Who's talking now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L-Webb View Post
    Depends...... Take the axe cut a hole in the wall and fog the fire through the hole then force the door..

Depends on construction I guess.

you guess? i can tell. oh aren't you cute with your little brainy solutions.....not. you didn't have to tell us you've only been in the fire service for 4 years, it's showed from the minute you started saying goofing things about the beauty of a fog nozzle a few weeks back. idiot amateurs. better to keep it shut then remove all doubt.

Comment

• Here we go again...
      ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

• Round 112?
        Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by scfire86 View Post
          I gave the citizens I served the benefit of the doubt and did searches.

You've reduced the matter to the laws of probability.

Red Auerbach had a great line when asked about statisitics.

"Statistics are for losers."

I believed searching was the only way to prove no one was inside, regardless of what you think may or may not be there. Then again, I was a professional and not a hobby firefighter like yourself.

In the 30+ years I worked we did searches regardless of whether we thought the structure was abandoned or a commercial after hours. We found a couple of times owners sleeping in their commercial occupancies. And in those hundreds of instances, none of my crew ever got hurt. We took our jobs seriously. We didn't treat it as an annoyance or look for ways to avoid doing it.
          I'd love to keep debating this, but it's obvious that it ain't gonna get us anywhere.

You call it duckig or avoiding the job.

I call it minimizing risk and not sending my crew into a place where it is unlikely they are going to find a victim so why risk them in a potentially unstable structure.

There are times to take risks and there are times to look at the overall situation and reduce risk where we can. In my community, this is one of those times. You disagree. That's cool.
          Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
            I'd love to keep debating this, but it's obvious that it ain't gonna get us anywhere.

You call it duckig or avoiding the job.

I call it minimizing risk and not sending my crew into a place where it is unlikely they are going to find a victim so why risk them in a potentially unstable structure.

There are times to take risks and there are times to look at the overall situation and reduce risk where we can. In my community, this is one of those times. You disagree. That's cool.
            Like Red Auerbach said:

"Statistics are for losers."

You prove his point frequently.

We understand why you don't want to discuss this topic. You let everyone know your lack of ability to do your job.
            Last edited by scfire86; 01-26-2011, 09:56 AM.
            They told me if I voted for Hillary Clinton the president would be emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable. They were right. I voted for Hillary Clinton and got a president that is emotional, impulsive, and unpredictable.

I'm not saying you're stupid. I'm saying you have bad luck when it comes to thinking.

Comment

Round 112?
              Are you Game? T.C.

Comment

Round 112?
                Posted by Rescue101
                Are you Game? T.C.
                One advantage we have is a very deep bench....
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• Funny, his supporters prefer to remain anonymous.
                  ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

• Originally posted by . View Post
                    that's what i love about you. very quick to get worked up in a passion. makes for a fun time and always been that way throughout the years. remember you and massfireguys little spats? lol
                    Because you are hiding behind a non-identifier name, which means more than likely you have been banned numerous times, I could not possibly care less what you think about me specifically or anything in general. Please just go away.
                    Crazy, but that's how it goes
                    Millions of people living as foes
                    Maybe it's not too late
                    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

• lol, My feelings are hurt.
                      Get the first line into operation.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse