No announcement yet.

HT's... What does your department use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT's... What does your department use?

Good Afternoon,
    Just wanted to post a quick topic regarding portable radios (HT's, Handy Talkies, Handhelds) What type does your fire department use? i.e. Kenwood, Motorola, Vertex, etc. We are using the Kenwood TK3180/TK2180's and they are AWESOME! the Fleetsync ID is in my and other members opinions better "sound wise" (if that makes sense) than the MDC chirp, it also seems to have a really good battery life, but only time will tell because we have only had them for a month or so. Thanks -
    Cody

Bendix King Thats all you need
    Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

Ht

It is the HT's that our fire department used for your reference.
      Ms. Mandy Lu

GUANGDONG PING AN FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.

Comment

Primarily Kenwood.

We are still about 25% Motorola as we as in the process of phasing them out.

Our 700 Band portables are EF Johnson.
        Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

MOTO

PR1500 At each riding position
          XTS1500 For the Officers
          XTS2500 For the County Trunked system (Chief officers only)
          CP150 in our tactical unit for special details.
          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoddman View Post
            Good Afternoon,
            Just wanted to post a quick topic regarding portable radios (HT's, Handy Talkies, Handhelds) What type does your fire department use? i.e. Kenwood, Motorola, Vertex, etc. We are using the Kenwood TK3180/TK2180's and they are AWESOME! the Fleetsync ID is in my and other members opinions better "sound wise" (if that makes sense) than the MDC chirp, it also seems to have a really good battery life, but only time will tell because we have only had them for a month or so. Thanks -
            Cody
            Talk about a question that will get a BUNCH of answers.

But aside from all that - I sure hope your department based their radio choice on something more than the sound of the ID...

Comment

Officers have their own radios issued.. Motorola XTS1500's.
              Engine/truck/rescue portables are Motorola HT1000's
              We have a few MX800 "bricks" kicking around.
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

We use the Motorola XTS 5000 series portables throughout the department.

FM1
                I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

Originally posted by FIREMECH1 View Post
                  We use the Motorola XTS 5000 series portables throughout the department.

FM1
                  Big money...
                  I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Well I'm not sure of the model that the officers use now, I know its a motorolla something or other. But everyone else is issued Motorolla HT750's. They're a bit old, but damn it they get the job done...Granted I've gone through three already.
                    Opinions expressed by myself here are just that, mine. And not that of ANY organization or service I am affiliated with.

Comment

In the past we've used just about everything out on the market.

We now have switched entirely to TAIT for portables , mobiles, and base stations. We also have tait repeaters set up in a voted receiver townwide system that serves three departments.
                      Got a few kenwoods sitting in the spares bin but they will go away as we make the switch to narrow band.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN
                        Big money...
                        You should have seen my "jaw drop" when I was looking at getting one for myself, before the Dept. gave me one. It is also the same reason why they are assigned to first responding vehicles and to the seats, and not to the individual person(s).

FM1
                        I'm the one Fire and Rescue calls, when they need to be Rescued.

Originally posted by EastKyFF
                        "Firemens gets antsies. Theys wants to goes to fires. Sometimeses they haves to waits."

Comment

I was issued a Motorola UHF HT1250LS+ for my city dept. I've had it maybe 4 or 5 years. We had to buy our own radios on the county vol. dept. back in the dark ages, and I'm still using the old Relm VHF WHS150 I bought almost 20 years ago. It's been to hades and back and is still going strong. Considering what I hear about Relm these days, I guess it's a miracle. I've had to take it apart to let it dry out a few times, though.
                          Last edited by tbzep; 12-19-2010, 05:57 PM. Reason: forgot the + sign

Comment

Our dept (combination) uses a MOTO HT1250 at each officer seat in each truck, and one for the "firefighter" seat on the duty pumper.. and each fulltime member has a MOTO EX600 I believe..but as for the part-time guys..just varies for each member..alot of them dont carry, but I personally use the KENWOOD..TK2212 to be exact..look that up.its canadian lol..got it off an ebay deal..but its still a KENWOOD..my personal fav
                            "First In, Last Out"

Comment

Motorola XTS5000 digital radios across the board here....700 man department.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X