Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETA offers donation if department wears "helmet ads".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    ChiefKN
    Back In Black

• ChiefKN
    replied
    Originally posted by DCFDRescue2 View Post
    That's kind of my point. At least PETA has a causeother than profit.
    A lot of terrorists have causes other then profit.

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    MembersZone Subscriber

• BULL321
    replied
    The biggest difference between EHM and PETA is that EHM give you a house all the stuff that come with it (the good with the bad) and PETA gives the screaming Sheets from eating nothing but vegetables. Plus the PETA people are just UGLY. ALL Pale pasty saggy skin. Wearing all that hemp with their dreadlocks and unwashed bodies. They are a bunch of retards. Don't believe me list to old Mad Max!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up3JPeRNryI

Leave a comment:

• EastKyFF
    Forum Member

• EastKyFF
    replied
    Originally posted by DCFDRescue2 View Post
    I'll agree with that. But just to play devil's advocate: Do you think Extreme Home Makeover is doing their thing out of the goodness of their heart, or do you think there are some strings attached? Like perhaps being able to show to show what they did on TV and generate a profit for themselves.

I'm not for or against either organization and my sympathy certainly goes out to the Sissonville VFD; they've got a rough road ahead of them. But we shouldn't condemn one group of people for doing what others are doing just because they're thoughts are a bit different than ours.

Now...Excuse me while I eat my sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast.
    Well, you're comparing apples and oranges here--or more appropriately, you are comparing pork and beef.

ABC does, indeed, promote itself and its sponsors with Extreme Makeover. However, it's commercial, not political. Even if you are a die-hard Amana customer, you will probably not feel too dirty accepting a free Kenmore.

What PETA wants is, essentially, for the Sissonville VFD to whore itself out to their politics for a cash donation. They would be forcing those firefighters to promote PETA regardless of their own carnivorous political beliefs, and they would be doing so knowing that Sissonville VFD is between a rock and a hard place.

So yes, there are some similarities, but what PETA is doing is different and far more dastardly.

Beef. It's what's for dinner.

**The latest: Sissonville VFD says PETA's offer is a "stupid idea". Fight the power!

Leave a comment:

• LVFD301
    MembersZone Subscriber

• LVFD301
    replied
    If PETA wants to give my department money for wearing those sticker, they need to contact me. I will gladly take their money.

Of course, I am known as a ho when it comes to funding for my department.

Leave a comment:

• DCFDRescue2
    Forum Member

• DCFDRescue2
    replied
    Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
    Extreme Home Makeover does nothing out of the goodness of their heart. They are out to make a profit. Plain and simple.

They are not a charity, they are not a bunch of do gooders. They are a business. They are a well run, well advertised, business. Nothing more, nothing less.
    That's kind of my point. At least PETA has a causeother than profit.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    Forum Member

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    EHM has sponsors which benefit from this show. Sears to name the big one plus all the others.

I stopped watching it 2 years ago.

We laugh when some gets the big houses and furnishings and say come back in a year and look at the house and stuff they got. I bet it will be ragged out.

Plus who is going to pay the property tax on some of those houses??

Leave a comment:

• Bones42
    Forum Member

• Bones42
    replied
    Extreme Home Makeover does nothing out of the goodness of their heart. They are out to make a profit. Plain and simple.

They are not a charity, they are not a bunch of do gooders. They are a business. They are a well run, well advertised, business. Nothing more, nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• DCFDRescue2
    Forum Member

• DCFDRescue2
    replied
    Originally posted by MemphisE34a View Post
    My issue isn't with them donating money or raising awareness, but to take the fire department's tradegy and say we will only offer to help you if..........
    is what I think is wrong.

If they want to help and say they donated money or food in a serice announcement, that's one thing, but to require the recipient of the donation to get it only if you play in my silly game is wrong - IMO.
    I'll agree with that. But just to play devil's advocate: Do you think Extreme Home Makeover is doing their thing out of the goodness of their heart, or do you think there are some strings attached? Like perhaps being able to show to show what they did on TV and generate a profit for themselves.

I'm not for or against either organization and my sympathy certainly goes out to the Sissonville VFD; they've got a rough road ahead of them. But we shouldn't condemn one group of people for doing what others are doing just because they're thoughts are a bit different than ours.

Now...Excuse me while I eat my sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich for breakfast.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    MembersZone Subscriber

• Dickey
    replied
    People Eating Tasty Animals

Leave a comment:

• Bushwhacker
    Forum Member

• Bushwhacker
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    On the hard sleeves?
    Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Put that ad on the side of the aerial!
    Thats some truth in advertising

Leave a comment:

• Tony4310
    Forum Member

• Tony4310
    replied
    Originally posted by bull321 View Post
    i rather fight fire in street clothes before i wore any gear with a peta sticker on it. Hey peta go get bent!
    win post!!!!

Leave a comment:

• BULL321
    MembersZone Subscriber

• BULL321
    replied
    I rather fight fire in street clothes before I wore any gear with a PETA sticker on it. Hey PETA go get bent!

Leave a comment:

• Tony4310
    Forum Member

• Tony4310
    replied
    I have this sudden urge to have a clam tac......... never mind!

Leave a comment:

• Tony4310
    Forum Member

• Tony4310
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    On the hard sleeves?
    hahahaha! Post of the day!

Leave a comment:

• Jonnee
    Forum Member

• Jonnee
    replied
    The next thing peta will be doing will be getting a band on leather fire helmets.

You have to kill the steer to get the leather!!

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X