Turnout Gear Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireMedic049 View Post
    OK, I was wrong about Globe, but may still be correct regarding other manufacturers.

I'm not disputing that, so there's really no need to admit anything. I was actually addressing the assertion that "sizing gear" is a must have in the fitting process and was also explaining that MP takes a different approach in order to provide a more "tailored" fit.
    Actually, all of the manufacturers we dealt with in our process offered multiple lengths of coats.
    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Originally posted by IronsMan53 View Post
      Actually, all of the manufacturers we dealt with in our process offered multiple lengths of coats.
      OK. That wasn't my experience when I revised our spec a few years ago.

Comment

Is there a website out there comparing the materials different companies use? There are so many different companies and materials out there. I would like to read up on them and be informed when we are able to purchase new gear. The companies I am looking at are Janesville (what we are using now), MP and Globe. Of course we will demo the different sets.

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKEEATERFF View Post
          Is there a website out there comparing the materials different companies use? There are so many different companies and materials out there. I would like to read up on them and be informed when we are able to purchase new gear. The companies I am looking at are Janesville (what we are using now), MP and Globe. Of course we will demo the different sets.
          Both MP and Globe's websites have information on the materials they use. You can also go to some of the material manufacturer websites' for info. Doing a search on the product name may also yield some useful information.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X