• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATFDFF View Post
    Shouldn't FDNY issue them...?
    For the record: Yes they do.
    Originally posted by shmarleybarlow View Post
    Whichever house you go to should have plenty, or at least have one on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being. You really on the job?

Guys get detailed out to other houses all the time and will put that particular companies insert on for however long their on at that house.
    Most companies have a spare frontpiece on a large rubber band to go on your helmet if you end up there on a detail which is usually no longer than one tour. (If someone is there for longer than that, then something else is happening, which may lead up to an official transfer).

Either way, you're not "borrowing" anyone's helmet or frontpiece.

Comment

Wearing another company's frontpiece is like wearing someone elses underwear.
      Last edited by SkylinePCG; 12-09-2010, 01:58 AM.
      To Persist is to Conquer.

Comment

Originally posted by ffbam24 View Post
        For the record: Yes they do.
        Most companies have a spare frontpiece on a large rubber band to go on your helmet if you end up there on a detail which is usually no longer than one tour. (If someone is there for longer than that, then something else is happening, which may lead up to an official transfer).

That's all correct. I'm just not sure if you're expounding or correcting.

Comment

Correcting since what you posted was "incorrect".

Comment

Correcting since what you posted was "incorrect".
            What are you interpreting as incorrect?

Comment

What are you interpreting as incorrect?
              Wow! Am I really having to repeat myself and repost in the same thread?
              Pay attention, I'm only going to do this once. After that, I'm not wasting any more time on you. I just hope you're not colorblind.

Whichever house you go to should have plenty, or at least have one on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being.
              You will not be taking a frontpiece off of someone elses helmet "for the time being".
              You really on the job?Yes.

Guys get detailed out to other houses all the time and will put that particular companies insert on for however long their on at that house.
              Most companies have a spare frontpiece on a large rubber band to go on your helmet if you end up there on a detail which is usually no longer than one tour.

Last edited by ffbam24; 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Semantics...

Wow! Am I really having to repeat myself and repost in the same thread?
                Pay attention, I'm only going to do this once. After that, I'm not wasting any more time on you. I just hope you're not colorblind.

I figured you thought that.

When he originally posted, he was wondering how to get an insert. My response was given under the misinterpretation he was on FDNY (my mistake). With his post sounding "off", saying he needed an insert (shouldn't be an issue), my response was telling him he'd find one somewhere (worst case).

I didn't say he'd have to borrow a helmet. Or that it is normal to have to go find an insert. I was telling him, that he'll get one, one way or another.

Comment

I didn't say he'd have to borrow a helmet. Or that it is normal to have to go find an insert. I was telling him, that he'll get one, one way or another.
                  Whichever house you go to should have plenty, or at least have one on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being
                  Really? You didn't say that?
                  Done. Peace. Out.

Comment

Really? You didn't say that?
                    Done. Peace. Out.
                    Really.

I'm not talking about borrowing a helmet. My post, as well as this thread is regarding obtaining an insert.

Read carefully, my post: Whichever house you go to should have plenty, (meaning insert) or at least have one (meaning insert) on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being.

I didn't expect the semantics play, but I can see where you're coming from. I'll take a second now to reflect on how I could have made my wording more explicit. Change the end of the sentence from.... "used for the time being", to.... "removed for the time being".

I only posted this, once again, because he said he didn't have any inserts. again, my bad for thinking he was posting as a member. it was done, thinking he was another BS FDNY impersonator, which has been common lately.

I'm not going to resort now to begging for you to believe me. Honestly, your one of the better posters here, always enjoy your posts, so I'm a little surprised this has gone to this point. But I can understand where you're coming from as a member when you see posts about your dept.
                    Last edited by shmarleybarlow; 12-09-2010, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Really.

I'm not talking about borrowing a helmet. My post, as well as this thread is regarding obtaining an insert.

Read carefully, my post: Whichever house you go to should have plenty, (meaning insert) or at least have one (meaning insert) on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being.

I didn't expect the semantics play, but I can see where you're coming from. I'll take a second now to reflect on how I could have made my wording more explicit. Change the end of the sentence from.... "used for the time being", to.... "removed for the time being".
                      I'm only having issue that you have repeatedly been saying to remove a frontpiece/insert from someone elses helmet. Again, this is not done. That's all. Let's move on.

Comment

I'm only having issue that you have repeatedly been saying to remove a frontpiece/insert from someone elses helmet. Again, this is not done. That's all. Let's move on.
                        Im not taking ANYTHING off of ANYONES lid.

You can close this thread now, I got my answers and its already gotten off topic

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X