Smoothbore or fog nozzle...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KuhShise View Post
    FyredUp: I like the set-up you just described. Start the pump pressure at 100 psi, under pumping the tip (7/8" equivalent) at 160 gpm. Boost it to 150 psi engine pressure for the standard 75 psi nozzle at 200 gpm, If you need more, remove the tip and use the 1 1/4" slug supplied with a pump pressure of 190 to 200 psi, and deliver the 300 gpm. Even at 300 gpm the reaction force will only be 91 lbs. I like the thought process. NICE!

Totally unrelated question:

What size threads are on that 1.25" slug tip? are they 1.5" or 2.5"? I could be wrong, but it seems to me that with 1.5" couplings, that tip would be kinda flimsy- with walls of >1/8"... On the other hand, 2.5" would require an adaptor to do a break and extend. I love the idea, it's simple AND versatile- just trying to get my head around the details.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nozzle nut 22 View Post
      Totally unrelated question:

What size threads are on that 1.25" slug tip? are they 1.5" or 2.5"? I could be wrong, but it seems to me that with 1.5" couplings, that tip would be kinda flimsy- with walls of >1/8"... On the other hand, 2.5" would require an adaptor to do a break and extend. I love the idea, it's simple AND versatile- just trying to get my head around the details.

Since that is the nozzle set-up from my FD let me answer your question. It is not flimsy in the least and after 10 years we have not damaged or broken one of those tips.

By the way, the 1 1/2 inches is the interior diameter of the water way on a 1 1/2 inch coupling. So if you look at our 1 1/4 inch slug tip the walls of the tip are roughly 1/4 inch thick.
      Crazy, but that's how it goes
      Millions of people living as foes
      Maybe it's not too late
      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

• Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
        Next video is how to replace the lens in your mask!
        That one is will be very short... give the facepice to your FD's qualified SCBA repair tech!
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

• Speaking for all of my knuckle dragging SAR guys... " Whats a Nozzle?"
          Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

• Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
            Since that is the nozzle set-up from my FD let me answer your question. It is not flimsy in the least and after 10 years we have not damaged or broken one of those tips.

By the way, the 1 1/2 inches is the interior diameter of the water way on a 1 1/2 inch coupling. So if you look at our 1 1/4 inch slug tip the walls of the tip are roughly 1/4 inch thick.
            Great, that's what I was hoping- sounds much beefier than I had pictured.

I should have quoted your post anyway, as yours was the set up I was asking about...

Comment

• Originally posted by IronValor View Post
              Speaking for all of my knuckle dragging SAR guys... " Whats a Nozzle?"
              The thing you trip over when the engine guys get scared...
              ‎"I was always taught..." Four words impacting fire service education in the most negative of ways. -Bill Carey

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X