Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Affordable Fog Nozzles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Low budget? In addition to the brands already mentioned by one of the only relevant posts in this whole thread, look into AWG and Viper. We have a few Vipers and Crestars on the volly department. They are without a doubt low budget but at least they aren't plastic. They are being phased out and replaced with Elkhart Chiefs. Like Fyred, this is my current choice of nozzle. But you are going to pay for them if you want them.

    EDIT: the Crestars are all metal. The Vipers have plastic bales.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

    -Professional in Either Role-

    Originally posted by Rescue101
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

    Comment


    • #17
      Wow didn't expect this many responses this fast. I didn't mean for this to turn into a fog vs. smooth bore discussion. The volly department I am getting nozzles for already has smooth bore nozzles, and your right they are cheaper and effective. This department is located in the North West corner of Alabama...for the guy that asked. I am a beliver in both types of nozzles depending on your task at hand, but your fog nozzle is your bread and butter nozzle any day. Thanks for the few helpful posts. Let the battle continue...

      Comment


      • #18
        I do not volunteer with this volly department. I am their grant writer and I am specing out a new truck with them, for them, how ever you want to say it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by pvfd27 View Post
          FWD is this you??
          Dammit. You figured me out. Foiled again.
          "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by blazergnik View Post
            I do not volunteer with this volly department. I am their grant writer and I am specing out a new truck with them, for them, how ever you want to say it.
            Just don't make the mistake of low price being low quality. The joy of the money saved is long forgotten when the cheap junk doesn't work when you need it to.

            If you are writing the grant for them NOW is the time to spec QUALITY not price based equipment. They will never get those nozzles and other equipment for less money than with the grant. Open their eyes to that reality.
            Crazy, but that's how it goes
            Millions of people living as foes
            Maybe it's not too late
            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
              Just don't make the mistake of low price being low quality. The joy of the money saved is long forgotten when the cheap junk doesn't work when you need it to.

              If you are writing the grant for them NOW is the time to spec QUALITY not price based equipment. They will never get those nozzles and other equipment for less money than with the grant. Open their eyes to that reality.
              Well said. I was going to post the same thoughts but you beat me to it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
                Marshall, how does a fog "ever" help you in "interior" fire attack? Turn right for subpar penetration, turn left for lobster.

                And how much time do you have on a hose line running a nozzle in fire attack? Burn tower time? Actual incident repsonse time? Oh that's right you are a 15 year old wannabe explorer.

                I will put my low pressure combination nozzle on straight stream up against a smooth bore of the same flow anytime you want to. The streams are virtually identical. Much different than the stream of a 100 psi nozzle. But then again with zero real world experience and only you tube videoss as your guide there is no way for you to know that.


                The straight stream provided from the fog has more "air" than the smoothbore. You say more experience means you can make decisions when fogs are better? Water mixed with air is counter productive. Fogging or widening the patter, aka breaking away from a solid stream, goes against fighting the fire and understanding fire behavior, which I'm sure you know, as a Marshall. Why not put it out faster with a more effective stream? You don't need fog inside a building "while" attacking the fire. You'll be much more comfortable in the building by producing less steam, and most importantly put the fire out faster.

                Again on straight stream their is virtually no difference at all between a low pressure combination nozzle and a smoothbore. So there is no entrained air in the straight stream pattern.

                Actually there are times when using a narrow fog to cool the overhead gases can be beneficial and help slow or stop a flashover. For regular fire attack a fog pattern would not be my choice. But it does have its uses.

                Again, do regale us with the stories of YOUR personal experience regarding fire attack. Please, oh please, tell us about the many times you have been on the nozzle and initiated fire attack. Not in the tower with your explorer group, if you are even allowed to be near live fire as an explorer, but actually crawling down a smoke darkened, black, heated hallway, with flames blowing out an apartment door, or into a house to fight a room fire. Please do share the immenseness of your experience with us.



                Marshall, I'm curious, are you a Marshal?. How long have you been off the line? If you're volunteer, where is it? I like to look at the experience of the commenter's here, it helps to determine what opinions I form.

