PA Blue light question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Blue light question!

I was told that you are only authorized to use a blue light when responding to a call but I wanted to know if i was driving and witnessed an accident and stopped to help until fire/ems arrive can I turn on my blue light to alert other traffic? Thanks in advance for you input.

No, take the light out of your vehicle immediately, place it in a metal container, add an accelerant, and kill it with fire.
    IAFF

Comment

well this is a refreshing question.
      ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
        No, take the light out of your vehicle immediately, place it in a metal container, add an accelerant, and kill it with fire.
        You know if you dont want to answer the question just keep your comments to yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
          Further, make it a large container and consider jumping in with it.
          "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
          sigpic
          The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

ask your chief.

/thread.
            ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Get the first line into operation.

Comment

I've got the popcorn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
                  ask your chief.
                  Agreed.

Guys, this is the dude's first post here. I know we all get tired of the blue light questions, but let's cut him a little bit of a break....
                  Career Fire Captain
                  Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Comment

Originally posted by aclem10408 View Post
                    You know if you dont want to answer the question just keep your comments to yourself!
                    And if you can't take a little ribbing, maybe you should get out of the fire service.

Continuing.....removing the light and running it over at least 71 times with a steam roller should also suffice.
                    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

This is great. We are breaking ground with a blue light question here. I wonder why it has never come up before?

ASK YOUR CHIEF. You are on a fire department right?
                      Last edited by LVFD301; 12-30-2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Go to k-mart, all the blue lights you want......
                        My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                        "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                        George Mason
                        Co-author of the Second Amendment
                        during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                        Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

I was told that you are only authorized to use a blue light when responding to a call but I wanted to know if i was driving and witnessed an accident and stopped to help until fire/ems arrive can I turn on my blue light to alert other traffic? Thanks in advance for you input.
                          Ok, I just looked at this again. You stopped to help until fire/ems arrives? So you are NOT on a department?

Get rid of the light. You will be noticed, people will ask about the light, know you are not on a department, and you will be visiting with the state police.

Even if you are not "driving" with it, just sitting on the side of the road. They will probably go after criminal impersonation charges.

Comment

You know if you dont want to answer the question, just say anything oh master of sarcasm, just keep being yourself!
                            Now there's a good boy.
                            IAFF

Comment

Hey Clem, read all of these post's:

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33044

Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 12-30-2010, 10:58 PM.
                              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...