Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam the Eighties Dude
    replied
    Are there any Off Topic folders for an anything goes group of posts?

Leave a comment:

• rpferry
    replied
    Originally posted by bradenframe View Post
    I'm new...and I totally agree.

I kinda wish they would, like some other forums that I'm on, limit how many posts people can make in a day, especially when they're new.

Such as:
    No new threads until you've replied 20 times.
    No more than 3 replies per 24 hours for the first 30 days.
    and so on...

Seems like that might keep the hoopla/nonsense down?

Just a thought...

-B Frame
    Texas
    Back in the day, that's pretty close to how things worked. Anyone starting a new thread had that thread looked at by the WT and, if deemed acceptable, it was published. It seems that after the new WT crew took over, any dickhole with some free time could post threads galore. The post limit per day sounds good in theory but I can see that getting bad quick. A lot of users view and post in different threads throughout the day and a limit on what is said by members could get irritating. It is nice that the word dick gets through though. I forsee a lot of dick related jokes coming out of this find.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by Weruj1 View Post
    can ya say dick loft ?
    Apparently,hehe T.C.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Looks like we're ALL screwed! T.C.
    Probably so, Chief.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    Originally posted by Weruj1 View Post
    can ya say dick loft ?
    guess you can............... HUH?

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    can ya say dick loft ?

Leave a comment:

• firefightinirish217
    replied
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    No need to be a dick about it.
    HAHA, see, snowball gets it.

Leave a comment:

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    Absolutely. I was so ****ed off I didn't even comment in the thread. It's almost not even worth looking at anymore.
    Ditto here... that was a pathetic display.

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
    Yeah, it's rediculous, if I want to say dou che it blocks it out, but I can type damned and it shows it. WTF over?
    No need to be a dick about it.

Leave a comment:

• firefightinirish217
    replied
    Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    That's something else! The word police on firehouse won't even let you say c o c kloft when talking about forms of building construction. The whole thing from the top to the bottom is pretty pitiful.
    Yeah, it's rediculous, if I want to say dou che it blocks it out, but I can type damned and it shows it. WTF over?

Leave a comment:

• bradenframe
    replied
    Limits...

I'm new...and I totally agree.

I kinda wish they would, like some other forums that I'm on, limit how many posts people can make in a day, especially when they're new.

Such as:
    No new threads until you've replied 20 times.
    No more than 3 replies per 24 hours for the first 30 days.
    and so on...

Seems like that might keep the hoopla/nonsense down?

Just a thought...

-B Frame
    Texas

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    That's something else! The word police on firehouse won't even let you say c o c kloft when talking about forms of building construction. The whole thing from the top to the bottom is pretty pitiful.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    replied
    Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
    I took one look at the CFD thread and I am reminded why this site has gone way south.
    Absolutely. I was so ****ed off I didn't even comment in the thread. It's almost not even worth looking at anymore.

Leave a comment:

• tree68
    replied
    Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
    yup...unfortunately it isnt just this site.
    Every forum I've ever been on goes through the same ups and downs. People come and go, a few folks stick around. Unfortunately, some of the long-term members sometimes lose sight of the fact that there really are some newbies who don't know and ask valid questions. The cooler heads usually prevail and provide some guidance, and often even a link to a recent (or long-forgotten) thread or two on the topic. The intolerant rant on about how stupid the poster is.

Many, many moons ago I joined an Internet "use group" on fire and EMS (remember those - totally text based?). In the process of reading through a really old thread I jumped into the middle of a long-settled thread with my over-enthusiastic opinion. A brief dressing-down by one member straightened me out - but said dressing-down didn't go on for pages and pages, with comments questioning my lineage, etc.

A sub-group about fire and EMS on a local board I moderate sometimes goes for days without a single post - until something comes up that generates a lot of discussion. Then things get quiet again for a while.

I would submit that the comments about the how and why of today's Chicago incident are not inappropriate - I'm sure that such a thread would have (or will) show up here down the road, which is good, because we need to know and understand what went wrong so we don't end up in the same situation. It's their timing that sucks.

And, again, please don't feed the trolls.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Looks like we're ALL screwed! T.C.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse