• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony4310
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Got a buddy with a tow truck? Makes it pretty EASY,
    One guy has a box truck and is gonna see if he can use it. The generator is on wheels for easy moving.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by Tony4310 View Post
    We were given a free 11 Kw building generator by some guy. We gotta figure out who has a truck to go pick it up this weekend. It's 800 pounds.
    Got a buddy with a tow truck? Makes it pretty EASY,

Leave a comment:

• Tony4310
    replied
    We were given a free 11 Kw building generator by some guy. We gotta figure out who has a truck to go pick it up this weekend. It's 800 pounds.

Leave a comment:

• Chewy911
    replied
    Well everyone thanks for the input, i believe where im at we got real lucky. My fire department didnt even run one single weather related call. Even though we were well prepared. Maybe too prepared (but i dont think there is such a thing)

@DaFAO, oh you are definintley right we not only reduced how many went on the call but what trucks went. And at work we had of course two extra call takers and opened up our emergency operations center. which is pretty much call takers.
    And when a house fire came in if it was a credible source or sounded legit when the chief officer went enroute they usually ask for an automatic second alarm

@FWDbuff, Someone brought up the Xbox 360 and it somehow got projected up on the wall. im not sure how tho lol

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    I guestimate we got somewhere around a foot of snow, give or take a little bit. The drifts are another story they went from 2 feet to well over 4 foot high and some are well over 30 feet long. The cats were darn near snowed into their outdoor mansion. I had to shovel a path for them. I also had to shovel out part of the dog pen for them to be able to move around.

Kind of reminds me of the winters of my youth. Sweet!

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Watching the weather here for a system that is supposed to bring us the ice, sleet and even snow on Friday.

Now that's a trifecta that will make things really ugly in these parts.
    Last edited by LaFireEducator; 02-02-2011, 02:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
    Heck, we got nothing. Not even a real dusting. Just cold.

And I was looking forward to playing in the snow!
    Come on over! I'm calling BS on what the NWS says. We're estimating 22" of snow. Just across the boarder the turnpike is shut down with 5-7' drifts.

The guys from home made it to work this morning, so I'm figuring I can actually go home this evening.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Winter storm warning downgraded to an advisory here. Some snow, some wind - leading to minor drifting. The roads are a tad iffy, but the bigger danger right now is the wind chill.

Leave a comment:

• Tony4310
    replied
    We got mostly sleet here...

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    I'm finding that kinda sucks, too. We have a couple of uses for those 5/4-ton trucks they have stacked up, but we're too big.

How's the weather your way? Old Man Winter opted to drop over a foot on us in less than 12 hours. Made it to work this morning, and might make it home tomorrow night. That's IF they open I-44 back up. Or if I can find an alternate route.

Heck, we got nothing. Not even a real dusting. Just cold.

And I was looking forward to playing in the snow!

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    replied
    Originally posted by FIRE117 View Post
    When the FEPP program is finally done with surplus items (vehicles, etc.), they are turned over to the GSA to sell to the general public. The items are listed on www.gsaauctions.gov.

Your department can bid on these vehicles. One advantage of buying these former FEPP renovated vehicles, is that they are usually already painted in fire service (red, yellow, etc.) colors.
    Very little Military equipment ends up on gsaauctions.gov, the best stuff comes up on http://www.govliquidation.com/ this is a company that provides the auctions under contract to DOD.

Insofar as a former FEPP vehicle, be very very very careful. Normally when a fire department turns them back in they are trashed.

Leave a comment:

• FIRE117
    replied
    Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    I'm finding that kinda sucks, too. We have a couple of uses for those 5/4-ton trucks they have stacked up, but we're too big.
    When the FEPP program is finally done with surplus items (vehicles, etc.), they are turned over to the GSA to sell to the general public. The items are listed on www.gsaauctions.gov.

Your department can bid on these vehicles. One advantage of buying these former FEPP renovated vehicles, is that they are usually already painted in fire service (red, yellow, etc.) colors.

Leave a comment:

• Catch22
    replied
    Departments in urban areas, at least in Missouri, Like Tony4310's department, are not allowed to participate in the FEPP or FPP programs.

How's the weather your way? Old Man Winter opted to drop over a foot on us in less than 12 hours. Made it to work this morning, and might make it home tomorrow night. That's IF they open I-44 back up. Or if I can find an alternate route.

Leave a comment:

• FIRE117
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    I don't want to Hijack, But WHAT?? That's Federal Law, they can't be cut out.
    In the state I live in, if a community has a population over 10,000, it is not considered rural. Therefore, the fire department/district that serves that community cannot recieve FEPP.

Leave a comment:

• FIRE117
    replied
    Departments in urban areas, at least in Missouri, Like Tony4310's department, are not allowed to participate in the FEPP or FPP programs.
    If they are not allowed to recieve FEPP property, they can contact the Missouri State Agency for Surplus Property, to see if they can qualify for their program. While it may cost some money to obtain generator(s) from Surplus Property, the cost would be nominal, compared to a new one.

With Fort Leonard Wood Army installation in Missouri, there should be used generators being sent to DRMO from time to time. The Surplus Property Program should be able to screen generators from DRMO.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X