College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College

I'm a junior in high school and I'm starting to look at which 4 year college I want to go to. I live in Virginia which surprisingly has no colleges offering any bachelor degrees in fire related fields. I know EKU and Maryland are supposed to be good schools but I cant find where Maryland has anything other than Fire Engineering which wont directly help a career in the Fire dept. Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Any college degree will directly help with a fire service career.

Comment

Agreed, any degree will help. Most Virginia Universities offer puclic administration programs, a good option for you.

Comment

Montgomery College in Md. has a Fire Science major I believe..Might want to check into the live in programs they have in that area also.

Comment

The University of Alaska Fairbanks has a Bachelor of Emergency Management degree and an associates in emergency services program specialized for several different vocations. There are also live-in programs with many of the local fire departments, some of which have scholarships, and student-level firefighting jobs with the University Fire Department. You just have to be able to put up with the cold.

Comment

University of New Haven

Take a look at the University of New Haven in Connecticut. They have multiple fire science bachelors degree programs including Fire Administration, Arson Investigation, Fire Technologies, Fire Protection Engineering. Its a small school but has a great program.

www.newhaven.edu

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X