X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nmfire
    replied
    Originally posted by JayDudley View Post
    NMfire...Africa...Really.??? If your so dissatisfied with the site why are you still here??? Let the site administrators work through this and we will benefit from it. Your constant slamming along with others is not helping the situation. Let's try to let this work out and then we can continue.
    I'm not dissatisfied with the site. I'm dissatisfied with the administration of it. If you want to coddle them, be my guest. You have just as much right to coddle them as I do to hold them to the fire. The difference is that I have past history and what I know to be the future on my side. They won't be working through anything, trust me.

Leave a comment:

• JayDudley
    replied
    Troubles

NMfire...Africa...Really.??? If your so dissatisfied with the site why are you still here??? Let the site administrators work through this and we will benefit from it. Your constant slamming along with others is not helping the situation. Let's try to let this work out and then we can continue.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Originally posted by JayDudley View Post
    True there are problems and the WT is trying to handle the situation. The past is just that ...the past so turn the page and give the WT some slack....God knows they need it.
    No they don't. It isn't the past. It is the past, present, and future and they deserve NOTHING from us, especially slack. They give themselves more than enough slack to lasso the continent of Africa without our help. They are not trying to do anything or change anything. They never have. And I would put real money on a bet that they never will in the near future. I'm not pulling this out of my ***. I speak from many years of experience watching them suck at their job.

Leave a comment:

• JayDudley
    replied
    Problems

True there are problems and the WT is trying to handle the situation. The past is just that ...the past so turn the page and give the WT some slack....God knows they need it.

Leave a comment:

• IronsMan53
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    The system is far from perfect but do we really need to kvetch even when the admins are responding?
    And there are multiple tried and true ways to make it better as many of us have pointed out and they for whatever reason don't want to do it. Therefore, they deserve whatever ***** we give them.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    It isn't the spam that annoys me. I'm not complaining about spam. I'm complaining about the adminstration's lying and pretending to care. If they never addressed the spam and never pretended to give a crap, at least it would be honest.
    Actually, while contacting the "webteam" has been hit or miss for years, I've had very good results contacting (and getting prompt replies) from FHE (who, BTW, typically signs replies by name, unlike the "webteam").

The system is far from perfect but do we really need to kvetch even when the admins are responding?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Folks,

The spam posts were removed, thank you for the heads up.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Dude, chillax! It's just spam. Spot it, report it, ignore it. It'll go away eventually. If it doesn't go away fast enough for you just try ignoring a little harder...
    It isn't the spam that annoys me. I'm not complaining about spam. I'm complaining about the adminstration's lying and pretending to care. If they never addressed the spam and never pretended to give a crap, at least it would be honest.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Originally posted by nmfire View Post
    All the spam is still there from early yesterday and you've all done NOTHING. I'm so glad none of you are actually firefighters.
    Dude, chillax! It's just spam. Spot it, report it, ignore it. It'll go away eventually. If it doesn't go away fast enough for you just try ignoring a little harder...

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Originally posted by FHEditor View Post
    Thanks, Memphis. We're looking into it right now.

Peter
    No you aren't. You are a lying disgrace to this community. All you people do is coddle us with BS and no action or follow through. Don't even reply if you don't intend to actually do anything. All the spam is still there from early yesterday and you've all done NOTHING. I'm so glad none of you are actually firefighters.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    What's to look into LOL?

Right now there are EIGHT (8) SPAM threads out of 43 showing under "New Posts". They've been there since at least yesterday (Tuesday), I think.

But those two names are just the Spam de Jour, deleting them doesn't elminate the problem - I guess the previous practice of the admin approving new members has been tossed and a new user's first post is immediately posted instead of being approved by the admin first (which wasn't necessarily working either).

Well, I don't have the solution - just my observations.

Thanks for looking into it, Peter.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks, Memphis. We're looking into it right now.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• TNFF319
    replied
    Webteam will be back later this month. Please hold all complaints.

Leave a comment:

• MemphisE34a
    started a topic SPAM for Web team

SPAM for Web team

There seems to be an influx of spammers. Not sure what can be done, but delete these names:

Colon1 - 12 posts. Looks like all SPAM in several forums.

Shoes1212 - Spam in Firefighting thread.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X