                I would think you would be interested in knowing the vast real world experience of the posters here since you have NONE, but try to sound like you know all about firefighting.
                Thanks
                Seriously, and I mean this from the heart, you would be much better served asking questions so you could learn instead of posting opinions on topics of which you have no real world knowledge and experience. you would be greeted far more warmly and actually be taken seriously that way. the way you post now is not condusive to a real learning experience and only makes you look like a petulant child to the real firefighters here.
                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                Millions of people living as foes
                Maybe it's not too late
                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                  Seriously, and I mean this from the heart, you would be much better served asking questions so you could learn instead of posting opinions on topics of which you have no real world knowledge and experience. you would be greeted far more warmly and actually be taken seriously that way. the way you post now is not condusive to a real learning experience and only makes you look like a petulant child to the real firefighters here.
                  I have no experience or want to portray that I do, I've learned what I know from listening to my brother, he's taught me a lot about his job. I'll put that all on the back burner, while here. I understand what you've said and have taken it to heart.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
                    I have no experience or want to portray that I do, I've learned what I know from listening to my brother, he's taught me a lot about his job. I'll put that all on the back burner, while here. I understand what you've said and have taken it to heart.
                    I hope you do take it to heart because I meant every word.

                    The fact that your Brother is a firefighter doesn't automatically transfer what he knows to you and for darn sure doesn't transfer his experience at actually doing the job. This site, and the many experienced firefighters here, don't have a problem with explorers, juniors, or just plain newbies coming here and asking questions to try and learn about this amazing job. the problem comes in when those same people come in and pot stir, insult, and act like they have 20 years on the job.

                    Can I give you one last piece of advice? It is fine to be a fan of the FDNY, in fact it is fine to be a huge fan of the FDNY, but it is not okay to come in here and have to insult other FD's simply because they are not the FDNY. You instantly lose credibility when you do that.
                    Crazy, but that's how it goes
                    Millions of people living as foes
                    Maybe it's not too late
                    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post

                      Marshall, I'm curious, are you a Marshal?. How long have you been off the line? If you're volunteer, where is it? I like to look at the experience of the commenter's here, it helps to determine what opinions I form.

                      Thanks
                      That is his first and last name: Deputy Marshall, his partents did not like him much, but is was better than Pajama or Sheathead.
                      ~Drew
                      Firefighter/EMT/Technical Rescue
                      USAR TF Rescue Specialist

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by FiremanLyman View Post
                        That is his first and last name: Deputy Marshall, his partents did not like him much, but is was better than Pajama or Sheathead.
                        Damn it man. Now that is just plain hysterical. Time to wipe down the screen again.
                        Crazy, but that's how it goes
                        Millions of people living as foes
                        Maybe it's not too late
                        To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by FiremanLyman View Post
                          That is his first and last name: Deputy Marshall, his partents did not like him much, but is was better than Pajama or Sheathead.
                          Hahahahahahahaha

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by FiremanLyman View Post
                            That is his first and last name: Deputy Marshall, his partents did not like him much, but is was better than Pajama or Sheathead.
                            HA!! Learned from past experience to wrap the keyboard in plastic wrap!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
                              Seriously, and I mean this from the heart, you would be much better served asking questions so you could learn instead of posting opinions on topics of which you have no real world knowledge and experience. you would be greeted far more warmly and actually be taken seriously that way. the way you post now is not condusive to a real learning experience and only makes you look like a petulant child to the real firefighters here.
                              Well said, You beat me to it.

                              To the op, Fog is not bad in fact it can be very useful but it can also be dangerous if used in the wrong way.

                              Nothing wrong with a smoothbore either.
                              Get the first line into operation.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by blazergnik View Post
                                I am looking for 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" fog nozzles that are affordable and durable. I am buying them for a VFD with a VERY limited budget. Who knows some?
                                Check with you local fire equipment dealer, Akron or Elhardt is the best out there.

                                Forget all those others.
                                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

                                Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X