Is it just me, or....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by islandfire03 View Post
    What you don't have a road kill MOOSE to chew on ????

Whats going on with all the workers in the last week in the area?
    Just BEFORE Christmas annual tradition. Mine was EASY,little hosework,pick up the portable pump and go home.We did Moose/Deer stew Sunday for Shift lunch. Bring on the Black Angus! T.C.

Comment

I took one look at the CFD thread and I am reminded why this site has gone way south.
      IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Originally posted by MIKEYLIKESIT View Post
        I took one look at the CFD thread and I am reminded why this site has gone way south.
        +1, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
          Psst! Gonz,it IS just YOU. Merry Christmas! T.C.
          Thanks... Merry Christmas to you, too.
          ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
          Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

yup...unfortunately it isnt just this site.
            Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Comment

Well why doesn't someone make a thread titled:
              READ THIS BEFORE POSTING OR REGISTERING?
              that would save some insults for everyone (except LaFireEducator)
              Benton Fire District Four
              Ladder One
              First Due!

Caddo Parish Fire District 1
              Career Firefighter/Paramedic

When things get rough, just say:
              Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREguy2011 View Post

It is right here;

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/anno...php?f=286&a=37
                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Confused

Deputy Chief and CaptOldTimer have hit pay dirt. I usually sit back and let those in the know answer the questions that come up and jump in when there needs to be something added. I to have seen the decline of the quality of posts and it does come down to basic common sense. Read the directions and follow them. Your laziness shows when you just jump on and ask a question that has been beat to death and answered many time. Please take the time to look at how to search and then if that doesn't answer your question then by all means take your life in your hands and ask that stupid question.

p.s. I guess there is no stupid question....how about a redundant question.
                  Respectfully,
                  Jay Dudley
                  Retired Fire
                  Background Investigator
                  IACOJ-Member
                  Lifetime Member CSFA
                  IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Originally posted by FIREguy2011 View Post
                    Hey NEW GUY! To tha BACK of the Bus,until you get into the swing of things. T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
                      Looks like we're ALL screwed! T.C.

Comment

Originally posted by nyckftbl View Post
                        yup...unfortunately it isnt just this site.
                        Every forum I've ever been on goes through the same ups and downs. People come and go, a few folks stick around. Unfortunately, some of the long-term members sometimes lose sight of the fact that there really are some newbies who don't know and ask valid questions. The cooler heads usually prevail and provide some guidance, and often even a link to a recent (or long-forgotten) thread or two on the topic. The intolerant rant on about how stupid the poster is.

Many, many moons ago I joined an Internet "use group" on fire and EMS (remember those - totally text based?). In the process of reading through a really old thread I jumped into the middle of a long-settled thread with my over-enthusiastic opinion. A brief dressing-down by one member straightened me out - but said dressing-down didn't go on for pages and pages, with comments questioning my lineage, etc.

A sub-group about fire and EMS on a local board I moderate sometimes goes for days without a single post - until something comes up that generates a lot of discussion. Then things get quiet again for a while.

I would submit that the comments about the how and why of today's Chicago incident are not inappropriate - I'm sure that such a thread would have (or will) show up here down the road, which is good, because we need to know and understand what went wrong so we don't end up in the same situation. It's their timing that sucks.

And, again, please don't feed the trolls.
                        Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Comment

Absolutely. I was so ****ed off I didn't even comment in the thread. It's almost not even worth looking at anymore.
                          RK
                          cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

That's something else! The word police on firehouse won't even let you say c o c kloft when talking about forms of building construction. The whole thing from the top to the bottom is pretty pitiful.
                            RK
                            cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Comment

Limits...

I'm new...and I totally agree.

I kinda wish they would, like some other forums that I'm on, limit how many posts people can make in a day, especially when they're new.

Such as:
                              No new threads until you've replied 20 times.
                              No more than 3 replies per 24 hours for the first 30 days.
                              and so on...

Seems like that might keep the hoopla/nonsense down?

Just a thought...

-B Frame
                              Texas

Comment

Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
                                That's something else! The word police on firehouse won't even let you say c o c kloft when talking about forms of building construction. The whole thing from the top to the bottom is pretty pitiful.
                                Yeah, it's rediculous, if I want to say dou che it blocks it out, but I can type damned and it shows it. WTF over?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X