are made in the USA - I have some Hellfighters -good boots.
      ?

Comment

I wear Pro Warrington.....used to wear rubber, and these were my first leathers.....they fit me great and the comfort is overwhelming compared to the old Rangers I wore.....my only issue comes in the dead of winter....the cold has a significant impact on the sole.....they are slippery on ice....I was wondering how the extreme cold is on other leather boot soles for traction. Would having studded soles be the best solution or are they more of a hassle than value?

Comment

I wear Haix Duty boots and I also wear Haix Fire boots. They are pricey but they are tough as tanks and ride like Cadillacs. I also keep a pair of Rubber Servus boots. I dont know I guess I just dont pay that much attention to My feet I cant really tell a diff.
          Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

Originally posted by deputybuxton View Post
            I wear Pro Warrington.....used to wear rubber, and these were my first leathers.....they fit me great and the comfort is overwhelming compared to the old Rangers I wore.....my only issue comes in the dead of winter....the cold has a significant impact on the sole.....they are slippery on ice....I was wondering how the extreme cold is on other leather boot soles for traction. Would having studded soles be the best solution or are they more of a hassle than value?
            I noticed the problem in the winter as well. The ice and snow seemed to cake up in the tread and not clear as you walked. Don't remember if I had the same issue with rubbers or not.

Comment

Originally posted by IronValor View Post
              I wear Haix Duty boots and I also wear Haix Fire boots. They are pricey but they are tough as tanks and ride like Cadillacs. I also keep a pair of Rubber Servus boots. I dont know I guess I just dont pay that much attention to My feet I cant really tell a diff.
              You can get Haix dirt cheap through thier factory seconds program.
              Career Firefighter
              Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
              I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Tis true. Don't have the same problem with my Globe's. My Pros are with my second set of gear, the Globes are on my First line. T.C.

Comment

I suggest Airboss defense BOSS boots. They are rubbers, but fit and feel like leather. These are truly an amazing boot and are also CBRN rated. I suggest at least trying a set, I bet you will be amazed! Here is the best price I've seen on them: http://www.fireequipmentassociates.c...ct_detail&p=31

Comment

I have globe and thorogoods and I like the thorogoods a little bit better. Heard a rumor from another dept that there having some sole issues with globe. Any one else here of this?

Comment

At work we were being issued Warrington Pro's. I've owned several pairs throughout the years and absolutely loved them. However the sole seems to suck the heat right out of your foot during the winter months, especially if you are tasked with a less than active assignment. They also suck when it comes to traction. A few guys bought the globe boots on their own and had nothing but good things to say about them, plus they are arctic rated and the soles are siped ( grooves cut into the tread. Winter tires have this), which greatly increases traction. Our Chief has taken the initiative to order everyone a pair for winter time use. The few times that I wore them while less than active I definitely noticed a great improvement in keeping my feet warm, compared to the Warringtons.

Comment

I have a pair of Warrington Pro 5006s and I have no complaints except that the boot isn't very high on my calf. A couple of guys just purchased Globes and can't shut up about them so they must be nice, haha.
                        sigpic

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig.

Comment

How does the sizing run on the Globes? Anybody have to deviate from their normal shoe size?

Comment

Originally posted by LockedWings View Post
                            How does the sizing run on the Globes? Anybody have to deviate from their normal shoe size?
                            I wear a 13 in both my tennis shoes as well as my Globes. The turnout boots and tech rescue boots fit the same as well.
                            Career Firefighter
                            Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                            I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

It's something to consider. I had a pair of Black Diamonds a while back (and loved them), but had to order one full size larger for a proper fit. Alas, they were stolen from my truck (along with the rest of my gear...)
                              Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Same as your normal shoe size. The problem I had was I normally wear a 4EEEE width and have high arches. They custom made a pair for me and they fit perfect.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X