No announcement yet.

Not sure where to post this... Thefirestore.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...looks like a good time to jump into the fray. Need to clear up a few things from TheFireStore perspective.

1) We made a mistake. The emails said "Order by X to get it by Christmas" but there was no disclaimer that said "on in stock items only". That was a mistake and one I don't think will happen again.

2) ColoradoDave has every right to be a bit upset. Ultimately we intended the "guarantee" to be on in stock items, but forgot the disclaimer. That being said, I hope our long history of quality service, products, and prices will keep him as a customer.

3) We understand how important in stock messaging is and how much everyone wants it. If you recall we launched a new site in September which had that functionality, but ultimately the issues that resulted from a horribly unsupportive vendor forced us to rollback to the old website. We are working on action plans to bring back stock messaging in the future.

4) The owner of TheFireStore does not post on their Facebook page, but it IS the owner's son, me, which isn't half bad if I do say so myself. There are already 66,500+ fans, and I respond to everyone that posts a question, needs help, or whatever else comes up. http://www.facebook.com/TheFireStore

5) Tracking numbers are emailed to customers the evening of their shipment from our location. The only items that don't get tracking numbers are products that drop ship from manufacturers. If you don't get your tracking number in an email a couple things may have happened: 1) check your spam folder 2) you may have misspelled your email when you placed your order 3) or the item drop shipped.

6) We try very hard to reach out to customers when we are in a back order situation...ESPECIALLY at Christmas, we know how important it is. If we made note that we tried to contact the customer, then we did, but it may not have been the right method for that customer ie email, cell phone, work phone, home phone, or whatever other method at our disposal. This is something we can and will work on.

7) Snowball - We don't take any money from any customer until the product ships, so your comment about how quick we are to charge their credit card simply isn't true. We authorize cards when orders are placed, that places a hold on the money, when the product ships, that authorization is captured and then and only then do we take "possession" of the money.

8) LVFD301 - We're good guys and gals here, no reason to dislike us. We try to do right by our customers and we get a whole lot more right then wrong.

9) I cannot dispute the issues that the 3 users have posted in this thread, sometimes we make mistakes. Being able to show stock messaging is ideal and is something we are trying to work towards. That being said we have many more happy customers/fans/friends that swear by us and it seems that we've seen a few of them in this thread as well. We appreciate our customers and try our best to do right by them.

ColoradoDave, please send me an email [email protected] and I'll be glad to look into your account and make sure we do right by you. Anyone else that would like to raise an issue, ask a question, say hello, feel free to drop a line as well.

Happy New Years guys...stay safe out there as you serve your communities.

Thanks,
    Jim

(also, don't hate on the user ID, I set it up a long long long time ago)

Comment

Originally posted by voiceinyourhead View Post
      Okay...looks like a good time to jump into the fray. Need to clear up a few things from TheFireStore perspective.

1) We made a mistake. The emails said "Order by X to get it by Christmas" but there was no disclaimer that said "on in stock items only". That was a mistake and one I don't think will happen again.

2) ColoradoDave has every right to be a bit upset. Ultimately we intended the "guarantee" to be on in stock items, but forgot the disclaimer. That being said, I hope our long history of quality service, products, and prices will keep him as a customer.

3) We understand how important in stock messaging is and how much everyone wants it. If you recall we launched a new site in September which had that functionality, but ultimately the issues that resulted from a horribly unsupportive vendor forced us to rollback to the old website. We are working on action plans to bring back stock messaging in the future.

4) The owner of TheFireStore does not post on their Facebook page, but it IS the owner's son, me, which isn't half bad if I do say so myself. There are already 66,500+ fans, and I respond to everyone that posts a question, needs help, or whatever else comes up. http://www.facebook.com/TheFireStore

5) Tracking numbers are emailed to customers the evening of their shipment from our location. The only items that don't get tracking numbers are products that drop ship from manufacturers. If you don't get your tracking number in an email a couple things may have happened: 1) check your spam folder 2) you may have misspelled your email when you placed your order 3) or the item drop shipped.

6) We try very hard to reach out to customers when we are in a back order situation...ESPECIALLY at Christmas, we know how important it is. If we made note that we tried to contact the customer, then we did, but it may not have been the right method for that customer ie email, cell phone, work phone, home phone, or whatever other method at our disposal. This is something we can and will work on.

7) Snowball - We don't take any money from any customer until the product ships, so your comment about how quick we are to charge their credit card simply isn't true. We authorize cards when orders are placed, that places a hold on the money, when the product ships, that authorization is captured and then and only then do we take "possession" of the money.

8) LVFD301 - We're good guys and gals here, no reason to dislike us. We try to do right by our customers and we get a whole lot more right then wrong.

9) I cannot dispute the issues that the 3 users have posted in this thread, sometimes we make mistakes. Being able to show stock messaging is ideal and is something we are trying to work towards. That being said we have many more happy customers/fans/friends that swear by us and it seems that we've seen a few of them in this thread as well. We appreciate our customers and try our best to do right by them.

ColoradoDave, please send me an email [email protected] and I'll be glad to look into your account and make sure we do right by you. Anyone else that would like to raise an issue, ask a question, say hello, feel free to drop a line as well.

