Affordable Fog Nozzles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Fog Nozzles

I am looking for 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" fog nozzles that are affordable and durable. I am buying them for a VFD with a VERY limited budget. Who knows some?

Get a real nozzle, fog nozzle's are for commie-homos.

Low pressure fog's are homo, but high pressure fog's are flamingly homo to the 10th degree.

Save the fogs for trash fires, car fires, ect...
    Last edited by Firehouse_Chick; 12-17-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Firehouse_Chick; 12-17-2010, 10:44 PM. Reason: double post, forgive me my babies ;)

Comment

Originally posted by blazergnik View Post
        I am looking for 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" fog nozzles that are affordable and durable. I am buying them for a VFD with a VERY limited budget. Who knows some?
        Smooth bores are better nozzles for interior firefighting and cheaper, too.
        "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Red head - or Crestar
          ?

Comment

And.........

Can I ask what State you're in??....... Thanks.
            Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
            In memory of
            Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
            Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Comment

Buy a single gallonage combo nozzle they are cheaper and less complicated than automatics. My advice is to also buy low pressure. I prefer the 75 psi models but you can get combo nozzles in 50 psi too.

I am an Elkhart Chief fan. They are tough, durable and reliable. The best bet is to get them with a removable combo tip and a slug tip. For the 1 1/2 inch hose get the slug tip as a 7/8 and get the combo tip to flow 150 gpm at 50 psi. The same Engine presure wioll work for both tips. For the 2 1/2 inxch hose get the 250 at 50 combo tip with a 1 1/8 inch slug tip again you could run the same engine pressure. The flow of the slug will be down a bit from the 263 it should flow but it will be alright.
              Crazy, but that's how it goes
              Millions of people living as foes
              Maybe it's not too late
              To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
                Get a real nozzle, fog nozzle's are for commie-homos.

Low pressure fog's are homo, but high pressure fog's are flamingly homo to the 10th degree.

Save the fogs for trash fires, car fires, ect...
                When the real firemen want your opinion, we'll give it to you.
                Freakin' wannabe badge bunnies....
                ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                  When the real firemen want your opinion, we'll give it to you.
                  Freakin' wannabe badge bunnies....
                  FWDbuff agrees, that's all that matters....

As a newbie, I have a quick question...packs or no packs on the roof? From what the experienced guys have told me, I'm positive it's no packs.

Comment

FWDbuff agrees, that's all that matters....

As a newbie, I have a quick question...packs or no packs on the roof? From what the experienced guys have told me, I'm positive it's no packs.
                    No pack, gloves and an open firecoat. Actually, boots are an option, too. Shyt, for that matter, a t-shirt, boxers and a new pair of Keds is all a REAL firefighter needs...

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                      Smooth bores are better nozzles for interior firefighting and cheaper, too.
                      I beg to differ. Smooth bore nozzles are for firefighters who lack sufficient training and know-how to make decisions about whether a fog or straight stream is best for the conditions at hand.

The best place for smoothbore nozzles is typically on large bore surround and drown lines.
                      "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                      sigpic
                      The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                        I beg to differ. Smooth bore nozzles are for firefighters who lack sufficient training and know-how to make decisions about whether a fog or straight stream is best for the conditions at hand.

The best place for smoothbore nozzles is typically on large bore surround and drown lines.
                        Marshall, how does a fog "ever" help you in "interior" fire attack? Turn right for subpar penetration, turn left for lobster.

The straight stream provided from the fog has more "air" than the smoothbore. You say more experience means you can make decisions when fogs are better? Water mixed with air is counter productive. Fogging or widening the patter, aka breaking away from a solid stream, goes against fighting the fire and understanding fire behavior, which I'm sure you know, as a Marshall. Why not put it out faster with a more effective stream? You don't need fog inside a building "while" attacking the fire. You'll be much more comfortable in the building by producing less steam, and most importantly put the fire out faster.

Marshall, I'm curious, are you a Marshal?. How long have you been off the line? If you're volunteer, where is it? I like to look at the experience of the commenter's here, it helps to determine what opinions I form.

Thanks

Comment

Maybe my hero and the voice of reason "FWD" can set this straight. He's always good with bottom-lining.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post

Well... if you have a small room and contents fire I see no reason why not to hit the ceiling with a narrow fog and pencil the rest..... but on everything else....

smoothbore allll the way... i dont feel like being steam burned

Comment

Maybe my hero and the voice of reason "FWD" can set this straight. He's always good with bottom-lining.
                              FWD is this you??

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X