Defender - headband adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defender - headband adjustment?

My department has issued me a new 1010 with Defender. OK, I can live with that (even though I prefer my Heritage). Problem.....I wear glasses and I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to adjust the helmet's fit to accomodate the shield fitting over the glasswear. It appears as though I need to shim the front of the headband out a bit so the shield will clear the glasses.

Any ideas or thoughts to resolve the problem? Is there a way to move the band forward? If so, I am stumped on how to do it.

I have a set of prescription goggles.....so there is a fallback.......but the whole purpose for the Defender is to not need a set of 'exterior' goggles. Lastly, if absolutely necessary, I can remove the glasses, drop the Defender down and still have some vision, but then I give up detail and this is not really a good resolution.

Thanks!

We use the Defenders and the guys with glasses just get goggles put on theirs. There is no adjustment that I am aware of.

Comment

We have the same configuration. If I remember correctly, there are two tabs on the inside of the helmet on the suspension. There are three possitions for these tabs, and it comes pre-set in the center. If you adjust them in one direction or another (I can't remember which one, but there are only two options) it will move the suspension enough that you can clear your glasses with the defender. It does not change, modify or "tweak" the helmet in any way not recommended, as it is a factory adjustment for comfort. Hope that helps!
      Matt G.
      Battalion Chief
      IACOJ-Member
      FTM-PTB

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.......I think I've tried every adjustment.....all of us at the Station looked it over and 'played' with it a couple days ago ending up where I had left it. I won't give up on trying to tweak it.....and certainly not so it would be beyond the usual/normal scope of the helmet's compatabilites.

As noted, I may just have to suck it up and keep a pair of goggles handy. I sure hope not, because the entire concept is excellent IMO....not only convenient and cost effective, also from a safety perspective.

Comment

Is there no reference in the owner's guide?

Comment

Open the ratchet adjuster a couple of clicks and order another sweat band, put it over the top of the existing one.
            IAFF

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X