• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Rescue101
    Forum Member

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    The REAL SPRING starts on March 24th this year......... 24th is the opening day (of a 3 day event) of the Keystone Nationals Truck and Tractor Pull at the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg, Pa....... 69 Days til Spring!!.....
    Harve,you need to pinch these things a little tighter to the Fire show. I can usually get a screw off week but I don't wanna make TWO trips. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    63 Years & Still Rolling

• hwoods
    replied
    Yeah............

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Hey Brother, be careful that you don't get stuck or fall in that snow. It may be spring when we find you!

Spring? A little over two months away.

The REAL SPRING starts on March 24th this year......... 24th is the opening day (of a 3 day event) of the Keystone Nationals Truck and Tractor Pull at the Pennsylvania Farm Show in Harrisburg, Pa....... 69 Days til Spring!!.....

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    Forum Member

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    That would have been illegal : lobstering without a license . :-}

If I could figure out how to attach photos to this site , I've got some good ones.
    See if this works:

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/islandfire03/

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    Forum Member

• Rescue101
    replied
    Could have been a lot worse. When we got there the owner had a garden hose out and was keeping it under control. Just had to open up the exterior wall and do some overhaul. In & out in about an hour.

Me :: I burn Dinosaur farts in my Rinnai
    Price of Dino squeezins these days, we incinerate some celluloid to offset the costs. Selective triming on 100 acres keeps the woods fit and us warm. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    Forum Member

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    They Go OUT of this house in a steel pail and are dumped in the shops snow barrens. By Spring,they're OUT,trust me. I heard the Initial Dispatch and was thinking better you than me,hehe T.c.
    Could have been a lot worse. When we got there the owner had a garden hose out and was keeping it under control. Just had to open up the exterior wall and do some overhaul. In & out in about an hour.

Me :: I burn Dinosaur farts in my Rinnai

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    Forum Member

• Rescue101
    replied
    In the homeowners defense: He said it was his girlfriend and she's from down South in Massachusetts. She thought she would help with the chores while he was at work . :-}

She didn't realize that after he uses a plastic bucket to take them out , he dumps the ashes/ coals in a steel barrel outside.

Got another 4-6" overnight from the backside of the storm. It sure is pretty and bright out this morning.
    They Go OUT of this house in a steel pail and are dumped in the shops snow barrens. By Spring,they're OUT,trust me. I heard the Initial Dispatch and was thinking better you than me,hehe T.c.

Leave a comment:

• Leeland
    Forum Member

• Leeland
    replied
    Still waiting for that supposed snow storm, I might want to becareful on that comment but with the way the weather is going on around here, I highly doubt we will see any significant snow fall.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    Forum Member

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    The Much publicized Winter Weather Event finally arrived at 1700 this evening. It's now 2200 and our Snow depth is a staggering 2 ( Yes, TWO) inches.......
    Hey Brother, be careful that you don't get stuck or fall in that snow. It may be spring when we find you!

Spring? A little over two months away.

Leave a comment:

• LaFireEducator
    Forum Member

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    In the homeowners defense: He said it was his girlfriend and she's from down South in Massachusetts. She thought she would help with the chores while he was at work . :-}

She didn't realize that after he uses a plastic bucket to take them out , he dumps the ashes/ coals in a steel barrel outside.

Got another 4-6" overnight from the backside of the storm. It sure is pretty and bright out this morning.
    We still have a little bit of ice on the trees and a dab os now here and there in the shadows.

Ten bucks says we'll run a couple of brush fires today though.

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    Forum Member

• islandfire03
    replied
    Originally posted by tree68 View Post
    They do that there, too? Cardboard boxes work well, too...

We got maybe 2-3" of snow. Plow's been by the house about four times.

Of course, the cops have been busy on some of the roads frequented by out-of-towners. No major incidents, but a lot of winch-outs for the tow operators...

Leave a comment:

• TexasFire77
    Forum Member

• TexasFire77
    replied
    We got bout 3 inches just east of Dallas Sunday. Bridges got a little slick. Ran on a TT with two trailers that slipped and slid off the highway. Ended up in the ditch on his side. State sand truck showed up and broke down just before he got to the bridge. Figures. Other than that it was pretty quiet. Figured it'd be worse the way folks drive. I grew up in Texas so I hate ice on the roads like the rest of em but I'm not an idiot if I gotta get out. Snow is no biggie.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    MembersZone Subscriber

• tree68
    replied
    People REALLY shouldn't use plastic 5 gal buckets to clean out the wood stove and then put it outside next to the house.
    They do that there, too? Cardboard boxes work well, too...

We got maybe 2-3" of snow. Plow's been by the house about four times.

Of course, the cops have been busy on some of the roads frequented by out-of-towners. No major incidents, but a lot of winch-outs for the tow operators...

Leave a comment:

• islandfire03
    Forum Member

• islandfire03
    replied
    Well the weather guessers were almost right: The snow started right about the time we got toned out for a structure fire @ 5:05 this morning.
    People REALLY shouldn't use plastic 5 gal buckets to clean out the wood stove and then put it outside next to the house .

By the time the snow stopped we had about 18 inches of nice fluffy stuff.
    Just another January day in Maine !

Leave a comment:

• CGITCH
    Forum Member

• CGITCH
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    . THEN the Plow trucks started getting stuck. I see a NY sirloin in my future. T.C.
    Love it when plow trucks get stuck. During deer season we came up on one who put it in the ditch while he was backing up busting drifts. Full load of sand in the back. I drive an S10 Zr2 and we thought we would be funny so we backed up to him pulled the chains out of the back and walked up to his cab asking if he needed a tug. The funny thing is he thought we were serious.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    Forum Member

• Rescue101
    replied
    Been a good day, First job was a jackknifed 26' TT reefer. Showed up with the one ton F350 4x4 vulcan and the TT driver started laffing( Real steep hill in the North End)He wasn't Laffing very loud when we snapped him right back into the road and sent him on his way. NEVER would have got in there with the Big hook. Next was a fuel truck down a Camp road. THEN the Plow trucks started getting stuck. I see a NY sirloin in my future. T.C.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X