Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatloaf from the other night.

Comment

After a delicious homemade deer chili dinner at the firehouse the tones drop for a medical call. We arrive, start pt assessment, and as I reach down to grab my stethoscope...a barking spider made a weird noise from my general direction. I look at my partner, look at the pt...and then BAM!!! It hits all of us...thats my OH SH*T!! moment. Enjoy!
      *Always leave the job a little better for the next guy*

Comment

Originally posted by MassFireGuy View Post
        Meatloaf from the other night.
        Meatloaf is always cool. "paradise by the dashboard light"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK-FRac7m58

Comment

I am so proud of you guys, right now.
          Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Commercial fire in a 100' X 300' concrete tilt-up....about 1 a.m. Heavy smoke showing out the front door of a retail space upon arrival.

First in engine arrives, inside team grabs a 2 1/2" and starts to push in. We arrive on the 2nd engine and also grab a 2 1/2" and push in. Smoke is banked to the floor and very hot.....but no fire. Both teams are making their way through a small retail space, trying to find the seat of the fire and just getting their asses kicked by the heat.

First battalion chief arrives, puckers up, and immediately calls for all interior companies to withdraw immediately. We turn and head out. The 1st in team was in a little deeper so they come out behind us. About a minute after we withdrew, the whole roof collapses onto a raging inferno in the back warehouse. Turns out, the fire started in the warehouse, got ripping, then got up into a mezzanine above the retail space that we were operating in and was about to burn through the roof. But everything held.....

Chief earned his pay that night.

Still makes me pucker when I think about it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X