X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hwoods
    replied
    And...........

I have some Kobalt Multi Tools from Lowe's....... They're fine for me, no problems...... Tech Rescue Gear is another matter. I have an Aluminum Ribbed Frame with a Stainless Steel Single Side Blade clipped on my Vest, another clipped on my Gumby Suit, and one clipped to the handle of my gear Bag. One Rule of Thumb - "Never go in the Water without a Knife, Never go on a Rope with one".........

Leave a comment:

• MFD1040
    replied
    same here leatherman is a great brand well built and tough.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Originally posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
    Leatherman Wave in a case attached to my radio strap and case is upside down so when I open it, it falls into my gloved hand. ill try and get a picture up works really good.
    I carry the Wave as well and have it set up the same way. Works great.

Leave a comment:

• tonsoffun1101
    replied
    Leatherman Wave in a case attached to my radio strap and case is upside down so when I open it, it falls into my gloved hand. ill try and get a picture up works really good.

Leave a comment:

• WD6956
    replied
    I always carry a blunt tip serrated blade knife clipped at the top of a pocket. Their is no real practical need to have a knife with a sharp tip as a rescue knife. The disadvantges of injuring yourself or someone else are just not worth it. And i learned long ago to spend as little as possible so when it gets lost or damaged it's not a big deal. Ebay has several vendors selling surprisingly good quality folding and locking knives with blunt tips and serrations that will cut through rope and webbing with ease. Many versions have seat belt cutters built in. Most of these knives can be had for $10.00 or less. I have bought many as gifts as well as for myself. I can vouch that the quality is more then fine for a utility knife.

I always carry one of the replaceable blade Husky knives for those times when i need a sharp point for cutting objects on the surface.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedcbk1
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Is this SAE or Metric???
    i use SAE.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    On my radio strap I have a Leatherman so I always have it with me regardless of whether I'm in a fire, on an ems call, or working around the station.

I have two of the Houdini Pro knives that I keep on my gear (one each at paid and vollie houses) with the seatbelt cutter/window punch.

I always make sure to have a backup so in my gear I always am sure to have a decent throwaway knife ($15 or so) and a good window punch.

Leave a comment:

• JT_Fire_2000
    replied
    I carry a $12 Husky multi-tool. Its just a leatherman clone, and an $8 pocket knife. After losing some really nice ones, I decided it would be better to just buy cheap ones, and replace more often. I've used the husky multitool quite a bit, never failed me.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by ffmedcbk1 View Post
    i strongly suggest a "6 in 1" screwdriver tool.

the screwdrivers are obviously useful. the nut drivers will come in handy more often than you could imagine.

it is also very important to have the knife but i find i use the driver more often.

Is this SAE or Metric???

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    A basic Leatherman and a set of wire cutters is all you need.

Leave a comment:

• ffmedcbk1
    replied
    i strongly suggest a "6 in 1" screwdriver tool.

the screwdrivers are obviously useful. the nut drivers will come in handy more often than you could imagine.

it is also very important to have the knife but i find i use the driver more often.

Leave a comment:

• BlueMtnsFF
    replied
    Leatherman Wave
    As stated above, easy open blade on outside of body, stands up to alot of abuse.....due for a new set of plier heads after a tough 5 years of use

Leave a comment:

• slackjawedyokel
    replied
    And do you research and get American (100%) made

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    If you're getting a multi-tool, get a good quality item. I've gotten some as handouts at trade shows and they were just short of dangerous, in no small part because they lacked any sort of latching system.

More importantly, get something you're going to use. No sense carrying around a toolbox if all you're ever going to use is the screwdriver and pliers...

If you're not sure what you need, maybe you should pick this one up...

Leave a comment:

• bradenframe
    replied
    I love my gerber hinderer rescue knife!

Seriously...I got the basic rescue knife from Academy...it was $20 less than firestore.com...and I used the heck out of the oxygen key.

Yeah I cut a seatbelt here and there...but having an o2 key on your knife in your pocket is just convenient.

I just got the CLS (combat life safer) version...its basically the same knife...just all black and with a point on the end instead of the stubby version on the red one.

All in all...it's been a great tool...and by far my favorite knife.

Good luck,

B Frame

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...