SCBA Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCBA Training

We are getting ready to have a SCBA Course at are firehouse. I am looking for a Power Point of some sort that would hi-lite dangers in a house fire, and also Some sort of May Day procedures. We are a small fire dept that runs aprox 150 runs a year mainly medical but in a 2 week span we had 4 structure fires with 2 of them having interior attacks. Just want to give a good class and would like to have some good power points or any other info that might help.

Do you not have a state fire academy that can help ?
    ?

Comment

Originally posted by MVFD64 View Post
      We are getting ready to have a SCBA Course at are firehouse. I am looking for a Power Point of some sort that would hi-lite dangers in a house fire, and also Some sort of May Day procedures.

Is it an SCBA course, a "dangers in a house fire" course, or a mayday course?

Each of these is involved enough that you should probably come up with three separate lesson plans, and have three separate classes.

If you try to teach all three of those subjects in one class, you're going to end up doing a half-assed job of it.
      Last edited by sfd1992; 12-16-2010, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sfd1992 View Post
        Is it an SCBA course, a "dangers in a house fire" course, or a mayday course?

Come up with three separate lesson plans, and have three separate classes. If you try to teach those three subjects in one class, you're going to end up doing half-assed job of it.
        I like what the above post says. Start out with the basics/confidence then work on MAYDAY training, then build it up. There is a few things you could do with the PP presentation but get the people involved in the training. You could talk as a group of the "dangers in a house fire" or pull something off the internet. Get your people out there doing it and doing it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by dday05 View Post
          Get your people out there doing it and doing it the right way.

This is exactly true. Make sure to take your time setting up the course (or courses). And start with the basics and perfect them before moving on. Training is something you dont want to rush through....could be someones life
          Fire scenes: A well organized cluster F......
          These are my veiws and opinions.....Im just saying

Comment

I don't have powerpoint info, but a few ideas for the hands-on portion.

Depending on how comfortable the people are, start with donning the SCBA, try blacking out their masks and then have them activate the PASS device, have them get with a partner and attach/operate the buddy breathing device.

As kind of a separate drill, lay out a hose-line through a maze and have them follow it out. Loop it around and through obstacles. Turn them around and place them in the middle of the hose to find their way out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X