Thanks,
      Jim

(also, don't hate on the user ID, I set it up a long long long time ago)
      Well isn't that a breath of fresh air! Thank's for clearing it up Jim.
      Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Comment

Way to stand up, Jim.
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I challenge any of you to find a comparative level of customer service from any other fire service company around. I doubt you'll be able to.
            Career Firefighter
            Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
            I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Never said i disliked you!

In fact, I will place an order tomorrow - just to try out your store. I need some christmas presents and never am on time.

Tell me something though - Your business is in PA, yet you have Tulsa as your location on your profile?

Any discount codes you want to share?

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                Never said i disliked you!

In fact, I will place an order tomorrow - just to try out your store. I need some christmas presents and never am on time.

Tell me something though - Your business is in PA, yet you have Tulsa as your location on your profile?

Any discount codes you want to share?
                I lived in Tulsa from 97-03 during and after college. My wife is from there. When I set up this account distributors weren't supposed to post in the forums, but I used it to help put out fires or clarify complaints if need be. Clearly from my 14 total posts I didn't use it often. You could say Tulsa was designed to be a bit of a misdirection trying not to be outed. Cats out of the bag now.

No discount codes right now but we are having our Inventory Blowout sale right now. Ends tomorrow at noon. http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca..._blowout_sale/

Also all outerwear is 10% off: http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca...ackets_fleece/

Thanks guys.

Jim

Comment

I lived in Tulsa from 97-03 during and after college. My wife is from there. When I set up this account distributors weren't supposed to post in the forums, but I used it to help put out fires or clarify complaints if need be. Clearly from my 14 total posts I didn't use it often. You could say Tulsa was designed to be a bit of a misdirection trying not to be outed. Cats out of the bag now.

No discount codes right now but we are having our Inventory Blowout sale right now. Ends tomorrow at noon. http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca..._blowout_sale/

Also all outerwear is 10% off: http://www.thefirestore.com/store/ca...ackets_fleece/

Thanks guys.

Jim
                  Order sent. Nothing that will cause an SEC filing, but a good trial. My firefighters will appreciate it.

And Tulsa was just curiosity, I have a nice warehouse down there if you decide to go back!

Comment

Good to hear from you Jim. If I was included in one of the three with issues, (wrong shirt) it has not changed my mind that it is still a good place to get firefighting stuff from. I actually got a gift certificate for there from the inlaws and spent that all plus a little extra shortly after. I have shopped there enough that 1 mistake shortly before Christmas was not that big a deal for me and it all worked out anyways as I gifted the wrong shirt and got the right one for my wife quickly after. Thanks for responding and good luck Dave.

Comment

Order sent. Nothing that will cause an SEC filing, but a good trial. My firefighters will appreciate it.

And Tulsa was just curiosity, I have a nice warehouse down there if you decide to go back!
                      I'll actually be in Tulsa on Saturday. I'm taking my wife and kids to see my wife's side of the family. I enjoyed my time in Oklahoma.

Comment

I'll actually be in Tulsa on Saturday. I'm taking my wife and kids to see my wife's side of the family. I enjoyed my time in Oklahoma.
                        Tulsa is a nice town, I don't get down there near as much as I would like. If you ever need a 30k square foot nuclear bunker for a warehouse, I can set you up near Glenpool.

Maybe I will be handing out late Christmas presents to my firefighters on Saturday!

Comment

Tulsa is a nice town, I don't get down there near as much as I would like. If you ever need a 30k square foot nuclear bunker for a warehouse, I can set you up near Glenpool.

Maybe I will be handing out late Christmas presents to my firefighters on Saturday!
                          We just finished a 30K sq ft addition to our existing warehouse, but if we ever need a mid-continent distribution center I'll keep that in mind.

Shoot me an email with your name or order number and I'll make sure it is there for Saturday. [email protected]

Comment

My first post on this thread was not to "beat up" the firestore. I will still purchase from them and find their prices to be better then the local options and actually beats fleabay on the items I have purchased.

I am excited to see that the firestore is working on a better inventory system and I can not wait to see it once the bugs are worked out!

Comment

Try The Fire Store...
                              Career Firefighter
                              Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                              I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by dickcai
                                Can someone suggest a few good companies to check out the following items. There are for residential, particularly for high rise building apartment homes.

1. Portable fire extinguisher: Use the portable ABC type dry powder fire extinguishers and place the device at easy accessible area. Avoid too much moisture that causes rust of the device.

2. Fire blanket: Fire blanket is made of fiber glass and other materials that are specially treated woven fabric. The blanket can be used to extinguish the cooking pan fire and isolate human body from fire at escape time.

3. Fire filter with self contained breathing apparatus:
                                It is used to protect body respiratory system that it does not breathe into fire poisonous gas. It consists of the protective hood, filter and mask components that can be used as self-rescue equipment under smoke fire environment.

4. Life-saving relief drop ladder: It is an escape device that people can climb down slowly from a high rise building during the emergency escape. It mainly has components of ropes, belts, safety hook, rope, reels and other parts. It can be reused.

5. Flashlight with sound and light alarm functions: Flashlight with alarm function using sound and strong light. The flashlight also has emergency call feature that can be used to during smoke evacuation under the dark lighting. The device can also provide loud audible sound to alert the requester location.

Sounds like scarecrow and all the other names he has used in the last month has yet began a new screen name.
                                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...