Hose tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsRollEm View Post
    yes i am somewhat familiar with that google thing. however, it is a little difficult to search for something when you dont know the name of it
    Are you serious?

thanks for wasting space on here though...
    Thanks for wasting oxygen on my planet.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
    sigpic
    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Hit the gym and get some arms so you can hump hose the way it's been done by firefighters for decades, by hand. You don't need a tool to advance and handle hose, aka hump hose. If you can't hump hose by hand, well, maybe you should be on the EMS crew.

Use the money you'd spend on the tool and get a gym membership.

Comment

Thanks for wasting oxygen on my planet. [/QUOTE]

it seems as though someones child has gotten on here to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
          Hit the gym and get some arms so you can hump hose the way it's been done by firefighters for decades, by hand. You don't need a tool to advance and handle hose, aka hump hose. If you can't hump hose by hand, well, maybe you should be on the EMS crew.

Use the money you'd spend on the tool and get a gym membership.
          good point. i do think there is something to say about working smarter than harder. maybe i will just start pulling the ol hose wagon to the fire. that should toughen me up

Comment

it seems as though someones child has gotten on here to reply.
            Hey, dipsh|t, you've posted two videos about this overpriced piece of scrap metal:

"The Bowring Tool 2-1/2" hose advancement"
            &
            "The Bowring Tool"

...and you can't figure out what the tool is called to JFGI?!? Did your parents have any kids who lived?
            Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 02-12-2011, 02:16 PM.
            "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
            sigpic
            The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

good point. i do think there is something to say about working smarter than harder. maybe i will just start pulling the ol hose wagon to the fire. that should toughen me up
              Haha, yeah yeah yeah. Maybe dragging a hose wagon is just what you need brother, get those arms bigger, . Seriously, do some weight training and it does make the job easier without having to rely on tools to do it. Not trying to be an ***, just giving some advice.

BTW, just ignore ole deputydipschit, he's, well, not sure what his deal is. He just tends to be a dick.

Comment

Copping an attitude is never a good alternative. Some folks like to bust your balls.

Perhaps something like this is what you have in mind:

We have a couple around the station that are simply a loop of rope with a similar handle, and one old timer is made of chain instead of rope.

They're a handy solution for holding a line in place if you have an anchoring point, especially if you're going to be in one place with it for a while (like a "surround and drown").

The outfit I borrowed the image from sells it for $40. This is not an endorsement of that outfit.
                Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
                  Haha, yeah yeah yeah. Maybe dragging a hose wagon is just what you need brother, get those arms bigger, . Seriously, do some weight training and it does make the job easier without having to rely on tools to do it. Not trying to be an ***, just giving some advice.

BTW, just ignore ole deputydipschit, he's, well, not sure what his deal is. He just tends to be a dick.
                  I appreciate the advice, but weight training is not an issue. Just checking out different tools out there. Seeing if they are any good or worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                    Perhaps something like this is what you have in mind:

We have a couple around the station that are simply a loop of rope with a similar handle, and one old timer is made of chain instead of rope.

They're a handy solution for holding a line in place if you have an anchoring point, especially if you're going to be in one place with it for a while (like a "surround and drown").

The outfit I borrowed the image from sells it for $40. This is not an endorsement of that outfit.
                    The good ole ladder hose strap. If you use it on a ladder better make dang sure your ladder footer is doing his job, haha. Mine wasn't one time, FNG, and the ladder started to do the chicken wobble with me. Needless to say, the next shift we made sure he did plenty of ladder drills with ladder hose straps to make sure the lesson from the previous shift stayed with him.

Comment

First, It doesn't look like a personal tool to me, It's kind of big for the pocket. Second, the price of a hose strap or a piece of webbing, as stated, is a fraction of the cost. Third, I don't know how much you will be using this, it's one of those cool gadets but not really necessary.
                      FTM-PTB-EGH-RFB-KTF

Comment

Originally posted by Trkco1 View Post
                        First, It doesn't look like a personal tool to me, It's kind of big for the pocket. Second, the price of a hose strap or a piece of webbing, as stated, is a fraction of the cost. Third, I don't know how much you will be using this, it's one of those cool gadets but not really necessary.
                        Agreed, like I said earlier, some time on the gym and experience pulling/pushing hose, and the job isn't all that hard. Or, a person could just become a truckie and have more fun.

Comment

Deputy bumf*ck is the odd man out on this site. The sniveling computer nerd. The pathetic whiner without a single friend to claim him. The kid always picked last to play ball in school. But he's here to take all that pain back, one post at a time.

He's got his little pirate avatar and quotes, how cute. I think a prior poster thought he was a child. He's got some issues. His little pirate obsession displays that.

Comment

This whole thread has been one big spam. As for this tool... what a waste of money.

Just proving that yet again that some firefighters appear to have money burning a hole in their pocket.
                            I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

LetsRollEm,

Let me see if I have this right...

You post here asking about a hose handling tool that no one has ever heard of.

Then you post 2 Youtube videos about the same hose handling tool.

Then you claim you couldn't do a Google search because you didn't know the name of the gadget? Um, sorry not buying it. How did you find the Youtube videos if you didn't know what you were looking for? Also, the guy demo-ing it said the name of it like 20 times.

My guess is you are either the inventor of this thing, or someone trying to market it for him. In either case go away spammer.
                              Crazy, but that's how it goes
                              Millions of people living as foes
                              Maybe it's not too late
                              To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by R100 View Post
                                Deputy bumf*ck is the odd man out on this site. The sniveling computer nerd. The pathetic whiner without a single friend to claim him. The kid always picked last to play ball in school. But he's here to take all that pain back, one post at a time.

He's got his little pirate avatar and quotes, how cute. I think a prior poster thought he was a child. He's got some issues. His little pirate obsession displays that.
                                Um, and who the hell are you? A nobody anonymous poster with no identifying anything. Essentially a troll looking for your 15 minutes of fame by attacking a long time poster who is respected by many here.
                                Last edited by FyredUp; 02-12-2011, 06:48 PM.
                                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                                Millions of people living as foes
                                Maybe it's not too late
                                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader