fire gloves turning inside out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fire gloves turning inside out

my fire dept has a bunch of gloves that after use you take the gloves off and you cant get them back on. Becouse the fingers pull out of the glove and the gloves are trash. what im asking is there a glove that dose not do that or is there a was to fix them. we are tired of wasteing money on gloves.

i had the same issue i believe protech and american fire wear does not do that those purple kangroo leather gloves are pretty good...here is the link check it out hope it helps
    http://www.thefirestore.com/store/pr...regular_sizes/

Comment

Sounds like you have a unique problem. Maybe a bad batch of gloves. I would call the manufacturer and raise holy heill. You should be getting reimbursement checks coming in by the truckload. I've never heard of this happening before. That's just straight up crazy!!
      IAFF

Comment

I think he means the liner turing inside out -- take your time taking them off - also always have a back up pair . Does this happen when they are completely soaked ?
        ?

Comment

We had this problem in 1985, then we bought good gloves.
          I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
            We had this problem in 1985, then we bought good gloves.
            We did as well and went to Shelby's and dropped fire dex.
            Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price"....
              ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
              Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
                "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price"....
                Food for thought. Everytime you ride in an elevator, remember, it was built by the lowest bidder.
                IAFF

Comment

If your gloves are doing this, two things are probably true:

1. You bought cheap gloves and now wish you hadn't.

2. Those gloves are trash and need to be replaced.

Like the others said, call the dealer and tell them what's happening. Take the refund money and get better gloves.
                  Career Firefighter
                  Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                  I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
                    Food for thought. Everytime you ride in an elevator, remember, it was built by the lowest bidder.
                    Yeah, everytime I have to be in a C-130 that thought goes through my mind.

Comment

This is not a unique problem to any one particular manufacturer. Some are just better than others. I have tried different gloves over the year and have finally found a pair I truly love to wear. I had a pair of Fire-Dex come apart the other day and have had Shelby's do it too. The worst in my personal experience, were the older American Firewear gloves. I am sure all manufacturers have bad batches or pairs. The new Glove Corp Blaze Fighters have been awesome. Good dexterity, hands stay dry and no signs of pull out.
                      Jason Brooks
                      IAFF Local 2388
                      IACOJ

Comment

The Fireman Vs were the worst for us. Being as they are crappy gloves in the first place, it didn't hurt my feelins to throw them all away and order everyone Shelbys.
                        Career Firefighter
                        Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Originally posted by Rescue101
                        I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Comment

Have you ever used Shelby extrication gloves GT? Are they good gloves?

Comment

We once had a Chief that always bought the cheapest gloves, and XXL so they would fit "everybody".

Comment

Never had a problem with the fireball glove turning wrong side out!!

I use them around here when I shoveling snow.
                              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...