funny, but some truly feel this way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
    I tell you what, I'll take my route of respecting one's opinion and discussing it with them if we have differing opinions. You take your route of referring to anyone who has an opinion different than yours as being on their high-horse or as a moron.

I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't need to force my opinion down others' throats or call them names for having one that differs.
    I didn't claim anyone who disagreed with me is a moron. I've been wrong plenty of times in my life and in sure there will be more.

I simply stated that it would be moronic to watch that and take it literally and spout off about nothing pertaining to the video. So really, only you would fall into that group. Instead of heeding your own advice, you proceeded to boil with rage when everyone laughed at you. Maybe you were meant to be born in my generation, after all, stereotyping is all we do.

It was fun but I have fire to fight, I suggest you take on a hobby that won't get you so worked up. Forum warrior isn't looking to bright.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
      There really isn't a way to say this without sounding like a d*ck...but you are more than welcome to come on over to where myself an ffbam work if you are worried about us not doing our jobs.
      I'm not taking you as a dick, but at the same time I never accused anyone of not doing their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
        I didn't claim anyone who disagreed with me is a moron. I've been wrong plenty of times in my life and in sure there will be more.

I simply stated that it would be moronic to watch that and take it literally and spout off about nothing pertaining to the video. So really, only you would fall into that group. Instead of heeding your own advice, you proceeded to boil with rage when everyone laughed at you. Maybe you were meant to be born in my generation, after all, stereotyping is all we do.

It was fun but I have fire to fight, I suggest you take on a hobby that won't get you so worked up. Forum warrior isn't looking to bright.
        Ah, I see, it's just coincidence that you called so many in here a moron. I get it now.

Comment

Quite honestly, I already have a couple of ideas of how I can use this video for training, so despite how much I find it tasteless, it is going to serve a purpose.

lol what?

Do you show backdraft as a fire behavior course?

Do you show saturday night live episodes to inform your friends on political issues?

Really?

Side note: Older generation folks, please note that I will not stereotype you due to his actions for I know 99% of you are far to wise to be "War of the Worlds"-ed like our friend here.
          Last edited by tajm611; 01-29-2011, 05:59 PM.
          ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Ok, I laughed, but were you expecting any less from me?
            They ripped on the girl pretty hard, I saw nothing in there that was demeaning to firefighters. Also, before the fingers come out, my older brother was a LODD in 2001. (not a part of WTC). I get the onion sent right to my phone and it's awesome.
            Take a deep breath, watch it again, then if you feel the same so be it.
            IAFF

Comment

Guys,

As I said before, not only is this guy a holier-than-thou-blow-hard, he's like the firefighting antichrist.

Remember, catch22 is the same blow hard that said he cringes when young ff's quote Lt. McCormack (another thread where he targeted tajm). Cringe? if that's any indicator....

Hey catch22, "the firemen are talking"...yeah, THAT article. Read it, because your favorite guy who penned it wrote it specifically for "you".

Oh and before I forget!!! Hey Catch22! I prefer smoothbores!

Did you cringe? lol. Come on, time to debate that also, you know the drill...tell us lunks off about our traditional stuff. Wow us with making love to those fires with your talented variety of cooling and fog applications. Don't just use the solid stream to attack that large-area fire and be done, Finesse it! Over think it! That's what they taught you in the 70's and 80's after all. That's right, put a fog nozzle on that 2.5 line, so instead of being able to hit it and put more fire out, before the fog could even reach.....you can waste your time with actually having to get closer to it in order to use that super cool fog pattern. because it can put out so much fire out: rolleyes: Forget about just putting the fire out quicker and faster, think.....READY FOR THIS.........

THERMAL BALANCE! oooooh! there's a buzz word your type likes to use a lot. For some reason, the guys like NYCKBL and Tajm don't think about that "word" as much as your types, they prefer to just put the water on the fire without so much sexing to the flames. What a concept! But that must be Neanderthal to you. Simply not sophisticated enough, like your high brow sense of humor.

Comment

lol what?

Do you show backdraft as a fire behavior course?

Do you show saturday night live episodes to inform your friends on political issues?

Really?

Side note: Older generation folks, please note that I will not stereotype you due to his actions for I know 99% of you are far to wise to be "War of the Worlds"-ed like our friend here.
                Albeit parody and I personally find it in bad taste, it's a video I might use when we're talking about risk vs. benefit. I can show this video then follow it up with discussion about how much our lives are actually worth.

When I do teach risk/benefit, accountability, or some other topics I often share a story of a friend of mine that died LOD when a light-weight wood-frame, sheet metal building collapsed with him in the middle. It was confirmed empty and he knew it, but he was "doing his job" and died doing so. There's no marker, no nothing, but a rebuilt building identical to the one he died in. Care to take a guess how long it took to rebuild? They were working on clearing the debris as soon as NIOSH and the investigators left.

This little piece of satire, no matter how tasteless, might help reinforce that.

Comment

You're not going to shame anyone to feel bad about this.

If the satire was aimed at making fun of the dead firefighter it would be a different story.

Ironically, if that's not enough, the satire is about actually showing appreciation for his deed.

Comment

Originally posted by . View Post
                    Guys,

As I said before, not only is this guy a holier-than-thou-blow-hard, he's like the firefighting antichrist.

