Where to get FDNY Shield Inserts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get FDNY Shield Inserts?

I recently got assigned to a new house and need to change my front piece on my shield. I have the FDNY style widebody with pinned insert they sell on the firestore. I know they have the inserts but I would like to support some of the brothers who make them in house. Any suggestions?

Shouldn't FDNY issue them...?

Comment

The same place that makes the front piece and inserts.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by Deluge059 View Post
        I recently got assigned to a new house and need to change my front piece on my shield. I have the FDNY style widebody with pinned insert they sell on the firestore. I know they have the inserts but I would like to support some of the brothers who make them in house. Any suggestions?
        Whichever house you go to should have plenty, or at least have one on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being. You really on the job?

Guys get detailed out to other houses all the time and will put that particular companies insert on for however long their on at that house.

Comment

Originally posted by shmarleybarlow View Post
          Whichever house you go to should have plenty, or at least have one on a helmet somewhere that can be used for the time being. You really on the job?

Guys get detailed out to other houses all the time and will put that particular companies insert on for however long their on at that house.
          Unless it's his own shield that he bought and it's different than what the house has. Also, not all dept's detail folks out to other stations all the time. There could be circumstances that are different from the norm that could be the reason he is wanting one.

Comment

ewwww.. wearing another company's number. no thanks

Comment

Originally posted by firefightinirish217 View Post
              Unless it's his own shield that he bought and it's different than what the house has. Also, not all dept's detail folks out to other stations all the time. There could be circumstances that are different from the norm that could be the reason he is wanting one.
              Finally someone smart.
              Yes on the job, no not with FDNY, I already said I got the front from the fire store but I want to see if any smaller companies who make shields only have them.
              No the department does not issue these fronts, but guys are starting to get them.

This place is really starting to suck. If I wanted to hear stupid answers then I would ask questions at the dinner table. You guys sit all day and complain about the type of water you use and how water back in the day was better than todays. Thanks for nothin you salty jakes

Comment

Finally someone smart.
                Yes on the job, no not with FDNY, I already said I got the front from the fire store but I want to see if any smaller companies who make shields only have them.
                No the department does not issue these fronts, but guys are starting to get them.

This place is really starting to suck. If I wanted to hear stupid answers then I would ask questions at the dinner table. You guys sit all day and complain about the type of water you use and how water back in the day was better than todays. Thanks for nothin you salty jakes
                A couple of us thought you were FDNY. That would explain my post, can't speak for anyone else.

Comment

Not sure if they offer exactly what you're after but paulconwayshields.com and boxalarmleather.com are both firefighter owned.
                  FTM-PTB-RFB
                  IACOJ

Comment

A couple of us thought you were FDNY. That would explain my post, can't speak for anyone else.
                    +1. At first glance I just assumed you meant you were on FDNY. My apologies.

Comment

Last edited by ColoradoDave; 02-12-2013, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDave View Post
                        It said 'NYFD style'.
                        Actually it said FDNY - there is no New York Fire Department (that I am aware of)

Come on boys attention to detail.
                        Ummm - Well - Yea - never mind

(Sorry I just hadda bust yer chops on that one - if not me someone else would have)
                        Take Care - Stay Safe - God Bless
                        Stephen
                        FF/Paramedic
                        Instructor

Comment

Took advantage of the fire stores free shipping on leather fronts and bought it there.

Comment

If you would have read his hole post.... It said 'NYFD style'. Come on boys attention to detail.

Codave
                            What about holes?

Comment

If you would have read his hole post.... It said 'NYFD style'. Come on boys attention to detail.

Codave
                              What is this mythical NYFD? Never heard of it.

Pay attention to detail.
                              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...