Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leather Boots

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Leather Boots

    Now i have had rubber boots for years but leathers are so much better...however they have the down side of if you step in something (gasoline, oil ect) you pretty much need to throw them out...is there a leather boot you can decon or is resistant to hazmats?

  • #2
    your kidding ----right ??
    ?

    Comment


    • #3
      [QUOTE=River Firefighter715;1229442].however they have the down side of if you step in something (gasoline, oil ect) you pretty much need to throw them out../QUOTE]

      wow...surely thats not what you are doing?
      "It's a living thing brian..."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by River Firefighter715 View Post
        Now i have had rubber boots for years but leathers are so much better...however they have the down side of if you step in something (gasoline, oil ect) you pretty much need to throw them out...is there a leather boot you can decon or is resistant to hazmats?
        Uhhh? What?

        First of all, "stepping in" oil, gasoline or any sort of chemical, even blood would not require you to throw out any type of boot. Soles are rubber on all boots and can easily be cleaned.

        As far as deep puddles or splashing where the upper is contaminated? It has actually been proven that Leather boots decon better then rubber. So the idea of "throwing out" your leather boots after being contaminated is ridiculous.

        I am sure someone has the link, but the argument that leather boots cannot be deconned as well as rubber is out the window.

        Comment


        • #5
          I wear my issue boots out in the hog pen and the barn. Better than what I was using.
          Stay Safe and Well Out There....

          Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

          Comment


          • #6
            Seriously?!?!? All I can say is who the H**L told you that you had to throw away leathers because they can't be deconned??? If you polish them like you're supposed to do, the leather does not get porous enough to hold contaminants, there is wax in the polish that keeps that garbage out. Wore my first pair of leather boots for six years before i had to replace them, never had one problem out of them nor did they ever get contaminated by blood, fuel, etc.

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't listen to these guys. You should throw those boots out anytime they are contaminated. That includes all the soggy wet crap that you walk through in a burned out building. I have a stack of leather boots piled up in a drum with a NIOSH approved overpack. I will not sacrifice my safety, nor will I be uncomfortable. With that I will continue to throw the boots out even if there was the slightest possibility that they were contaminated,or until something better comes along. Remember, you only get one set of feet, treat them right.
              IAFF

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by snowball View Post
                Don't listen to these guys. You should throw those boots out anytime they are contaminated. That includes all the soggy wet crap that you walk through in a burned out building. I have a stack of leather boots piled up in a drum with a NIOSH approved overpack. I will not sacrifice my safety, nor will I be uncomfortable. With that I will continue to throw the boots out even if there was the slightest possibility that they were contaminated,or until something better comes along. Remember, you only get one set of feet, treat them right.
                Yoooouuuuuuuu........ ya almost got me, I was about to go throw my two pair of boots away too, haha. You crack me up snow ball. Keep up the comic relief brother.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yeah thats funny sh*t.
                  "It's a living thing brian..."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow..................
                    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
                      Yoooouuuuuuuu........ ya almost got me, I was about to go throw my two pair of boots away too, haha. You crack me up snow ball. Keep up the comic relief brother.
                      No, seriously, you do need to dispose of them. Infact, this is just your day; I would be willing to dispose of them properly for you... free of charge just send them to me.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Christian1147 View Post
                        No, seriously, you do need to dispose of them. Infact, this is just your day; I would be willing to dispose of them properly for you... free of charge just send them to me.
                        You guys are cracking me up, almost as much as the OP, except he wasn't trying to crack me up, he was dead serious, haha.

                        Comment

                        300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                        Collapse

                        Upper 300x250

                        Collapse

                        Taboola

                        Collapse

                        Leader

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X