Wackeritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

delete duplicate post
    Last edited by FWDbuff; 12-08-2010, 10:07 PM.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by LaFireEducator View Post
      Something tells me you probably wouldn't even give them a tissue ....
      Screaming "MAN THE F*CK UP!" in a USMC Drill Instructor's voice and the act of handing someone a tissue at the same time does not compute.

Originally posted by FyredUp View Post
      DO NOT FIGHT IT!!

Go with the feeling. Being a wacker, farkle, buff, spark, or whatever regional name your area uses, is a positive thing. Well unless you are a wacked wacker. Then it is bad.
      Wackers want to be me. Is that bad?

Originally posted by BULL321 View Post
      But Yellow is my favorite Color!
      And it looks fine on a jackwagon or a school bus, BUT NOT ON A FIRETRUCK YOU CRYBABY!
      "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

DO NOT FIGHT IT!!

Go with the feeling. Being a wacker, farkle, buff, spark, or whatever regional name your area uses, is a positive thing. Well unless you are a wacked wacker. Then it is bad.
        You forgot "hoople"....
        ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
        Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
          And it looks fine on a jackwagon or a school bus, BUT NOT ON A FIRETRUCK YOU CRYBABY!
          Ok I stand corrected! But we do have still have a Red one in the barn! Well two if you count my Daughter.
          Attached Files
          Stay Safe
          Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
          - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
          -WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Originally posted by ffbam24 View Post
            I'm actually curious what examples (or signs & symptoms) of Wackeritis the individual exhibits? This may gauge the level of "cure".
            Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
            True. Knowing how far gone this individual is will help a "cure" be developed specifically for him.
            They exhibit all the normal symptons, Excessive talk about their job, Bragging about the level of training/expierence they have, Constantly bringing up the fact that they are a (insert emergency wacker job) at any time, lights in the POV, buyig their own gear, and at times telling the general public they are more than what they accually are.

Originally posted by FiremanLyman View Post
            The cure is in you and others. Set an example of professionalism, I bet this individual is following an example from a mentor that he respects.
            Originally posted by ChiefKN View Post
            Usually a drill or any real work will cause temporary relief.
            I have tried again and again, Its just not hitting home yet...
            DO NOT FIGHT IT!!

Its a wacked wacker, I know its wack.

On a Side note, I would like to thank everyone thats been spelling it wack, not whack, means alot to me
            Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

It looks like you tried all of the "professional" ways to handle this. It sounds like it's time to break his balls so bad he either straightens up or quits.
              I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
              "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
              -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Take him out back and beat him with a pillow case full of oranges.
                "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

I was thinking a bar of soap in a tube sock. If i hit him in the back of the head i have found i just hurt my hand.
                  Courage, Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhacker View Post
                    They exhibit all the normal symptons, Excessive talk about their job, Bragging about the level of training/expierence they have, Constantly bringing up the fact that they are a (insert emergency wacker job) at any time, lights in the POV, buyig their own gear, and at times telling the general public they are more than what they accually are.

I have tried again and again, Its just not hitting home yet...

Its a wacked wacker, I know its wack.

On a Side note, I would like to thank everyone thats been spelling it wack, not whack, means alot to me
                    Hey now! I have some of my own gear ( due to my height ). Doesn't make a person a wacker! Now yes, we are vol.,but no, I do not have lights because we are staffed 24/7 365 by all vol so lights aren't needed ( officers have lights ). I do have my own radio I use when on duty though :P

Comment

Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
                      Take him out back and beat him with a pillow case full of oranges.
                      Use a phone book. It won't leave marks! Just saying of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony4310 View Post
                        Use a phone book. It won't leave marks! Just saying of course!
                        Or a rubber hose!
                        Stay Safe
                        Bull

“Guys if you get hurt, we’ll help you. If you get sick we’ll treat you. If you want to bitch and moan, then all I can tell you is to flick the sand out of your slit, suck it up or get the hell out!”
                        - Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

Or a rubber hose!
                          I usually tell my guys I will take them out back and beat them with an air hose. Thoughts of that metal coupler on the end swinging through the air seems to straighten things right out.

Comment

Originally posted by mcwops View Post
                            I usually tell my guys I will take them out back and beat them with an air hose. Thoughts of that metal coupler on the end swinging through the air seems to straighten things right out.
                            No... No... No..., you have to bend the hose in half, if you hit someone with the end it leaves marks, Trust me.
                            Stay Safe
                            Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

No... No... No..., you have to bend the hose in half, if you hit someone with the end it leaves marks, Trust me.
                              The kids I work with, no one would be able to tell the difference in those marks from the ones their girlfriends left from the previous night's activites.

Comment

Originally posted by mcwops View Post
                                The kids I work with, no one would be able to tell the difference in those marks from the ones their girlfriends left from the previous night's activites.
                                Oh to be young again!
                                Stay Safe
                                Bull

- Capt. Marc Cox CFD

-WINSTON CHURCHILL

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X