No announcement yet.

funny, but some truly feel this way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats it like, having your head that far up your own ***?

Is that why you can't laugh?

If you take this as anything more than satire, you're a ****ing moron.
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

I caught the satire of it, but.....

When will the day come, that this does actually happen???

Hopefully, never.

FM1
      I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
      "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
        Whats it like, having your head that far up your own ***?

Is that why you can't laugh?

If you take this as anything more than satire, you're a ****ing moron.
        Let me ask you something- Have you ever known someone who died in the line of duty, or is it still just a name on a piece of paper for you?

If and when that day comes, you might just understand why that skit is so tasteless.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
          Let me ask you something- Have you ever known someone who died in the line of duty, or is it still just a name on a piece of paper for you?

If and when that day comes, you might just understand why that skit is so tasteless.
          lol .

Everything they do is tasteless, its the onion. Jokes always have butts....Im going to assume you never laugh at any jokes if you are taking this position?
          Last edited by nyckftbl; 01-29-2011, 10:05 AM.
          Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Yes, I have. More than one.

My opinion still stands....

Comment

yes i have.

Nowhere are they praising LODD's, for you to assume that just makes you look like even more of a moron than in the other thread you were so butthurt about.
              Last edited by tajm611; 01-29-2011, 12:28 PM.
              ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

tajm611, I know we've disagreed in the past, but I'm 100% with you on this one.

All of you that are taking this so seriously and saying it takes away from your values that you uphold, let me ask you a question about your values. How strong is your belief in them? Obviously lnot very strong if you think a satirical comedy clip can take those values away. Quit being motards, get a sense of humor, and laugh along with the rest of us.

Now, if it was making fun of the firefighter's death or calling him stupid for dying, that's one thing. But it is clearly satire, just light a light hearted joke.

I'm with nyckftbl, where the hell do upperclass people respect public safety workers, I have yet to see it. Well, unless you count immediately after 9/11. We see how long the public calls for better pay for public safety lasted don't we. They all found out it meant higher taxes a just asquickly shut the hell up.

Anyway, take the joke for what it is and enjoy life. Apparently some of you that don't get the satire haven't heard that loud popping sound lately.

Comment

Initially I was a little taken aback by it, until keeping in mind that it is "The Onion" and that they were satirizing the victim. That's when I was able to appreciate the humor.

As for putting yourselves on a pedestal; yeah, those days are long gone.
                  And "upper classes" appreciating us? ROFLMAO

Get this through your holier than thou heads:
                  We are the unwanted service.

Nobody wants to see us unless they're in trouble, and until that happens to them, it's always going to be the attitude of "it's not going to happen to me, but to somebody else".

It's like the short speech Lt. Speirs gives in "Band of Brothers": "You can't truly fight until you realize you're already dead."
                  In other words, accept the fact that you are not on that pedestal and do your job without expecting something.

Carry on
                  Last edited by ffbam24; 01-29-2011, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Exactly bam, love of the job is what it's all about. Yeah, better pay would be nice, but I'm happy as can be just being able to volunteer right now. It's amazing how things start coming back to me, even when I've been off the job for a little over three years.

Love it and live it, or leave it. This is one job that you can't be unhappy with and stick with it, I've seen some guys learn that the hard way.

Comment

yes i have.

Nowhere are they praising LODD's, for you to assume that just makes you look like even more of a moron than in the other thread you were so butthurt about.
                      And in another thread, you resort to your childish comments. Why am I not surprised, your immaturity is been quite apparent.

I am quite aware of what they are making fun of and what the Onion is. Nowhere did I say they were praising an LODD, that is an assumption on your part, and quite frankly is the least of why I find it tasteless. Quite honestly, I already have a couple of ideas of how I can use this video for training, so despite how much I find it tasteless, it is going to serve a purpose.

What I do find amusing is that with this opinion that the upper class doesn't appreciate us (and apparently, niether does anyone we save), you're feeding the "yard breathers" another excuse to think twice before risking their life for a pile of bricks. After all, why should we die to save a building when no one really cares, anyway?

Comment

Yeah buddy. You're right, since we were discussing not wanting to save ungrateful people. We were just pm'ing how much the public respects us and rightfully so.

No, I'm just joking. None of us are as ignorant as you. Keep reaching though. Maybe one day you'll pull out a point that has anything to do with the actual topic at hand.

Good luck!

Comment

Yeah buddy. You're right, since we were discussing not wanting to save ungrateful people. We were just pm'ing how much the public respects us and rightfully so.

No, I'm just joking. None of us are as ignorant as you. Keep reaching though. Maybe one day you'll pull out a point that has anything to do with the actual topic at hand.

Good luck!
                          You crack me up. What's sad is how many of your generation are just like you.

Comment

All you have on me is age, and you're not showcasing the wisdom that comes with yours all too well.

You should stop.

Comment

All you have on me is age, and you're not showcasing the wisdom that comes with yours all too well.

You should stop.
                              I tell you what, I'll take my route of respecting one's opinion and discussing it with them if we have differing opinions. You take your route of referring to anyone who has an opinion different than yours as being on their high-horse or as a moron.

I'm comfortable enough with myself that I don't need to force my opinion down others' throats or call them names for having one that differs.

Comment

And in another thread, you resort to your childish comments. Why am I not surprised, your immaturity is been quite apparent.

I am quite aware of what they are making fun of and what the Onion is. Nowhere did I say they were praising an LODD, that is an assumption on your part, and quite frankly is the least of why I find it tasteless. Quite honestly, I already have a couple of ideas of how I can use this video for training, so despite how much I find it tasteless, it is going to serve a purpose.

What I do find amusing is that with this opinion that the upper class doesn't appreciate us (and apparently, niether does anyone we save), you're feeding the "yard breathers" another excuse to think twice before risking their life for a pile of bricks. After all, why should we die to save a building when no one really cares, anyway?
                                There really isn't a way to say this without sounding like a d*ck...but you are more than welcome to come on over to where myself an ffbam work if you are worried about us not doing our jobs.
                                Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X