Not sure where to post this... Thefirestore.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure where to post this... Thefirestore.com

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM.

Sooooo, you're angry that you ordered something close to Christmas, didn't get it for Christmas, and they are a huge company that has never given you a problem before, but they overlooked the issue this time? Ok, guess you had to get it off your chest. Look, they're a huge retailer that does hundreds, if not thousands of transactions a day. I'm sure they didn't mean to overlook you but they did, or they may have called the wrong number and it didn't have a messaging service, who knows. If you don't like it, cancel your order and oder from somewhere else, otherwise, deal with it and wait on your stuff to get there.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

I suspect the size of the retailer may be a bit overstated.

However...

During Christmas any retailer should know that the on time statements are going to be taken as a guarantee, and any deviation from that should be well documented with communication.

Comment

**** happens. Oh noes!
          Logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

They screwed the pooch on an order I placed on Dec. 14th. Although it had nothing to due with Christmas I called a couple of days ago to get it straightened out. We still do not have the equipment that was in stock. Maybe a few more days.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
                they didn't handle it like I was hoping
                Does it occur to you that, just maybe, you have unrealistic expectations?

You waited until the last minute to order a Christmas gift online. It didn't show up through no fault of the vendor. Feces occurs.

Take a lesson from it: Waiting until the last minute -- even with a reliable vendor with a great track record -- is a gamble. You lost.

Let it go.
                "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                sigpic
                The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

I have not had much trouble with them, but I did make an order early in December for the wifes package (wife shirt and wife sticker) and when it arrived it had mom on it haha. I was about to send it back and get the correct one, then decided to send that to my mom anyways and reordered a new shirt for my wife. This was probably the week before Christmas and they got me the new shirt in a few days. Much smaller an issue than yours but maybe proof that they are busy and missed stuff here and there.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM.

Comment

How is it unrealistic?? They sent me a email saying that they could get it to me by a date they posted....
                      Yep. They didn't hesitate receiving your money from your credit card. They put up a guarantee that you would receive your order before Christmas and didn't follow through. You have every right to be angry, especially at the salesperson for not checking stock on your item.
                      IAFF

Comment

How is it unrealistic?? They sent me a email saying that they could get it to me by a date they posted....
                        And they made a mistake at the busiest time of the year. It's not a big surprise nor a big deal. Cope with it. (And remember next time not to wait until the last minute to buy Christmas gifts for your "pops," if he's the least bit important to you.)
                        sigpic

Comment

You should have order your stuff sooner, and I bet next year you will take steps to prevent this incident from occurring.

That being said, They should not make statements and or guarantees that if you order x,y,z before this date ________, you will receive your items by this date. Yes it is the busy time of the year for sales, but if you cannot provide the service don't tell people you can.

Unrealistic expectations?
                          Really? . . . . . . . .
                          It's kind of like LA and his fire dept., people think that they are real FF's (says it on the side of their trucks "Fire Dept.") and that they will enter their residence, attempt to make a search and put the fire out, but when they arrive they just stand around in the yard and surround and drown.

If you tell someone you are going to do something, then you do it. If you don't you are either a liar or a fool for making promises that you can not keep.
                          Stay Safe
                          Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                          - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
                          -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Order date aside, I do wish they would give you a tracking number and they had a system to see if the item is backordered.

I recently purchased a streamlight from them just the one item in the order and nothing notified me that the item was on backorder. This was not a gift or anything like that, simply just wanted it for myself to replace my old light which is dead. I started wondering 2 weeks later why I haven't received it yet and went online and checked every email I had from them and nothing stated tracking number or orderstatus. I did finally recieve the item 3 days later but it nearly took 3 weeks for this product.

I did put in a purchase with them Christmas eve, and I was sent an email 2 days ago stating the order was on its way. I hope thefirestore.com does advance its customer service here in the near future because we all have enjoyed the techincal advances since filling out a paper order sheet and mailing it away with a money order and seeing the product a month later.

Comment

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
                              If you tell someone you are going to do something, then you do it. If you don't you are either a liar or a fool for making promises that you can not keep.
                              Or you just made a simple mistake. We're not talking life and death here; we're talking an unexpectedly out-of-stock item ordered 5 days before Christmas.

Should they have been more careful about making a promise that they couldn't deliver? Sure. They claim they attempted to make contact the day after the order was placed. Who knows if they did or didn't but, if you rush ordered something and expected it by the 23rd, would you wait until the 28th to follow up on it?

Is this really worth whining about on a (inter)national fire forum?
                              sigpic

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X