Structural Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Structural Boots

Anyone have suggestions on new structural boots? We have been wearing Lacrosse, best boots we could find, but they no longer make structural boots. We need to find a new brand, and don't want to waste a lot of time trying ALL of the different manufactures out there, so looking for your opinions of what everyone on here likes or dislikes. Pros and cons would be great! Thanks

Globe, great comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by sklump View Post
      Globe, great comfort.
      That is a BIG 2nd from me too! Globe, awesome boot!
      "EVERYONE GOES HOME... ALWAYS"

"Let no mans ghost come back to say his training let him down."

Comment

I used to wear Pro Warringtons and never had any complaints about them, they were very comfortable and lasted me a long time. Now that I've tried and worn Globe boots, I won't go back if I can help it. The Globe boots are the most comfortable I've worn, feel like tennis shoes.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Spend the little bit extra for the Globe boots. I had rubber Rangers back in the day, Warringtons until a few months ago (good boots, not uncomfortable, but not great in my opinion). The Globe boots are awesome, I've been VERY happy with mine. The Haix are really nice too, I've never had a pair in service, but I've demo'd them, I would rate them about the same as the Globe. If your department is buying them, get the Globes. If you are buying them yourself, get the Haix off the factory seconds site, they will run you $150-$200

Comment

Another vote for the Globes. I have a pair at work, a pair at the vollie house, and a pair of their tech rescue boots. Like was said earlier, they feel like you are wearing tennis shoes.
              ------------------------------------
              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

Globe, great comfort.
                ^^^^^^^^^this

Comment

I wear Black Diamond X boots and love them, but my next pair of boots will be the Globe's.

Comment

If you can afford them, get the Globes. I have a pair and love them. I also love my Lacrosses but as you said they are no longer made.
                    Career Firefighter
                    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Another plus for Globe! also had a pair of Servus Leathers that were supper comfortable... but i dont think that they make them anymore :/?
                      sigpicWhos says Fire Trucks cant be YELLOW!

Comment

Globe, great comfort.
                        If you want disposable boots at a very high price.

Glued soles (see your tennis shoes). When sole (heel or toe edge) gets worn you going throw your $300 boots away or keep wearing even though unsafe?

Get traditional sewn on sole. It isn't going to hurt little footsies that much to break them in. You'll live.

I like Thorogood. Very good boot for the $.

Comment

Ive always had good luck with Thorogood boots. I have a pair of Pro Warrington 3006's on the way to try them out and see if I like the zip-up boot.
                          Your a daisy if you do.

Comment

The globe structural boots are Made in Lewiston Maine by an American company employing American workers Many of them are third generation American boot makers.

Comment

Originally posted by fireinfo10 View Post
                              If you want disposable boots at a very high price.

Glued soles (see your tennis shoes). When sole (heel or toe edge) gets worn you going throw your $300 boots away or keep wearing even though unsafe?

Get traditional sewn on sole. It isn't going to hurt little footsies that much to break them in. You'll live.

I like Thorogood. Very good boot for the $.
                              I wear mine all the time and they haven't fallen apart yet....
                              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X