X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireRescue61
    replied
    Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
    I remember doing the funeral march next to my father, alongside 30,000 other firefighters. And not to detract from their memory, I never, ever thought I would ever witness another event (9-11) in my lifetime that would be worse than the Worcester one.
    and Charleston a little more than three years ago...

Leave a comment:

• FWDbuff
    replied
    I remember doing the funeral march next to my father, alongside 30,000 other firefighters. And not to detract from their memory, I never, ever thought I would ever witness another event (9-11) in my lifetime that would be worse than the Worcester one.

Leave a comment:

• Rescue101
    replied
    Originally posted by pvfd27 View Post
    Rode down to the service on one of 6 busses from VT. Two things I can't forget: We walked nearly two miles from where the bus parked. I remember seeing residents better than 6 deep on both sides of the street and all you could hear were our footsteps as we marched to the Forum. I can still see and hear the contingent of bag pipes across the Centrum from where I was standing, playing Amazing Grace...brings tears even today.
    Yup. A SAD,somber grey day that I hope I never have to experience again. Many jakes,and many citizens were there to pay their respects. I'm glad I was one of them. T.C.

Leave a comment:

• pvfd27
    replied
    Rode down to the service on one of 6 busses from VT. Two things I can't forget: We walked nearly two miles from where the bus parked. I remember seeing residents better than 6 deep on both sides of the street and all you could hear were our footsteps as we marched to the Forum. I can still see and hear the contingent of bag pipes across the Centrum from where I was standing, playing Amazing Grace...brings tears even today.

Leave a comment:

• FireRescue61
    replied
    Originally posted by pasobuff View Post
    6 years...wow.....

Leave a comment:

• FireRescue61
    replied
    That was a very sad day indeed even though I do not remember it since I was only 4 years old. I doubt very many people outside of the fire service even know who the "Worcester 6" or "Charleston 9" are...R.I.P.

Leave a comment:

• Jasper 45
    replied
    I remember this like it was yesterday. It was an on shift day for me when we learned of this incident.

Never forget.

Leave a comment:

• pasobuff
    replied
    They may be gone..but NOT forgotten.....6 years...wow.....

Leave a comment:

• firefightinirish217
    replied
    I still wear the W6 maltese patch on my duty shirt.

Leave a comment:

• Dickey
    replied
    Man, doesn't seem like that long ago. I still remember being glued to the tv waiting for updates. Still got my W6 sticker in my locker.

RIP brothers.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyChiefGonzo
    started a topic W6... 11 years

W6... 11 years

11 years ago today, six Worcester Firefighters lost their lives in the Worcester Cold Storage fire...

Never forget...
    • Tom Spencer
    • Jerry Lucey
    • Joe McGuirk
    • Paul Brotherton
    • Jay Lyons
    • Tim Jackson

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola