• Show
Clear All

• Dickey
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    At least we agree on that.
    Yes, I agree with your disagreement.

*No disrespect to Lt. Kramer, who's original post was thought provoking and right on.
    Yes, I agree with this also!!

Sorry LT!! Will you agree to forgive me?

Leave a comment:

• FIREguy2011
    replied
    Originally posted by 11LK349F
    the though
    blue/white even though my department uses the red/white scheme

Leave a comment:

• tfpd109
    replied
    Originally posted by Dickey View Post
    I disagree with all of you,

don't you agree?
    You can only disagree with me if you agree with me...

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.
    At least we agree on that.

*No disrespect to Lt. Kramer, who's original post was thought provoking and right on.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    No, how dare you.
    I'm sorry, I don't agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied

don't you agree?
    No, how dare you.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied

don't you agree?

Leave a comment:

• FIREguy2011
    replied
    red has it's place in a ketchup bottle and spaghetti sauce.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    You folks are simply Too Thin Skinned. REAL Firetrucks are YELLOW! Admit it, and get on with life...........

Seriously, I agree that there is wayyyyyy too much bickering. I'm an Old Guy, and Danm proud of it. The often abused "Search Function" Comments are sometimes overdone, or slanted. If someone says "I tried" I'll take that at face value and try to help a bit, if it's something that I have knowledge of. My Pet Peeve, as some have noticed, is Lack of, if not deliberate misuse of, Common Skills in the use of the English Language. I particularly dislike "Textspeak".... There ought to be a law...... But, when all is said and done, I try to help where possible. If I find it necessary (in my opinion) I can chastize a bit,, but I try to stay out of those threads anyway........

Harve and others as well as myself go back on this forum for a long time. I remember as some of the 'older guys' when this was the site to go to get good information and exchange ideas.

In the last year or so, it has turned into the best biggest lights for my POV, my helmet is better than your, my boots can take anything where yours can't stand water.

Maybe it the way us old guys was taught in public or private schools and learn this job by doing it in the on the job training. Times were tough on the back step or side of a tda trailer, but we survive it, didn't 3itch too much, wore 3/4 boots, 36 inch length coats, use fireball gloves and yes a lot of us wore leather helmets or the plastic type the bullard or msa made.

The rookie of the company usually clean the toilet area of the fire house and better not complain.

I came on the job where the rookie of the company had 18 years on the job. He was the happiest man to see me come on board. He caught all the details out of the house.

Yellow has its place in the mustand jar!

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Originally posted by enginhouse2 View Post
    Just kidding ours are lime yellow.
    There's a reason some folks call it "slime yellow."

I kinda like the color Syracuse once painted their rigs - a nice cream.

Leave a comment:

• enginhouse2
    replied
    Oh, and by the way yes we can agree to disagree in a civil way. As long as I'm right.

Leave a comment:

• enginhouse2
    replied
    [QUOTE=hwoods;1233354]You folks are simply Too Thin Skinned. REAL Firetrucks are YELLOW! Admit it, and get on with life...........

I think firetrucks are beautiful in any color. But red is better! Here we go....

Just kidding ours are lime yellow.

Leave a comment:

• tfpd109
    replied
    Originally posted by hwoods View Post
    You folks are simply Too Thin Skinned. REAL Firetrucks are RED!
    I would have to agree with you on the color!

But I also agree about just staying out of the "drama" threads as I like to call them. I come here to learn and joke around, maybe share a little bit on the little I know. I'm not here to argue with anyone and so far I have done pretty good at that. I dont find it that hard.

Leave a comment:

• hwoods
    replied
    Well.............

You folks are simply Too Thin Skinned. REAL Firetrucks are YELLOW! Admit it, and get on with life...........

Seriously, I agree that there is wayyyyyy too much bickering. I'm an Old Guy, and Danm proud of it. The often abused "Search Function" Comments are sometimes overdone, or slanted. If someone says "I tried" I'll take that at face value and try to help a bit, if it's something that I have knowledge of. My Pet Peeve, as some have noticed, is Lack of, if not deliberate misuse of, Common Skills in the use of the English Language. I particularly dislike "Textspeak".... There ought to be a law...... But, when all is said and done, I try to help where possible. If I find it necessary (in my opinion) I can chastize a bit,, but I try to stay out of those threads anyway........

Leave a comment:

• Leeland
    replied
    Some day I hope to see civilized discussions on here, but till then I guess I'll enjoy the entertainment. Seriously though when somebody asks a question, just a simple answer should suffice and it shouldn't end up degrade in a name calling or bashing simply because somebody has a difference of opinion. Oh well I said my peace.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X