W6... 11 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W6... 11 years

11 years ago today, six Worcester Firefighters lost their lives in the Worcester Cold Storage fire...

Never forget...
    • Tom Spencer
    • Jerry Lucey
    • Joe McGuirk
    • Paul Brotherton
    • Jay Lyons
    • Tim Jackson
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Man, doesn't seem like that long ago. I still remember being glued to the tv waiting for updates. Still got my W6 sticker in my locker.

RIP brothers.
    Jason Knecht
    Firefighter/EMT
    Township Fire Dept., Inc.
    Eau Claire, WI

IACOJ - Director of Cheese and Whine
    http://www.cheddarvision.tv/
    EAT CHEESE OR DIE!!

Comment

I still wear the W6 maltese patch on my duty shirt.

Comment

They may be gone..but NOT forgotten.....6 years...wow.....

Comment

I remember this like it was yesterday. It was an on shift day for me when we learned of this incident.

Never forget.

Comment

That was a very sad day indeed even though I do not remember it since I was only 4 years old. I doubt very many people outside of the fire service even know who the "Worcester 6" or "Charleston 9" are...R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by pasobuff View Post
              6 years...wow.....

Comment

Rode down to the service on one of 6 busses from VT. Two things I can't forget: We walked nearly two miles from where the bus parked. I remember seeing residents better than 6 deep on both sides of the street and all you could hear were our footsteps as we marched to the Forum. I can still see and hear the contingent of bag pipes across the Centrum from where I was standing, playing Amazing Grace...brings tears even today.

Comment

Originally posted by pvfd27 View Post
                  Rode down to the service on one of 6 busses from VT. Two things I can't forget: We walked nearly two miles from where the bus parked. I remember seeing residents better than 6 deep on both sides of the street and all you could hear were our footsteps as we marched to the Forum. I can still see and hear the contingent of bag pipes across the Centrum from where I was standing, playing Amazing Grace...brings tears even today.
                  Yup. A SAD,somber grey day that I hope I never have to experience again. Many jakes,and many citizens were there to pay their respects. I'm glad I was one of them. T.C.

Comment

I remember doing the funeral march next to my father, alongside 30,000 other firefighters. And not to detract from their memory, I never, ever thought I would ever witness another event (9-11) in my lifetime that would be worse than the Worcester one.
                    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                      I remember doing the funeral march next to my father, alongside 30,000 other firefighters. And not to detract from their memory, I never, ever thought I would ever witness another event (9-11) in my lifetime that would be worse than the Worcester one.
                      and Charleston a little more than three years ago...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X