No announcement yet.

Not sure where to post this... Thefirestore.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 messages. 9 different people. 3 with issues with the company.

enough for me to use a different vendor.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
      Then you go to check out and this 'massive' company doesn't even have the system to let them/the buyer know that the items you pick are not in stock..
      This is my single biggest issue with them as well.

I have ordered from them dozens of times either personally or through the department and for the most part, have no complaints. The staff is very friendly and it's not hard to get a human on the phone. They have a huge selection and great prices as well. They also process orders very quickly. They are in PA, i am in Mass and if i place on order over the weekend it's typically on my doorstep by the middle of the week.

That being said, their inventory system BLOWS. Their is nothing on their website that will tell you if what you ordering is in stock. The only way to know is to call them and ask. But if your going to call and ask if something is in stock, it defeats the whole purpose of online ordering.

I have had numerous issues with this problem. Just recently i ordered two items online. I got a confirmation email saying "My order" was shipped. 4 days later my order arrives missing one of the two items. The invoice says "Backordered" and their is not even any mention of for how long. I called them up and asked why i was not notified the item was not in stock because had they done that, i would have substituted the item with another brand. Their response: "I don't know why you did'nt get a message saying it was backordered" I had another issue where i called before placing my order online to make sure the items were in stock. I was told they were. I placed the order and i get a package a few days later missing one of the items. I call to find out what the deal was and i was told that item was being drop shipped AND it had a 14 day lead time. When that happened i posted a thread on here to complain and one of the owners of the company called me since based on the item, he was able to figure out who i was. He appoligized and told me they would fix the issues soon. I was grateful and that is why i still use them. But it would be nice if they could make the effort and integrate inventory into the online ordering process.

As for the thread starters problem, i have one question, did you pay extra to have Guaranteed UPS shipping such as 2 Day Air? If not, you have no right to complain. It makes no difference if the Fire Store failed to ship your items before Christmas since their would be no guarantee you would have them by then anyhow. UPS ground has no guarantee of delivery time. It can take 10 days.

Comment

Would you like some cheese to go with YOUR WHINE ????

You don't like their service: problem solved, no longer deal with them! Find some other vendor to cry about.

Comment

I ordered a helmet and a custom shield for Christmas on Monday and both were at my house on Thursday. That's good service in my book.
          DFW

"There's no such thing as a free lunch."

Comment

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
            Would you like some cheese to go with YOUR WHINE ????

You don't like their service: problem solved, no longer deal with them! Find some other vendor to cry about.
            I don't mind the complaints being posted, it gives me an indication of what I should expect dealing with them if I chose to.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WD6956 View Post
                This is my single biggest issue with them as well.

I have ordered from them dozens of times either personally or through the department and for the most part, have no complaints. The staff is very friendly and it's not hard to get a human on the phone. They have a huge selection and great prices as well. They also process orders very quickly. They are in PA, i am in Mass and if i place on order over the weekend it's typically on my doorstep by the middle of the week.

That being said, their inventory system BLOWS. Their is nothing on their website that will tell you if what you ordering is in stock. The only way to know is to call them and ask. But if your going to call and ask if something is in stock, it defeats the whole purpose of online ordering.

I have had numerous issues with this problem. Just recently i ordered two items online. I got a confirmation email saying "My order" was shipped. 4 days later my order arrives missing one of the two items. The invoice says "Backordered" and their is not even any mention of for how long. I called them up and asked why i was not notified the item was not in stock because had they done that, i would have substituted the item with another brand. Their response: "I don't know why you did'nt get a message saying it was backordered" I had another issue where i called before placing my order online to make sure the items were in stock. I was told they were. I placed the order and i get a package a few days later missing one of the items. I call to find out what the deal was and i was told that item was being drop shipped AND it had a 14 day lead time. When that happened i posted a thread on here to complain and one of the owners of the company called me since based on the item, he was able to figure out who i was. He appoligized and told me they would fix the issues soon. I was grateful and that is why i still use them. But it would be nice if they could make the effort and integrate inventory into the online ordering process.

As for the thread starters problem, i have one question, did you pay extra to have Guaranteed UPS shipping such as 2 Day Air? If not, you have no right to complain. It makes no difference if the Fire Store failed to ship your items before Christmas since their would be no guarantee you would have them by then anyhow. UPS ground has no guarantee of delivery time. It can take 10 days.
                I have expirienced the same issues when it comes to items being backordered. They have some improving to do in that department.

However, as a whole I feel this company is one of the best to deal with when it comes to fire services equipment. You will not find anyone else who has thier selection and as many items in stock as they do.

My advice would be this. If you are a Facebook user, find them on there and "like" the page. You will get notified of special offers and sales early and it also offers you a direct line to the owner. I have posted questions there before and usually have a response from Jim Whitmer within a few hours.

OP- Call and ask to speak to the owner, or take the Facebook route. Obviously the issue wasn't shipping- it was that they didn't have the items in stock to ship. They could have handled it better no doubt. Give them a chance to make it right.
                Career Firefighter
                Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Maybe the owner could come on here, and explain how he is going to fix these issues. That would go a LONG way towards me trusting the company.

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post
                    Maybe the owner could come on here, and explain how he is going to fix these issues. That would go a LONG way towards me trusting the company.
                    I'll do my judging by my own experience. If I see something I want from there, I'll order it. If I get shafted, then **** on them. But I won't make judgements on them because of three people on here that have had issues, one of which had absolutely noo issues before making the mistake of ordering from them right before Christmas, even though they said it would be there before Christmas, that still doesn't guarantee it. I've had stuff from other places take longer than it said it would take to get to me before, some of it being my college books from my college book store, crap happens. Now, if it was a recurring problem, then yeah, I'd say there's a huge problem. But all the guys I know that have ordered stuff from the firestore have had minimal problems and it was taken care of quickly, though that was a while back. Like I said though, I'll judge from my own experiences when and if I order from them, not just based off of someone whom I don't know and their testimonial.

Comment

Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
                      I'll do my judging by my own experience. If I see something I want from there, I'll order it. If I get shafted, then **** on them. But I won't make judgements on them because of three people on here that have had issues, one of which had absolutely noo issues before making the mistake of ordering from them right before Christmas, even though they said it would be there before Christmas, that still doesn't guarantee it. I've had stuff from other places take longer than it said it would take to get to me before, some of it being my college books from my college book store, crap happens. Now, if it was a recurring problem, then yeah, I'd say there's a huge problem. But all the guys I know that have ordered stuff from the firestore have had minimal problems and it was taken care of quickly, though that was a while back. Like I said though, I'll judge from my own experiences when and if I order from them, not just based off of someone whom I don't know and their testimonial.
                      It is nice to hear testimonials from others though. While I agree if it is a one time issue it can be looked past, but if everybody hops on here and says they've had an issue with a specific company then I'm going to figure it's a systemic issue and look to do business else where. Not saying it is issue here, but I for one like to know how other people were treated by a company.

Comment

really? you're going to cry because it didn't come in when you wanted?

go sit in a firehouse thats low on funds and barely getting by and let them listen to you complain.

grow up.
                        ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

Originally posted by ljm View Post
                          It is nice to hear testimonials from others though. While I agree if it is a one time issue it can be looked past, but if everybody hops on here and says they've had an issue with a specific company then I'm going to figure it's a systemic issue and look to do business else where. Not saying it is issue here, but I for one like to know how other people were treated by a company.
                          I didn't say I wouldn't see it that way from the opinions of a bunch of people, but three people have complained, and one of those three had good service up until this one issue, so he comes on here to bitch about it. I guess his wife got tired of hearing about it.

Comment

Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
                            If multiple people are complaining then it's a recurring problem. It's really that simple. And, as far as the OPs complaints go, he seems justified if they are true. If they stated the items would be there then shame on them for not owning their end of the contract. I don't see any whining or bitching going on.
                            -Rob
                            Last edited by rpferry; 12-31-2010, 10:29 AM.
                            Greater love has no man than to lay his life down for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by tajm611 View Post
                              really? you're going to cry because it didn't come in when you wanted?

go sit in a firehouse thats low on funds and barely getting by and let them listen to you complain.

grow up.

Huh? What in the world does one have to do with the other.

What constitutes low on funds?

Comment

Originally posted by rpferry View Post
                                If multiple people are complaining then it's a recurring problem. It's really that simple. And, as far as the OPs complaints go, he seems justified if they are true. If they stated the items would be there then shame on them for not owning their end of the contract. I don't see any whining or bitching going on.
                                -Rob
                                Ok, so if 3 people from your whole town told you that the local, oh let's say, mexican resturaunt sucked, it was the only one, and you loved mexican food, would you just up and not eat there? Just because those three people out of the hundreds, or possibly thousands that eat there had a problem does that make it a recurring problem? The OP said himself that he had never had this problem with this company before, just this one time. My point was, that if I saw something from there I wouldn't just not order from them based on what three people on here posted because of a one sided discussion. We haven't heard thefirestore.com's side of the story. How do we know that this side of the story is completely accurate. My whole point was that a poster on here said that they wouldn't do business with this company unless the owner themselves got on here to explain the issue becase of what was posted on here. I was merely pointing out the flaw of making that judgment on a one sided story.

I've ordered things before and had it come later than when I was told it would be there, there were reasons for it, crap happens. oh well, the companies made good on it. If they didn't, I cancelled my order and ordered elsewhere, unless they were the only ones I could get said product from. I never stated that thefirestore.com was blameless, Ihaven't said that once. But, I don't know the whole story, therefore I won't judge as to whether or not I'll do business with them soley off the complaints of three posters, whom I don't know from Adam's housecat, on here. That was merely all I was trying to convey.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X