Remember, catch22 is the same blow hard that said he cringes when young ff's quote Lt. McCormack (another thread where he targeted tajm). Cringe? if that's any indicator....

Hey catch22, "the firemen are talking"...yeah, THAT article. Read it, because your favorite guy who penned it wrote it specifically for "you".

Oh and before I forget!!! Hey Catch22! I prefer smoothbores!

Did you cringe? lol. Come on, time to debate that also, you know the drill...tell us lunks off about our traditional stuff. Wow us with making love to those fires with your talented variety of cooling and fog applications. Don't just use the solid stream to attack that large-area fire and be done, Finesse it! Over think it! That's what they taught you in the 70's and 80's after all. That's right, put a fog nozzle on that 2.5 line, so instead of being able to hit it and put more fire out, before the fog could even reach.....you can waste your time with actually having to get closer to it in order to use that super cool fog pattern. because it can put out so much fire out: rolleyes: Forget about just putting the fire out quicker and faster, think.....READY FOR THIS.........

THERMAL BALANCE! oooooh! there's a buzz word your type likes to use a lot. For some reason, the guys like NYCKBL and Tajm don't think about that "word" as much as your types, they prefer to just put the water on the fire without so much sexing to the flames. What a concept! But that must be Neanderthal to you. Simply not sophisticated enough, like your high brow sense of humor.
                    Wow, you had to come to this forum to argue crap from another? Why is that? Perhaps you didn't have the ammunition to argue it in the other, where it was actually on topic?

Go ahead, take words out of context and say what you will, that's the typical tactic around here. As I've said before, once you have the experience and knowledge to back it up, you'll be able to argue facts instead of what others say.

I can honestly say there are some of you that couldn't clear the table after a meal with the guys I'm tasked with training, so what makes you think you're going to get my goat here?

Comment

Albeit parody and I personally find it in bad taste, it's a video I might use when we're talking about risk vs. benefit. I can show this video then follow it up with discussion about how much our lives are actually worth.

When I do teach risk/benefit, accountability, or some other topics I often share a story of a friend of mine that died LOD when a light-weight wood-frame, sheet metal building collapsed with him in the middle. It was confirmed empty and he knew it, but he was "doing his job" and died doing so. There's no marker, no nothing, but a rebuilt building identical to the one he died in. Care to take a guess how long it took to rebuild? They were working on clearing the debris as soon as NIOSH and the investigators left.

This little piece of satire, no matter how tasteless, might help reinforce that.
                      oh ok, I thought your lesson would have at least a little to do with the video you're complaining about.

How dumb of me. May I join in on the class? I really want to see everyones "wtf?" face when you try to connect those dots.

Comment

You're not going to shame anyone to feel bad about this.

If the satire was aimed at making fun of the dead firefighter it would be a different story.

Ironically, if that's not enough, the satire is about actually showing appreciation for his deed.
                        I haven't tried to shame anyone into feeling bad about this. I voiced my opinion that I didn't see the humor and that I thought it was tasteless. Your little buddy brought anything he gets on himself when he decided to call people morons for their opinion.

Comment

oh ok, I thought your lesson would have at least a little to do with the video you're complaining about.

How dumb of me. May I join in on the class? I really want to see everyones "wtf?" face when you try to connect those dots.
                          I wouldn't expect you to understand it.

Maybe you should come to one of our trainings, there's no telling how much you'd learn.

Comment

How to make asinine real world connections to a video that was never meant to be taken seriously?

No thank you, I enjoy having my sense of humor and my common sense intact. Thanks though!

Comment

If we're a bunch of word twisting dummies, you're free to leave...

Wow, you had to come to this forum to argue crap from another? Why is that? Perhaps you didn't have the ammunition to argue it in the other, where it was actually on topic?

Go ahead, take words out of context and say what you will, that's the typical tactic around here. As I've said before, once you have the experience and knowledge to back it up, you'll be able to argue facts instead of what others say.

I can honestly say there are some of you that couldn't clear the table after a meal with the guys I'm tasked with training, so what makes you think you're going to get my goat here?
                              You ***ume your experience trumps others once again. Big ASSume.
                              Someone disagrees and you blanketley pull the "inexperience card". As you just recently did with Tajm, in another thread...because he's young.

Hey Catch22, where are all these fires you're fighting in SOUTHWEST Missouri? LOL
                              Last edited by .; 01-29-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

You ***ume your experience trumps others once again. Big ASSume.
                                Someone disagrees and you blanketley pull the "inexperience card". As you just recently did with Tajm, in another thread...because he's young.

Hey Catch22, where are all these fires you're fighting in SOUTHWEST Missouri? LOL
                                Prove me wrong. What is this massive amount of experience you have? I know Tajm's experience, he's 23 with 2-3 years worth of experience. He expressed that himself. Mine is on my profile.

Oh, but you haven't offered up any of that information. You'd rather make blind personal attacks and then run when countered with real information (see the Saberjet thread).

By the way, if you're going to try to make a personal attack on someone, at least have the courtesy of doing your research. Case in point- trying to nail me on tactics I was taught in the 70's and 80's. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at my profile and figure out I wasn't fighting fire in the 70's and 80's.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X