Carrying extra bag on truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying extra bag on truck

So I have searched the forums high and low to no avail. I'm checking see if anyone else carries a small bag on the truck with them. With winter settling in and fires becoming more prevalent I was wondering if anyone else does and what do you keep in them. I know some may not due to space issues. Thanks

Firefighting gloves, sweatshirt, t-shirt, small towel, knit watch cap, nomex hood, orange fireball gloves for picking up, sox. All fits in a small gym bag, no space issue.
    Last edited by len1582; 12-07-2010, 09:00 PM. Reason: forgot sox

Comment

Yep, a small bag to include a hat, extra hood, and gloves. The bag is small enough that it doesn't take any space at all.

Comment

Here is one recent semi-related thread:

http://www.firehouse.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117906

covers variety of bags (day, tour, backup uniforms, etc) as well as what to keep in locker, etc.

As for what I bring with me - "(SCBA mask bag) has spares (hood, FF gloves, work gloves) and in winter I'll add a LS t-shirt and ice-grippers to fit my FF boots in case of an extra."

Forgot to list for winter a knit watch cap and waterproof/insulated work gloves.
        Opinions expressed are mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect those of the Philadelphia Fire Department and/or IAFF Local 22.

Comment

I carry a school back-pack style bag. I usually have 2 extra pairs each of firefighting gloves and rescue gloves, 2 hoods, a small towel, extra batteries (for flashlights and PASS device), extra socks, note pad and pen. I also try to carry a bottle or two of water, just in case refreshments aren't readily available at a fire.

Comment

I carry a small duffel bag that has spare socks, hood, firefighting gloves, and leather chopper mitts with wool liners (Great for picking up after a winter fire). I also have a couple of bottles of water and granola or some type of snack bar. I have my specially doctored maps of the city, some hand sanitizer, and the most important thing of all, a tennis ball.
            Crazy, but that's how it goes
            Millions of people living as foes
            Maybe it's not too late
            To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

What - expecting someone else to bring the rackets?

I will bite - why the tennis ball?

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post

You just never know when a game of tennis might break out.

It is there for those times when a fellow firefighter needs to get hit in the head with a tennis ball.
                Crazy, but that's how it goes
                Millions of people living as foes
                Maybe it's not too late
                To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

Originally posted by LVFD301 View Post

If thrown hard enough, it will break a window and not injure the unconscious person on the floor.
                  IAFF

Comment

Originally posted by snowball View Post
                    If thrown hard enough, it will break a window and not injure the unconscious person on the floor.
                    Oh, that's a much, much better idea than the golf ball.
                    -Justin J. "JJR512" Rebbert

The comments and opinions I express are solely my own and do not necessarily represent those of any employer or volunteer organization with which I am associated. Nobody is responsible for anything I say other than I alone.

Comment

While it doesn't get exceptionally cold here during the day in the winter, I will carry a small bag on one of the trucks with a winter hat, a spare pair of FF gloves, a couple of pairs of light neoprene or fleece gloves and a light sweatshirt. I carry a heavier sweatshirt in my POV for evening vollie responses when not on the clock or with my VFD.

I also carry a couple of candy bars for some energy during a long incident.
                      Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

Let's see. A gum wrapper, a rubber band, a cool shiny rock that I found, some string, two Hot Wheels, 17 pennies, a safety pin, some lint, a sunflower seed, firecrackers, one of those badge stickers, a google eye, a novelty license plate with my name on it, some oxygen tubing, duct tape, half of a sock, tweezers, a pen light that doesn't work, the head off of a Six Million Dollar Man, and three mystery keys.
                        IAFF

Comment

hmmmm, most is the same as mentioned, socks are a big thing. i think the only other thing i carry is ice spikes that slip over your boots for extra traction.
                          Fire scenes: A well organized cluster F......
                          These are my veiws and opinions.....Im just saying

Comment

Pair of Wool Socks, LS T shirt, Sweat Shirt. Back at the Bay in my locker is a Full change of Clothes to include Underwear. Have been to runs where it took a good half hour under the shower to thaw out. I like the Chopper Mittens. Do you have link? Mine fell apart after thirty years.

Comment

Originally posted by Truck_3 View Post
                              Pair of Wool Socks, LS T shirt, Sweat Shirt. Back at the Bay in my locker is a Full change of Clothes to include Underwear. Have been to runs where it took a good half hour under the shower to thaw out. I like the Chopper Mittens. Do you have link? Mine fell apart after thirty years.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...8ec2db23988f7d
                              Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...