Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it just me, or....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it just me, or....

    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a dramatic drop in the quality of the posts and the intelligence level of some of the posters here on the forums?
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

  • #2
    well as i search the forums i have found the answer to all my questions....their are alot of good topics on here that cover just about everything. I guess everyone has just ran out of good questions lol
    Fire scenes: A well organized cluster F......
    These are my veiws and opinions.....Im just saying

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
      Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a dramatic drop in the quality of the posts and the intelligence level of some of the posters here on the forums?
      Well Gonz, I noticed too. I've been mostly lurking recently and when I was looking around today I did not see many peaceful discussions...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Chewy911 View Post
        well as i search the forums i have found the answer to all my questions....their are alot of good topics on here that cover just about everything. I guess everyone has just ran out of good questions lol
        That may be truer than not.

        My two cents - it doesn't help any when someone (generally a newbie) asks a valid question and gets a "well, dumba**, if you'd use the search function, you'd find out we've discussed this before" reply.

        Trolls are a different matter, but we seem to forget that if we don't feed the trolls, they won't stick around. The more outrage we express at their troll-like behavior, the more we feed them.
        Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

        Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tree68 View Post
          That may be truer than not.

          My two cents - it doesn't help any when someone (generally a newbie) asks a valid question and gets a "well, dumba**, if you'd use the search function, you'd find out we've discussed this before" reply.

          Trolls are a different matter, but we seem to forget that if we don't feed the trolls, they won't stick around. The more outrage we express at their troll-like behavior, the more we feed them.
          It didnt take me long to learn how to use the search function....I can honestly say I truley got all my questions answered. now i just browse and learn
          Fire scenes: A well organized cluster F......
          These are my veiws and opinions.....Im just saying

          Comment


          • #6
            It's not just you chief, I think we have a new pairof trolls. Tree your right too, but I guess after soo many threads that beat the same thing to death I kinda get a short temper. I know what you mean and we all could work with the FNG a little bit better
            Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

            Comment


            • #7
              It is amazing that probably 80% of us know which two are the trolls....

              Yet, they don't think they are.

              Very telling.
              I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

              "The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

              "When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed a dramatic drop in the quality of the posts
                Sorry, Chief, that's because I really haven't posted in a while...












































                Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                and the intelligence level of some of the posters here on the forums?
                Or is it, that's WHY I haven't really posted in a while???
                Opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Philadelphia Fire Department and/or IAFF Local 22.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think the main issue is that we have a lot of older and more respected members allowing themselves to get caught up in arguing with people who are here just to get a rise out of everyone. Ignore them, and they will go away.

                  I would laugh if it weren't so sad.
                  Career Firefighter
                  Volunteer Captain

                  -Professional in Either Role-

                  Originally posted by Rescue101
                  I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I guess I haven't helped much with the whole decorations discussion going on right now. But on the same token, I'll be double damned if I'll stand by while a poster on here belittle's a religion. Not just Christianity, but any religion. Like I said,I apologize, Ijust felt it had to be dealt with. And yes, I know exactly the two that you guys are talking about.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mrpita View Post
                      Sorry, Chief, that's because I really haven't posted in a while...







































                      Or is it, that's WHY I haven't really posted in a while???
                      Yeah,what's UP with THAT? T.C.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He's being what his screen name is somewhere else...
                        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                          He's being what his screen name is somewhere else...
                          Psst! Gonz,it IS just YOU. Merry Christmas! T.C.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by GTRider245 View Post
                            I think the main issue is that we have a lot of older and more respected members allowing themselves to get caught up in arguing with people who are here just to get a rise out of everyone. Ignore them, and they will go away.

                            I would laugh if it weren't so sad.
                            Nah,I just need some fresh meat to "chew". The FROZEN stuff gets old after awhile,hehe T.C.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
                              Nah,I just need some fresh meat to "chew". The FROZEN stuff gets old after awhile,hehe T.C.
                              What you don't have a road kill MOOSE to chew on ????

                              Whats going on with all the workers in the last week in the area?

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X