NW LA, East Texas & South Arkansas Posters .. Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would have been illegal : lobstering without a license . :-}

If I could figure out how to attach photos to this site , I've got some good ones.

Comment

And..........

The Much publicized Winter Weather Event finally arrived at 1700 this evening. It's now 2200 and our Snow depth is a staggering 2 ( Yes, TWO) inches.......
      Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
      In memory of
      Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
      Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
        If I could figure out how to attach photos to this site , I've got some good ones.
        Upload them to a picture site like Flikr or Photobucket then link to them with IMG tags. Those sites are free, to the best of my knowledge.

The radar shows some snow creeping up on us (we're getting the northern half of this event), but snow totals through tomorrow are only in the 2-4" range. Hardly enough to warrant firing up the snowblower.
        Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
          You got HILLS? Hehe T.C.
          East of town yes, West of town, No. Literally 3 miles in either direction it changes. What we lack in hills we sure make up for in snow drifts. We literally had cars buried for a few days in December.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
            The Much publicized Winter Weather Event finally arrived at 1700 this evening. It's now 2200 and our Snow depth is a staggering 2 ( Yes, TWO) inches.......
            This about says it ALL! If you can't make it bigger it says: " The ROADS are WICKED Slippery!". 16" down and still coming! Yahoo! T.C.
            Rescue101
            Forum Member
            Last edited by Rescue101; 02-19-2011, 05:07 PM.

Comment

This about says it ALL! If you can't make it bigger it says: " The ROADS are WICKED Slippery!". 16" down and still coming! Yahoo! T.C.
              Now there's some truth in advertising....

Comment

WICKED ... Now that's a New England word for ya!
                Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Been a good day, First job was a jackknifed 26' TT reefer. Showed up with the one ton F350 4x4 vulcan and the TT driver started laffing( Real steep hill in the North End)He wasn't Laffing very loud when we snapped him right back into the road and sent him on his way. NEVER would have got in there with the Big hook. Next was a fuel truck down a Camp road. THEN the Plow trucks started getting stuck. I see a NY sirloin in my future. T.C.

Comment

. THEN the Plow trucks started getting stuck. I see a NY sirloin in my future. T.C.
                    Love it when plow trucks get stuck. During deer season we came up on one who put it in the ditch while he was backing up busting drifts. Full load of sand in the back. I drive an S10 Zr2 and we thought we would be funny so we backed up to him pulled the chains out of the back and walked up to his cab asking if he needed a tug. The funny thing is he thought we were serious.

Comment

Well the weather guessers were almost right: The snow started right about the time we got toned out for a structure fire @ 5:05 this morning.
                      People REALLY shouldn't use plastic 5 gal buckets to clean out the wood stove and then put it outside next to the house .

By the time the snow stopped we had about 18 inches of nice fluffy stuff.
                      Just another January day in Maine !

Comment

People REALLY shouldn't use plastic 5 gal buckets to clean out the wood stove and then put it outside next to the house.
                        They do that there, too? Cardboard boxes work well, too...

We got maybe 2-3" of snow. Plow's been by the house about four times.

Of course, the cops have been busy on some of the roads frequented by out-of-towners. No major incidents, but a lot of winch-outs for the tow operators...

Comment

We got bout 3 inches just east of Dallas Sunday. Bridges got a little slick. Ran on a TT with two trailers that slipped and slid off the highway. Ended up in the ditch on his side. State sand truck showed up and broke down just before he got to the bridge. Figures. Other than that it was pretty quiet. Figured it'd be worse the way folks drive. I grew up in Texas so I hate ice on the roads like the rest of em but I'm not an idiot if I gotta get out. Snow is no biggie.

Comment

Originally posted by tree68 View Post
                            They do that there, too? Cardboard boxes work well, too...

We got maybe 2-3" of snow. Plow's been by the house about four times.

Of course, the cops have been busy on some of the roads frequented by out-of-towners. No major incidents, but a lot of winch-outs for the tow operators...
                            In the homeowners defense: He said it was his girlfriend and she's from down South in Massachusetts. She thought she would help with the chores while he was at work . :-}

She didn't realize that after he uses a plastic bucket to take them out , he dumps the ashes/ coals in a steel barrel outside.

Got another 4-6" overnight from the backside of the storm. It sure is pretty and bright out this morning.

Comment

In the homeowners defense: He said it was his girlfriend and she's from down South in Massachusetts. She thought she would help with the chores while he was at work . :-}

She didn't realize that after he uses a plastic bucket to take them out , he dumps the ashes/ coals in a steel barrel outside.

Got another 4-6" overnight from the backside of the storm. It sure is pretty and bright out this morning.
                              We still have a little bit of ice on the trees and a dab os now here and there in the shadows.

Ten bucks says we'll run a couple of brush fires today though.
                              Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Originally posted by hwoods View Post
                                Hey Brother, be careful that you don't get stuck or fall in that snow. It may be spring when we find you!

Spring? A little over two months away.
                                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse