Clear All

• L-Webb
    replied
    lol, My feelings are hurt.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by . View Post
    that's what i love about you. very quick to get worked up in a passion. makes for a fun time and always been that way throughout the years. remember you and massfireguys little spats? lol
    Because you are hiding behind a non-identifier name, which means more than likely you have been banned numerous times, I could not possibly care less what you think about me specifically or anything in general. Please just go away.

Leave a comment:

• tajm611
    replied
    Funny, his supporters prefer to remain anonymous.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    Round 112?
    Posted by Rescue101
    Are you Game? T.C.
    One advantage we have is a very deep bench....

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Round 112?
    Are you Game? T.C.

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    I'd love to keep debating this, but it's obvious that it ain't gonna get us anywhere.

You call it duckig or avoiding the job.

I call it minimizing risk and not sending my crew into a place where it is unlikely they are going to find a victim so why risk them in a potentially unstable structure.

There are times to take risks and there are times to look at the overall situation and reduce risk where we can. In my community, this is one of those times. You disagree. That's cool.
    Like Red Auerbach said:

"Statistics are for losers."

You prove his point frequently.

We understand why you don't want to discuss this topic. You let everyone know your lack of ability to do your job.
    Last edited by scfire86; 01-26-2011, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
    I gave the citizens I served the benefit of the doubt and did searches.

You've reduced the matter to the laws of probability.

Red Auerbach had a great line when asked about statisitics.

I believed searching was the only way to prove no one was inside, regardless of what you think may or may not be there. Then again, I was a professional and not a hobby firefighter like yourself.

In the 30+ years I worked we did searches regardless of whether we thought the structure was abandoned or a commercial after hours. We found a couple of times owners sleeping in their commercial occupancies. And in those hundreds of instances, none of my crew ever got hurt. We took our jobs seriously. We didn't treat it as an annoyance or look for ways to avoid doing it.
    I'd love to keep debating this, but it's obvious that it ain't gonna get us anywhere.

You call it duckig or avoiding the job.

I call it minimizing risk and not sending my crew into a place where it is unlikely they are going to find a victim so why risk them in a potentially unstable structure.

There are times to take risks and there are times to look at the overall situation and reduce risk where we can. In my community, this is one of those times. You disagree. That's cool.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    Round 112?

Leave a comment:

• tajm611
    replied
    Here we go again...

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by L-Webb View Post
    Depends...... Take the axe cut a hole in the wall and fog the fire through the hole then force the door..

Depends on construction I guess.

you guess? i can tell. oh aren't you cute with your little brainy solutions.....not. you didn't have to tell us you've only been in the fire service for 4 years, it's showed from the minute you started saying goofing things about the beauty of a fog nozzle a few weeks back. idiot amateurs. better to keep it shut then remove all doubt.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by scfire86 View Post

I believed searching was the only way to prove no one was inside, regardless of what you think may or may not be there. Then again, I was a professional and not a hobby firefighter like yourself.

In the 30+ years I worked we did searches regardless of whether we thought the structure was abandoned or a commercial after hours. We found a couple of times owners sleeping in their commercial occupancies. And in those hundreds of instances, none of my crew ever got hurt. We took our jobs seriously. We didn't treat it as an annoyance or look for ways to avoid doing it.
    i like you. you may be excessively lefty, but you're a firemen through and through (retired i know)

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Whocares View Post
    And whats the point? What were their injury rates before bunkers? What were they after? Heat injury problems? How do the members feel about the change? Would the vast majority switch back if they could? What do you actually know about their particular situation other than just repeating over and over "bunkers are the best."And they can also be used as a crutch for departments that have forgotten or never knew good truck work. Whats your point?

ah, don't worry about this guy, he's like the firefighting Antichrist.

-3/4 boots are bad.

-ray mccormack is a bad. and a poor influence on the kids.

-fog nozzles are god. smoothbores are for meathead-non-progressives.

-insert anything else that the real firemen are for and be against it.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
    I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you with that. I guess I may be a little passionate sometimes in my beliefs.
    that's what i love about you. very quick to get worked up in a passion. makes for a fun time and always been that way throughout the years. remember you and massfireguys little spats? lol

Leave a comment:

• scfire86
    replied
    Not rehashing this.

I will say that nobody, and I mean nobody, here can remember any situation where we, or any other rural department in either our parish or the neighboring parish has had a situation where they did a rescue or had a fatality in an abandoned building in the last 25 years.

None.

Could it happen? Sure. Is it likely? No. is it possible? Sure, anything is possible. Is it a strong enough probability to put members on into a structurally unstable building on the off chance that somebody is in there when history indicates it's extremly unlikely? IMO, no. In my department's? No again.

You feel operating in abandons are worth the risk in every community every time. I strongly disagree, Give me a reason and I'll give it a shot until it looks like one of my guys is going to get hurt, then the operation is over, and what happens, happens. Without that reason, simply not worth the risk.There is no documented history here of occupied abandoneds being an issue.

Sane with locked commercials after after hours, especially if they are truss.

Last edited by scfire86; 01-24-2011, 02:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Originally posted by L-Webb View Post
    Point taken.
    I didn't mean to sound like I was coming at you with that. I guess I may be a little passionate sometimes in my beliefs.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X