Handy iTouch apps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handy iTouch apps

So my adored daughter got an iTouch for Christmas. Are there any (free) apps you'd recommend that could help me in the fire service?
    “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

"UN NUMBER" exactly what the title is- looking up hazardous materials using the 4-digit UN number. You can also enter generic names, or specific names of chemicals. I find it particularly useful when I am doing building inspections. Will bring up chemical database, basic ERG's, etc.

"ICC MOBILE" for looking up any ICC building or fire codes in the field. (Note: Must have an ICC membership for full code access.)

"Fire Engineering" is cool to get the latest fire news, because firehouse.com sucks.

"5-0 Radio Pro" listen to radio traffic from almost any emergency agency (and railroads, airports, etc.) from many many areas in the USA and the world.

"USPS Mobile" not really fire related but one I use a LOT. Mostly for looking up ZIP codes.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Fire Rescue 1 also has a pretty good one to. I can't wait untill firehouse comes out with theres.

Comment

Iheartradio
        Party whistle
        Gorillacam
        Ul connect
        Dictation
        Tap hunter
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

In the days of a Droid, people are still using the Iphone aps?

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
            In the days of a Droid, people are still using the Iphone aps?
            Hey now! She's not even 12 yet. Don't throw her onto too fast of a technology treadmill!
            “I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.”
            ― Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by EastKyFF View Post
              Hey now! She's not even 12 yet. Don't throw her onto too fast of a technology treadmill!
              LOL.... But you are stealing her Christmas presents!

Originally posted by EastKyFF View Post
              Are there any (free) apps you'd recommend that could help me in the fire service?

Comment

There's also some shift calenders to, but I only think one is free.

Comment

Fire related:
                  Scanner911 -- For listening to the radio stream
                  ERG and/or Wiser for substance lookup

Non fire related:
                  Pandora for music streams
                  Netflix for movie streams
                  iMapMyRun for tracking my workouts (distance, pace, route, heartrate..etc)
                  So you call this your free country
                  Tell me why it costs so much to live
                  -3dd

Comment

Not a free application, but looks like it might be good for training- 911 toolkit http://itunes.apple.com/app/911-tool...16120859?mt=8#

Comment

I second the 911 ToolKit. Lot's of good checklists (including EMS), cheat sheets, calculators, and quizzes which are a good refresher.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X