X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny, but some truly feel this way

http://www.theonion.com/articles/fir...ve-teen,18967/

its satire, but some really have this POV
    ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Saw this one the other day: http://www.theonion.com/articles/jud...ck-adul,18896/
    Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Comment

haha pretty funny.

Comment

hahahahaha

Comment

Ouch.......
          A coward stands by and watches wrongs committed without saying a word...Any opinions expressed are purely my own and not necessarily reflective of the views of my former departments

Comment

I see no humor in this what so ever. Even though this is complete fiction.

In the fire service we dont ask who, why, how, or how much. We dont look for medals, rewards, or even a thank you. The fact that we have done ever thing in our power to attempt to save a life is all that we need.

A human life is not something that we can take for granted. We cannot look at the fact that this person was a crack addict or a dead beat. We cannot say well lets try alittle harder this person is a doctor.

As Firefighters we took an oath either personalaly or offically to do everything in our power to save a life. How dare this network or anyone else for that matter, mock the oath the very oath myself and my brothers have taken. How dare they make a joke out of the loss of our brothers that have gave the very breath in their lungs to up hold our principles.

Honor, Bravery, Courage, Integrity, Broothhood. They are not a punch line. They are the very principles of what make this the greatest job in the world!

Comment

You should probably get a sense of humor and a ladder to step off that high horse.
              ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

His post actually made me laugh more than those videos.
                -Rob
                Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Comment

RFD21C- Please tell me you're being sarcastic

Comment

That's Screwed......( But I'm Laughing....Hard.)
                    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

I guess I don't see the humor in it, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Catch22 View Post
                        I guess I don't see the humor in it, either.
                        I didnt either. I thought it was tasteless.

Comment

not laughing one bit. I find it very tasteless.The thing that makes us so respected as a career in society is our selflessness. That is why from the upper class to the lower classare respect us (for the most part). We show up and take care of the problem with out asking questions, pointing blame, etc.

We dont provide the same care to the drug dealer shot in the street or the father with a family.

WE DONT NOT SAY YOU DONT HAVE SMOKE DETECTORS SO WE ARE NOT SEARCHING FOR YOUR FAMILY (yes that is directed at someone)

We dont say well you are a homeless crackhead in a vacant so we are not going in for you.

I just do not find the humor in someone mocking the very principles of helping anyone and everyone regardless of social status that the fire service was founded on. That is why I became a fireman and am not working in the cut throat private sector.

Tajm611-
                          If the fact that I perform my job with passion and give it 100% everyday that i work. That i do not find humor in someone mocking the very values that i bust my ***** to up hold puts me on a high horse. Then I suggest you step aside before the high horse i am riding on tramples your *****.

Comment

Where the f*ck do you people work where the upper class respects you?

Must be somewhere inside the city of thinskinville.
                            Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Wow.

Just.....

Wow.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X