Far Future..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccarlin52 View Post
    I didn't quite think of those types of materials. I was being narrow minded I guess by thinking of only materials such as the fire retardant sheetrock and other building materials. I couldn't agree with you both more about professors! Sometimes I wonder why they even get paid lol.

Probably the same way you are so worried about fuel costs affecting the fire service.

Go back to school and knock the dogshyit out of the prof! Tell he or she , until he has done atleast 15 to 20 years in this business, to stick to fooling the school and the students.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
      I'm still waiting on a flying car. They were promised for the year 2000....
      http://www.terrafugia.com/

The deposit's only $10K.

Comment

Yeah.........

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
        I'm still waiting on a flying car. They were promised for the year 2000....

Another Merle Haggard Fan, I presume............
        Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
        In memory of
        Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
        Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Yep!!........

Originally posted by bushwhacker View Post
          well i would like to nominate this for post of the month.

Do i hear a second?

Second!!............
          Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
          In memory of
          Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
          Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

To many idiots in this world to not have fire. They would have to do a lot more than some fire retardant materials, look at all the wildland fires that spread like crazy. To many things that are flamable to fireproof everything. Nice concept though, I will store that one right next to global warming as I stand by for our umpteenth night this year of adverse winter weather here in Tennessee.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
              Another Merle Haggard Fan, I presume............
              Who wants some Rainbow Stew?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez24y...eature=related
              Stay Safe
              Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
              - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
              -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhacker View Post
                Tell me when they make fire resistant tree's.
                They do NOW if you pound enough Salt into them. Hehe T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                  After all that - we can burn books!
                  HEY,I saw a movie on that,hehe T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                    Probably the same way you are so worried about fuel costs affecting the fire service.

Go back to school and knock the dogshyit out of the prof! Tell he or she , until he has done atleast 15 to 20 years in this business, to stick to fooling the school and the students.
                    Been burning dwellings and businesses flat for over 200 years. I HIGHLY Doubt that is gonna change in the next twenty. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post

Couldn't agree more with that last part!

Thanks to all who replied for your input!

Comment

They already make fire retardant buildings. "concrete"

Some reason they still burn???
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
                          They already make fire retardant buildings. "concrete"

Some reason they still burn???
                          Psst! Contents........or Commercial aircraft

Comment

I don't think it's appropriate to talking about fire "retardant."
                            Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

I suspect solar, wind, and tidal energy will be economically viable long before we start fireproofing everything.

But yeah ask your professor if he'd rather fall asleep on a bed of hay (sure seems flammable enough) or one of these new foam mattresses knowing it will be set on fire in the middle of the night.

It is true there are generally fewer fires nowadays, then again you wouldn't know it from this winter in our region. I've heard a lot of people say fires now are more dangerous however. Meanwhile the job at hand gets ever more complex and expansive.

Comment

Originally posted by ccarlin52 View Post
                                I'm not trying to **** anybody off here but I'm just sitting around pondering the thought one of my professors was talking of today. He stated that with the fire retardant materials that are coming out now a days and who knows what else in the future that one day fire fighters will not fight fires much or at all. Now I understand that they are still a lot of old buildings out there and they will remain there but I am just thinking down the line. We came across this subject when he asked what we wanted to do and I said I wanted to be a firefighter. I guess he was maybe trying to make me second guess it(which im not) or if he was just discussing. But anyways does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Your "professor" is a blooming idiot. to quite Marvel Comics' Stan Lee...
                                E'nuff said!
                                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X