Leather Chinstrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather Chinstrap

Does anyone know where to purchase a replacement chinstrap? I would like one made of leather and not nomex. Thanks

I've seen them on bostonleather.com
    And 5alarmleather.com
    IAFF

Comment

You might try a tack shop and have one custom made.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
        I've seen them on bostonleather.com
        And 5alarmleather.com
        Can't find it on either site....do you have a link?

Comment

Originally posted by RHTA View Post
          Yeah sorry. Tried to do this from my phone. Let me get to a puter and I'll throw it up.
          IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by RHTA View Post

http://bostonleather.com/

http://5alarmleather.com/
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

He did'nt say he could not find the wesbites, he said he could not find the item's ON the websites.

And i just searched the Boston Leather site and under "Firefighting accessories" their is no chin strap's even listed. I used the search engine on the site as well and found nothing. If they do make one, they do not list it on the site.

As far as i can recall, leather helmet straps are tough to find now and are not popular do to comfort issues. A leaTher helmet strap strong enough to be reliable would be thick and uncomfortable. If they made the leather thinner to make it comfortable, it would not be strong enough. 5 Alarm does make one, if you go the site and click on "Store" and scroll down, it is there. Personally, i would stick with Nomex or go with a Milwaukee strap. I just never liked the stiff feel of them.

Comment

http://5alarmleather.com/store.html

Scroll to the bottom, it's there in two different flavors. Thanks Cap.
                IAFF

Comment

Perfect....thanks guys

Comment

When I did a search "Milwaukee Strap" came-up, try that.
                    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

I bet your "airmask" has a zipper over the mouth.
                      Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Anybody ever use the leather suspenders? I would be interested in that. I wonder if they could make them for the loop snap for Morning Pride?

Comment

Originally posted by MassFireGuy View Post
                          Anybody ever use the leather suspenders? I would be interested in that. I wonder if they could make them for the loop snap for Morning Pride?
                          Check out the 5 alarm link. They have them for both I believe. They even have them for high back drops. The guys that use them here like them.
                          IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by MassFireGuy View Post
                            Boston Leather's suspenders have that option. I am using them currently and like them. They get more comfortable with time as the leather breaks in.

Comment

I tired leather suspenders and had one gripe that made me get rid of them. They are so ridgid that if you pulled up on your Bunker pants the suspenders would lift off your shoulder(s) is you were not wearing your coat. Then they would either flop off your shoulder and have to be put back or if they did not flop off your shoulder, they would move out of position and require readjustment. Another guy i know who has tham said that the issue would go away over time as they broke in and got softer. But after a month, i gave up.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X