No announcement yet.

Turnout Gear Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have been buying Sperian Ultra Motion. It is just as moveable as the Janesville, but so much lighter. Sperian was just bought by Honeywell, owners of Morning Pride. Their user list is extensive! Remember all the different fabrics manufactures use come from the same mills, the only difference is in how the material is cut and sewn together to form the complete set.

Comment

I could not believe the mobility that our Morning Pride provided when I first tried it on. It is obvious that it is cut to be able to move in.
      Career Firefighter
      Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
      I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

gear

i like the new type of gear coats were a flap hangs down over your butt of the gear with your last name on it
        Last edited by BFDFirefighter418; 02-19-2011, 10:20 PM.
        Explorer Lieutenant
        2011 - 2011 - 3 days
        Explorer President
        2008 - 2011
        Fire Explorer
        2005 - 2011
        Volunteer Firefighter
        March 7th -?????

Comment

but up the gear ?
          ?

Comment

I will never order another set of gear with high back pants. Low pants and a tailed coat is the way to go.
            Career Firefighter
            Volunteer Captain

I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

yep

Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
              tailed coat is the way to go.
              yes it is the way to go
              Explorer Lieutenant
              2011 - 2011 - 3 days
              Explorer President
              2008 - 2011
              Fire Explorer
              2005 - 2011
              Volunteer Firefighter
              March 7th -?????

Comment

I will never order another set of gear with high back pants. Low pants and a tailed coat is the way to go.
                I cannot stand the high back pants. We just went with a little longer coat and the hanging name tag from globe. Much better
                ------------------------------------
                These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

I'm working on quotes for to gear for a fema grant. All three vendors have gear in different price ranges depending on who they are bidding aganist. Were getting MP because thats what the FF liked best, we looked at MP, Globe, and Janesville. I have worn Globe and Janesville and there basically the same. Again it all depends on outer shell and the liner. Were getting Advance outter, E89/Crosstech liner, pocket warmers, radio/flashlight pockets, tail name tags, american flag, cuffs reinforced with armid. Pant with armid on knees with pads, semi bellow pockets, boot cut away. 1000.00 for Jacket and 650.00 for pants. We are getting globe boots. Send me an e mail if you would like all three specs. [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Mfd2008 View Post
                    We have been buying Sperian Ultra Motion. It is just as moveable as the Janesville, but so much lighter. Sperian was just bought by Honeywell, owners of Morning Pride. Their user list is extensive! Remember all the different fabrics manufactures use come from the same mills, the only difference is in how the material is cut and sewn together to form the complete set.
                    Yes most of the fabric comes from southern mills, which now has a different name. I was told that there is also some stuff from Canada hitting the market

Comment

Originally posted by admpaul View Post
                      I'm working on quotes for to gear for a fema grant. All three vendors have gear in different price ranges depending on who they are bidding aganist. Were getting MP because thats what the FF liked best, we looked at MP, Globe, and Janesville. I have worn Globe and Janesville and there basically the same. Again it all depends on outer shell and the liner. Were getting Advance outter, E89/Crosstech liner, pocket warmers, radio/flashlight pockets, tail name tags, american flag, cuffs reinforced with armid. Pant with armid on knees with pads, semi bellow pockets, boot cut away. 1000.00 for Jacket and 650.00 for pants. We are getting globe boots. Send me an e mail if you would like all three specs. [email protected]
                      You should be getting PBI in that price range. I wouldn't expect to pay over $1500-$1550 a set for Advance with E89/Crosstech. Tell them they can do better.
                      I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
                      "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
                      -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Yes most of the fabric comes from southern mills, which now has a different name. I was told that there is also some stuff from Canada hitting the market
                        SM was bought out by Tencate.

The stuff out of Canada is made by Difco. They offer relatively the same products as Southern Mills and Safety Composites. One of the manufacturers that uses their fabrics is Fire-Dex. I know Morning Pride offers products from all three, Globe is largely Southern Mills, and Lion is largely Safety Composites.

One of Difco's E89 products, XE289, offers really impressive THL results.

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
                        "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.

Comment

We got new gear in Sept. and are having wear concerns with Difco Crusader fabric. Difco could not find a problem so they are doing nothing. The distributer and regional rep. are doing something.

Comment

Originally posted by IronsMan53 View Post
                            You should be getting PBI in that price range. I wouldn't expect to pay over $1500-$1550 a set for Advance with E89/Crosstech. Tell them they can do better.
                            That will all depend on how they speced the gear. My full PBI set of MP retailed at $2100 the way I speced it.
                            Career Firefighter
                            Volunteer Captain

Comment

I have worn Globe and Janesville and there basically the same.
                              Maybe you had better luck with Janesville than I did, but since replacing my Janesville with Globe it has been night and day difference. IMHO, Globe is far and away the better gear.
                              These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.

Comment

That will all depend on how they speced the gear. My full PBI set of MP retailed at $2100 the way I speced it.
                                If there's not many more options than the ones he listed in his post then the price I gave should be right in line.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X