Hose tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose tool?

I am looking for the personal tool that can be used to help pull a charged hoseline. (it has the hook to go around the hose with the handle on top) I was wondering if anyone has any feedback it wether it works or not and where you can get them?

Save yourself some money, adn just use some rope.

Comment

ya... but it seems like the tool would be a little easier to move around and help feed the line?

Comment

Is this what you were looking for? Invented by a guy on a neighboring department: Nicol Hose Hook.

Guess it comes down to the availability of the tool, how much LDH you have to move, how far you have to move it, etc. I've done it successfully with a 20' section of 2" tubular webbing, but if I had to move 100's of feet of it, or move it more than 10' or so, maybe the hose hook would come in handy....
        Career Fire Captain
        Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

no. This is what im actually looking for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivgl36xe_uo

Comment

i can only seem to find stuff about it on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LhJ...eature=related

Comment

You have the most versatile tools attached to the end of your arms.
              I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

maybe this is what you're looking for? http://www.publicsafetycenter.com/th...fire-tool.html

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
                  You have the most versatile tools attached to the end of your arms.
                  true very true

the tool you are talking about sounds like a hose strap but thats for ladders and such if you want something light weight and easy to use (for advanceing) use rope or webing and your body will take the torque and make it easy on you... but if you want a tool that will help you "feed" hose around say corners then the above quote is what I would go with a tool would have to be slid down and pulled then slid again well that takes time......

Comment

Thank you. Anyone have one? Is it worth it?

Comment

well I watched the video it was not a hose strap

Comment

That same 20' section of 2" tubular webbing that I move 5" hose with does the same thing as that Bowring tool, for a fraction of the price. Just my thought...
                        Career Fire Captain
                        Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsRollEm View Post
                          i can only seem to find stuff about it on youtube.
                          Really? Are you familar with the concept of "Google?"

If you have $125 to throw away, they have a website.
                          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                          sigpic
                          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

yes i am somewhat familiar with that google thing. however, it is a little difficult to search for something when you dont know the name of it. thanks for wasting space on here though...

Comment

hands and webbing work great

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...