Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody have problems with lights and the bucket??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DennisTheMenace
    replied
    Saw a Truck with the front light bar attached to the front of the bucket recently, forget where. Kind of late in the process for that solution though.

Leave a comment:

• Firehouse_Chick
    replied
    Originally posted by johnny46 View Post
    My neighbor had a time garbage truck. He used to travel to the future and dump his garbage in In the Chinese Commonwealth of America, whatever that is.

LOL! that is funny in so many ways, especially if the present predicts the future (or lack of).

You and snowball are awesome. Like click and clack, mike and ike, or Mark Mcguire and Jose Canseco.

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    You've been there?
    Vicariously.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Originally posted by bgfdtower1 View Post
    Absolutely, bro, and again a useful response, thanks!
    You're welcome, bro.

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    Was there a landfill erected right next to the statue of Sarah Palin in a bikini?
    You've been there?

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    My neighbor had a time garbage truck. He used to travel to the future and dump his garbage in In the Chinese Commonwealth of America, whatever that is.
    Was there a landfill erected right next to the statue of Sarah Palin in a bikini?

Leave a comment:

• bgfdtower1
    replied
    Really clogs up the tubes of the internet and I'm sure it took you several minutes to read his response. This valuable time could have been spent taping stuff to your truck or designing a new flaming skull/maltese cross/ I save hot chicks tattoo, amirite?
    Nope, you're wrong, and again a useless response, but thanks anyway!

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    Originally posted by snowball View Post
    ...time garbage truck ...

Leave a comment:

• johnny46
    replied
    That was an absolute waste of a response! Thank you for wasting my time!!
    Really clogs up the tubes of the internet and I'm sure it took you several minutes to read his response. This valuable time could have been spent taping stuff to your truck or designing a new flaming skull/maltese cross/ I save hot chicks tattoo, amirite?

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    replied
    We recently just took delivery of a 2010 Pierce 100' rear mount tower ladder. Our other tower ladder is mid-mount, so we havent had this problem yet. At night, between the red led's on the roof, and the white bucket sticking out in front of the truck, makes for miserable driving. Anybody have any solutions to this problem?? Only thing we could figure out is we disconnected the middle and inner portions of the mini bars on the roof, so as we're still getting light off to the side. We also put some of that black, sticky sandpaper looking stuff on the bottom of the bucket and that seemed to help some. Just curious if anyone else has any solutions to the problem. Thanks guys and stay safe out there!
    Found same problem with our rear mount aerial. Did same thing...disconnected some of the light bar.

Leave a comment:

• bgfdtower1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Easy solution; you got the WRONG Truck. Midmount and you don't hafta look at a bucket. Sorry, I just HAD to. Hehe T.C.
    Originally posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Same thing we did on our newest rear-mount tower. Helped some, but next time, we'll just put the bars facing to the side since you can't see them anyway (we're running a total of six 600 series LEDS on the front of the bucket to make up for the lack of lightbars).
    Same idea as we have. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• snowball
    replied
    We have rearmount platforms as well. I just pretend I'm a big time garbage truck driver hauling a 6 yard dumpster around town.

Perhaps lights mounted more under the windshield will help your glare problem.

Leave a comment:

• BoxAlarm187
    replied
    We also put some of that black, sticky sandpaper looking stuff on the bottom of the bucket and that seemed to help some.
    Same thing we did on our newest rear-mount tower. Helped some, but next time, we'll just put the bars facing to the side since you can't see them anyway (we're running a total of six 600 series LEDS on the front of the bucket to make up for the lack of lightbars).

Leave a comment:

• bgfdtower1
    replied
    Originally posted by Rescue101 View Post
    Easy solution; you got the WRONG Truck. Midmount and you don't hafta look at a bucket. Sorry, I just HAD to. Hehe T.C.
    I agree, I like driving the midmount better! Unfortunatley, I wasn't on the truck committee and this was a demo truck that they just couldn't pass up. There are still plenty of warning lights off the front of the truck. In all honesty, we were the only ones to see these particular ones!

Leave a comment:

• bgfdtower1
    replied
    Originally posted by BKDRAFT View Post
    Are you serious, wow.
    That was an absolute waste of a response! Thank you for wasting my time!!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X