Blood money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood money

Brothers and Sisters. There is a company called Phoenix Graphics online that is already selling Chicago Fire Dept. "memorial" decals on e-bay. They are not authorized to bilk you the good hearted and good intentioned firefighter out of $4,25....NONE of which goes to anyone or anything except their own blood sucking opportunistic wallets. DON'T ENABLE THEM.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    Brothers and Sisters. There is a company called Phoenix Graphics online that is already selling Chicago Fire Dept. "memorial" decals on e-bay. They are not authorized to bilk you the good hearted and good intentioned firefighter out of $4,25....NONE of which goes to anyone or anything except their own blood sucking opportunistic wallets. DON'T ENABLE THEM.
    Thanks for the heads up MIKEY. It's repulsive that someone would see this tragedy and immediately come up with away to profit from it. I'm certain that any one of us who purchase memorial stickers and shirts want the monies to be used directly for the good of the Brother's families.

Comment

It does say in the description:

"All proceeds from the sale of these decals are being donated to the fallen firefighters families via Chigago Fire Dept."

Seeing as they have only been on sale for a day, how can you tell they will not be doing what they say? Because if they do follow through, then buying the decals will help the families. Although i prefer to just send a check right to the fund when it gets setup, but you know some people will like to buy stickers.

I guess only time will tell. But i am curious to know if Phoenix does follow through and send a check for all the profits. An easy way to tell is they do say "All Proceeds" will go to Chicago, so at the end of the auction, read how many they sold and it will not be too hard to figure it out.

Comment

http://www.affi-iaff.org/index.cfm?z...&HomeID=186815
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Local 2 and the AFFI (Associated Firefighters of Illinois ) are urging all persons NOT to buy these decals.
          IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

What do you want to bet they also do t-shirts?
            IAFF

Comment

This is really low. The only saving grace is that with todays lightning communication, they can be called out quickly.
              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

IMHO, none of the damn memorial stickers and tee shirts are worth buying. If you want to support fallen firefighters, donate directly to funds established for their families. Who needs a cheesy sticker or tee shirt? Donate the full amount and cut out the middle man. Put all of the money where it does some good; not just the money left over.
                Last edited by DeputyMarshal; 12-24-2010, 05:47 AM. Reason: typo
                "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                sigpic
                The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                  IMHO, none of the damn memorial stickers and tee shirts are worth buying. If you want to support fallen firefighters, donate directly to funds estanblished for their families. Who needs a cheesy sticker or tee shirt? Donate the full amount and cut out the middle man. Put all of the money where it does some good; not just the money left over.
                  On the flip side though, if it wasn't for t-shirts and decals that firefighters wear and put on their helmets and cars then how many more Americans would forget things like 9/11, Worcester, Chicago 12/22/10, etc.? If it weren't for t-shirts and decals those events would be all but forgotten, I mean comeon, look at how many people have forgotten about 9/11 already. I have people ask me about my Worcester 6 patch on my duty shirt all the time. Nothing wrong keeping the memory of our brothers alive, it's just that there is a time and a place for it and also a correct way of doing it. And if these folks are pocketing proceeds from it, then they'll have their day of judgement. Just be sure to buy from reputable folks. Right now, selling all of this stuff is really inappropriate, as mikey said. When Chicago verifies vendors, use them. But by all means, keep the memory alive.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                    IMHO, none of the damn memorial stickers and tee shirts are worth buying. If you want to support fallen firefighters, donate directly to funds estanblished for their families. Who needs a cheesy sticker or tee shirt? Donate the full amount and cut out the middle man. Put all of the money where it does some good; not just the money left over.
                    You are entitled to your opinion... I do know that proceeds of the W6 T-shirts and stickers went to the fund for the families. The proceeds from the sales Vendome Memorial shirts went to maintaining that memorial, and I have a Buffalo's Bravest and Charleston 9 "Band of Brothers"shirts. Those were sold by the Buffalo and Charleston firefighters.
                    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

On a slightly related note:
                      Another website, fire fighter nation dot com; had a video/audio recording of the Mayday given in Chicago posted not even 5 hours after the event!
                      I posted on there that it should be removed. Went back to the website today and that comment was removed yet the video remains?!

The video was posted by their own FFN Webteam and I even sent a PM to them urging the removal. Way too soon and completely inappropriate.

Totally disgusted.
                      Last edited by ffbam24; 12-24-2010, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I am not against memorial, shirts, stickers etc. This company is selling stuff that was not autorized by any family, fire department or union local. This is not for them to sell.
                        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

I understand what your saying Mikey, but lets not go overboard. The company is donating ALL funds to the CFD. http://www.phoenixgraphicsonline.com...ndex&cPath=313 Your Union may not like it, because someone beat them to it. But there is nothing wrong with a company making a memorial sticker, and donating all the proceeds voluntarily to CFD.

Out of curiosity, how many 9-11 products were authorized by FDNY, its Union, or the families. Probably not many. How many donated all the proceeds to the 9-11 fund??? A few, but not all of them. It is Blood Money when you make a profit off someone elses misfortune.

Don't get me wrong either. I do agree it is very inappropriate to make them available as fast as they did. They should have waited until the burial ceremonies were done. If, even then.

FM1
                          I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                          "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I'm not going to be disagreeable with you Mech, but you are way out of line thinking the union is somehow upset that someone "beat" them to it. It is called having a little respect and finding out what the wishes of the families are AND putting up some sort of guarantee that what they say is true.....the sticker is $1.99 on there site and $4.25 on e-bay. So I am dubious about it. Merry Christmas. Hold your loved ones tight.
                            IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

my 2 cents --if the family or the Fire Company did not start it DON'T BUY IT. 9/11 to many skells made money off my DEAD BROTHERS.

DON'T BUY IT
                              ALL GAVE SOME BUT SOME GAVE ALL
                              NEVER FORGET 9-11-01
                              CAPT. Frank Callahan Ladder 35 *
                              LT. John Ginley Engine 40
                              FF. Bruce Gary Engine 40
                              FF. Jimmy Giberson Ladder 35
                              FF. Michael Otten Ladder 35 *
                              FF. Steve Mercado Engine 40 *
                              FF. Kevin Bracken Engine 40 *
                              FF. Vincent Morello Ladder 35
                              FF. Michael Roberts Ladder 35 *