Toddler Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toddler Rescue

To my neighbors in Trenton, TN, good job. I hope the little one pulls through.

I don't know how long the link will be available. Toddler rescue.

Trenton fire injures toddler, damages homeThe Jackson Sun
    • December 14, 2010

A house fire badly damaged a residence in Trenton today and caused injuries to a one-year-old boy who was rescued from the burning home.

The boy, Braxton Kelley, was taken to Gibson Hospital in Trenton and later transferred to LeBonheur Children’s Hospital in Memphis. He is listed in critical condition in the Intensive Care Unit.
    The fire was reported at a home at 317 East Huntingdon at 9 a.m.

Fire Chief Barry Green said firefighters are still investigating the cause of the blaze.

Green acknowledged that a fireman rescued the child from the home, but he declined to name the fireman.

Green said the boy’s father, Kerron Hill, had already escaped from the home. The boy’s mother works nights and two siblings were in school. They were not at the residence, Green said

Great Job Men! I hope and pray for the injuired child to have a fast recovery.
    Stay Safe
    Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
    - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
    -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Good job guys and I hope the little one a quick recovery.

Comment

"The firefighter who rescued the child wishes to remain anonymous, Green said."

More detail from today's paper. Follow up article.

TRENTON — A toddler rescued by city firefighters from a Tuesday morning house fire was in critical condition Tuesday evening at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis.

Trenton firefighters responded to the call at 317 E. Huntingdon St. shortly after 9 a.m. When they arrived, they were told a 1 1/2-year-old boy remained inside the house, said Fire Chief Barry Green.

With the search hampered by dark, thick smoke, it took firefighters about 15 minutes to find and rescue the child, Braxton Kelley, who was first taken to Gibson General Hospital in Trenton and then flown to Memphis. Kelley was in the Le Bonheur intensive care unit on Tuesday, according to hospital officials.

The firefighter who rescued the child wishes to remain anonymous, Green said.

The fire remains under investigation, and the cause is not known.

"We hate that it happened, always, but at this point we're happy that the child is alive," Green said. "That makes us feel good."

When across-the-street neighbor Van Wade first saw what was going on at the small house near downtown Trenton, he said emergency personnel were already on scene. With the house just a few blocks from the fire station, a fire crew was able to arrive quickly after a passerby called in about the blaze.

"I didn't see any flames outside of the building, only smoke by that time," Wade said.

He said a family of five live in the house, which was damaged, mainly in the back, and wrapped in yellow tape to keep people out Tuesday afternoon.

"That was the main thing, that they did find (the child)," Wade said. "It took them a while to find it. From the time I started looking, (it was) anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes before they came out with the baby."

Said another across-the-street neighbor who witnessed the fire: "(Kerron Hill, who was also in the house Tuesday morning) was hysterical. He was hollering, 'My baby's in the house! My baby's in the house!"

Green said the three on-duty firefighters were joined at the scene by the rest of the city's staff firefighters and volunteers. About 13 worked on the fire using both of Trenton's engines.

Later Tuesday afternoon, firefighters were back at the station preparing for today's city stew.

If/when I hear more on the toddler, I will post it.

Comment

It's so sad to hear that.

It is so sad to hear that. Hope the little boy recovery soon.
          Ms. Mandy Lu

GUANGDONG PING AN FIRE FIGHTING EQUIPMENT CO., LTD.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X