Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWDbuff
    replied
    Does pulling up to the scene and saying "Oh Christ" when you see that the blue canaries have blocked the hydrant and/or the front of the house count?????

Leave a comment:

• FIRE117
    replied
    Yes, I do pray when going to calls. The first prayer occurs, is when I am cranking the ignition start key to get the pumper started. If you have a cold blooded truck in your station that is hard to start, you know what I am talking about.
    Last edited by FIRE117; 02-12-2011, 08:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by Brazos312 View Post
    It only takes about 5 seconds to say a good prayer en route to a call. Firefighters (and anyone else for that matter) should have all aspects of their life (mental, physical, and spititual) taken care of to be at their best. If you think spending 5 seconds to ask the good lord to watch out for you is a waste of time, that is definately your choice. I consider it esential. And yeah, the need varies depending on who is driving...
    Look, let me try and say this in a way that I hope comes across respectfully, but firmly at the same time.

Not everyone has the same beliefs as you do. Not everyone prays at all, let alone prays while en route to emergency calls. Your comment that firefighters should have all aspects of their life taken care of, mental, physical and spiritual assumes far too much. I am in pretty good physical shape, working out and getting better every day. Mentally I have prepared myself through training and educating myself. Add my experience to that and I am prepared as I can be for the calls we respond to. I want to spend my response time thinking about the call and what I will be doing when I get there.

Leave a comment:

• BLSboy
    replied
    Originally posted by R100 View Post
    Hey, I used to enjoy reading your back and forths with Artie B. and that "pickhead axe" FF from chi-town. lol
    He has been busy blowing dudes again.

Leave a comment:

• R100
    replied
    Originally posted by FHJ718 View Post
    I'm going to have to steal this one.
    Been missing ya. Come around more often.

Leave a comment:

• firefightinirish217
    replied
    Originally posted by SPFDRum View Post
    I pray Im out of the shower or done taking a dump BEFORE the call!!!!
    I know right? It seems like at one point in my career at Dalton I went through a 4 month period where everytime I'd take a shower a call would go out. Needless to say, I learned how to take boot camp showers well before boot camp, .

Leave a comment:

• R100
    replied
    Originally posted by jonnyirons2 View Post
    I pray that the meal doesn't get ruined, including the cookies!
    Hey, I used to enjoy reading your back and forths with Artie B. and that "pickhead axe" FF from chi-town. lol

Leave a comment:

• jonnyirons2
    replied
    I pray that the meal doesn't get ruined, including the cookies!

Leave a comment:

• SPFDRum
    replied
    I pray Im out of the shower or done taking a dump BEFORE the call!!!!

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Wake up...

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Not really, unless "oh, God, here we go again..." is a prayer...

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by Brazos312 View Post
    It only takes about 5 seconds to say a good prayer en route to a call. Firefighters (and anyone else for that matter) should have all aspects of their life (mental, physical, and spititual) taken care of to be at their best. If you think spending 5 seconds to ask the good lord to watch out for you is a waste of time, that is definately your choice. I consider it esential. And yeah, the need varies depending on who is driving...
    I prefer to spend that five seconds thinking about the call.

Leave a comment:

• Brazos312
    replied

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    I am not a religious man, so no, I do not pray on the way to calls.

I agree with others that the time you are spending praying could be better served mentally preparing yourself for the tasks at hand.

If you feel the need to pray do a prayer at the beginning of your shift about what you may encounter for the day.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse