funny, but some truly feel this way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    Prove me wrong. What is this massive amount of experience you have? I know Tajm's experience, he's 23 with 2-3 years worth of experience. He expressed that himself. Mine is on my profile.

Oh, but you haven't offered up any of that information. You'd rather make blind personal attacks and then run when countered with real information (see the Saberjet thread).

By the way, if you're going to try to make a personal attack on someone, at least have the courtesy of doing your research. Case in point- trying to nail me on tactics I was taught in the 70's and 80's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at my profile and figure out I wasn't fighting fire in the 70's and 80's.

Then you'd be amazed to find out who some of the posters here actually are. The difference between them and you is that they're not bragging about it. This is the low that I won't dignify on a public stage. There are no experts, some are just more experienced. I'd rather puke than to dignify that lack of humility. You sicken me with the pompousness. If you really insist on playing that game and want to call me to task, PM me and I'll provide you the full bio, FULL bio. you can even stop by or call anytime you're on the east coast.

Catch, the only one dropping their experience is you. You opened the can on yourself and I'm still waiting....where are all these fires in SW MO? lol, still waiting....
    Last edited by .; 01-29-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by . View Post
      Then you'd be amazed to find out who some of the posters here actually are. The difference between them and you is that they're not bragging about it. This is the low that I won't dignify on a public stage. There are no experts, some are just more experienced. I'd rather puke than to dignify that lack of humility. You sicken me with the pompousness. If you really insist on playing that game and want to call me to task, PM me and I'll provide you the full bio, FULL bio. you can even stop by or call anytime you're on the east coast.

Catch, the only one dropping their experience is you. You opened the can on yourself and I'm still waiting....where are all these fires in SW MO? lol, still waiting....
      Dropped you an email.

Comment

Where on the east coast? Georgia? Maine?
        Just a typical moronic, childish, idiotic munchkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Whocares View Post
          Where on the east coast? Georgia? Maine?
          I remember a guy that considered Texas the start of the east coast.
          IAFF

Comment

Guys,

As I said before, not only is this guy a holier-than-thou-blow-hard, he's like the firefighting antichrist.

Remember, catch22 is the same blow hard that said he cringes when young ff's quote Lt. McCormack (another thread where he targeted tajm). Cringe? if that's any indicator....

Hey catch22, "the firemen are talking"...yeah, THAT article. Read it, because your favorite guy who penned it wrote it specifically for "you".

Oh and before I forget!!! Hey Catch22! I prefer smoothbores!

Did you cringe? lol. Come on, time to debate that also, you know the drill...tell us lunks off about our traditional stuff. Wow us with making love to those fires with your talented variety of cooling and fog applications. Don't just use the solid stream to attack that large-area fire and be done, Finesse it! Over think it! That's what they taught you in the 70's and 80's after all. That's right, put a fog nozzle on that 2.5 line, so instead of being able to hit it and put more fire out, before the fog could even reach.....you can waste your time with actually having to get closer to it in order to use that super cool fog pattern. because it can put out so much fire out: rolleyes: Forget about just putting the fire out quicker and faster, think.....READY FOR THIS.........

THERMAL BALANCE! oooooh! there's a buzz word your type likes to use a lot. For some reason, the guys like NYCKBL and Tajm don't think about that "word" as much as your types, they prefer to just put the water on the fire without so much sexing to the flames. What a concept! But that must be Neanderthal to you. Simply not sophisticated enough, like your high brow sense of humor.
            We use fog nozzles where I work too. And you know what? Who cares!!! If they told us in the morning we were switching to something else - I couldn't care less. I use whatever they pay me to use and have no weird loyalty to either. Why do you???

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
              I remember a guy that considered Texas the start of the east coast.
              You mean to tell me it isn't? Prove it - liar!!!

Comment

I laughed and don't care what the people with zero sense of humors say! HA...HA... now moving on!

Comment

Originally posted by Whocares View Post
                  We use fog nozzles where I work too. And you know what? Who cares!!! If they told us in the morning we were switching to something else - I couldn't care less. I use whatever they pay me to use and have no weird loyalty to either. Why do you???
                  I just realized the most asinine thing about the whole 2 1/2" fog discussion is that we carry both fogs and smooth-bore stacked tips. The stacked tips are the primary nozzle on the 2 1/2" preconnects and the fogs are either on the second preconnect or in the compartment.

I goes back to that tolerance of others ideas/methods.

Comment

Not that my opinoin really matters, but I'm gonna give it to you.

I won't even factor in Brothers I have known and/or worked with killed on the job...

The skit was just plain stupid, retarded, and not even remotley amusing.

Comment

Like i have said from the start i dont find it funny. I dont find it in good taste. I personally think that it is disgusting to make jokes about it. Guess what everyone has different thing that they find funny or not funny. That is what makes the world go round. That is why comeddy centeral has so many different comics on it. I like Tosh.O you don't. You think denis leary if funny, I don't. Who cares.

Guess what Tajm611 that is my opinon i never forced it upon you or tried to sway your opinion in anyway. Instead of wanting to have an adult conversation or debate you resort to name calling and other childish acts.

AND YOU WONDER WHY YOU DO NOT GET RESPECT FROM THE PUBLIC!!!!! You cannot even conduct yourself in a proper manner over the internet.

If the way you interact on here is close to the way that you interact with people in real life. Then you have a lot to learn about life.

You want people to stop saying you need to grow up or you are inexperience. Guess what grow up little boy. Time to be act like a man.

Comment

You're free to not find it funny. You have every right to your opinion. If you look back on this entire thread you'll see that was never in debate.

To find an snl skit in bad taste is a matter of opinion and that's fine
                        To take it literally and use it for informational purposes isn't something a person with common sense could ever think of.

It isn't real. No one partaking in the filming of it feels that way.

That's why it's a joke. The point of the thread is that though they were joking, people here truly feel that way. And a post on firehouse isn't the reason the public doesn't respect "me". I don't think the public at large frequents here, especially since scarecrow left.

Tosh.0 is funny to you? I agree. A show all about embarrassing people, hilarious. Fortunately for me I don't cry when the jokes on me. That would be..... Childish.
                        ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
                          I get the onion sent right to my phone and it's awesome.
                          THAT sure didn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by RFD21C View Post
                            Like i have said from the start i dont find it funny. I dont find it in good taste. I personally think that it is disgusting to make jokes about it. Guess what everyone has different thing that they find funny or not funny. That is what makes the world go round. That is why comeddy centeral has so many different comics on it. I like Tosh.O you don't. You think denis leary if funny, I don't. Who cares.

Guess what Tajm611 that is my opinon i never forced it upon you or tried to sway your opinion in anyway. Instead of wanting to have an adult conversation or debate you resort to name calling and other childish acts.

AND YOU WONDER WHY YOU DO NOT GET RESPECT FROM THE PUBLIC!!!!! You cannot even conduct yourself in a proper manner over the internet.

If the way you interact on here is close to the way that you interact with people in real life. Then you have a lot to learn about life.

You want people to stop saying you need to grow up or you are inexperience. Guess what grow up little boy. Time to be act like a man.

Your first post in this thread read like a recruitment letter to join Kurt Russell in Backdraft 2. It sure seemed like you had a problem with those of us who arent so easily offended.

And I dont wonder why we get no respect from the upper class...
                            Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Sometimes a gut reaction to a situation says volumes about the integrity and make-up of the individual. My immediate gut reaction was one of revulsion, and then a feeling of empathy for the victim. I tend to think in the vein of the portrayal being real life instead of portrayal for the shock effect. Having said this, in analyzing the clip and the reaction of the posters, I find you all are revealing a whole lot about your psychological make-up and your general view of society.
                              We, old guys who grew up learning about life from family and a close knit community, were taught to place ourselves in the shoes of others we encounter. This is the instant transition that I experienced when exposed to the clip. It sucks to look at a couple of reporters who are ill-informed and have absolutely no compassion for their fellow man. The young lady is obviously struggling with emotions spanning the range from disbelief to anger at the lack of sensitivity of the reporters. Add to this the fact that they are placing a great burden of guilt on the victim.
                              Here is what really concerns me. Anyone taking a Psych. I class is exposed to the effects of peer example and pressure. Witness experiments conducted on small children exposed to videos showing actions that are then mimicked by the unwitting participants. I think the responses speak volumes about the effect of peer standards and the differences between the education and experiences of apparently different age groups represented in the forum responses. I hope these changes in sensibilities are not the prognostication for the future of our society.

Comment

Originally posted by kuhshise View Post
                                sometimes a gut reaction to a situation says volumes about the integrity and make-up of the individual. My immediate gut reaction was one of revulsion, and then a feeling of empathy for the victim. I tend to think in the vein of the portrayal being real life instead of portrayal for the shock effect. Having said this, in analyzing the clip and the reaction of the posters, i find you all are revealing a whole lot about your psychological make-up and your general view of society.
                                We, old guys who grew up learning about life from family and a close knit community, were taught to place ourselves in the shoes of others we encounter. This is the instant transition that i experienced when exposed to the clip. It sucks to look at a couple of reporters who are ill-informed and have absolutely no compassion for their fellow man. The young lady is obviously struggling with emotions spanning the range from disbelief to anger at the lack of sensitivity of the reporters. Add to this the fact that they are placing a great burden of guilt on the victim.
                                Here is what really concerns me. Anyone taking a psych. I class is exposed to the effects of peer example and pressure. Witness experiments conducted on small children exposed to videos showing actions that are then mimicked by the unwitting participants. I think the responses speak volumes about the effect of peer standards and the differences between the education and experiences of apparently different age groups represented in the forum responses. I hope these changes in sensibilities are not the prognostication for the future of our society.
                                lol..........
                                Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...