SPAM for Web team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPAM for Web team

There seems to be an influx of spammers. Not sure what can be done, but delete these names:

Colon1 - 12 posts. Looks like all SPAM in several forums.

Shoes1212 - Spam in Firefighting thread.
    RK
    cell #901-494-9437

Management is making sure things are done right. Leadership is doing the right thing. The fire service needs alot more leaders and a lot less managers.

"Everyone goes home" is the mantra for the pussification of the modern, American fire service.

Comments made are my own. They do not represent the official position or opinion of the Fire Department or the City for which I am employed. In fact, they are normally exactly the opposite.

Webteam will be back later this month. Please hold all complaints.
    FF/Paramedic

Comment

Thanks, Memphis. We're looking into it right now.

Peter

Comment

What's to look into LOL?

Right now there are EIGHT (8) SPAM threads out of 43 showing under "New Posts". They've been there since at least yesterday (Tuesday), I think.

But those two names are just the Spam de Jour, deleting them doesn't elminate the problem - I guess the previous practice of the admin approving new members has been tossed and a new user's first post is immediately posted instead of being approved by the admin first (which wasn't necessarily working either).

Well, I don't have the solution - just my observations.

Thanks for looking into it, Peter.
        September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
        IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
        Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by FHEditor View Post
          Thanks, Memphis. We're looking into it right now.

Peter
          No you aren't. You are a lying disgrace to this community. All you people do is coddle us with BS and no action or follow through. Don't even reply if you don't intend to actually do anything. All the spam is still there from early yesterday and you've all done NOTHING. I'm so glad none of you are actually firefighters.
          Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
            All the spam is still there from early yesterday and you've all done NOTHING. I'm so glad none of you are actually firefighters.
            Dude, chillax! It's just spam. Spot it, report it, ignore it. It'll go away eventually. If it doesn't go away fast enough for you just try ignoring a little harder...
            "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
            sigpic
            The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
              Dude, chillax! It's just spam. Spot it, report it, ignore it. It'll go away eventually. If it doesn't go away fast enough for you just try ignoring a little harder...
              It isn't the spam that annoys me. I'm not complaining about spam. I'm complaining about the adminstration's lying and pretending to care. If they never addressed the spam and never pretended to give a crap, at least it would be honest.

Comment

Folks,

The spam posts were removed, thank you for the heads up.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by nmfire View Post
                  It isn't the spam that annoys me. I'm not complaining about spam. I'm complaining about the adminstration's lying and pretending to care. If they never addressed the spam and never pretended to give a crap, at least it would be honest.
                  Actually, while contacting the "webteam" has been hit or miss for years, I've had very good results contacting (and getting prompt replies) from FHE (who, BTW, typically signs replies by name, unlike the "webteam").

The system is far from perfect but do we really need to kvetch even when the admins are responding?
                  "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"
                  sigpic
                  The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Comment

Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
                    The system is far from perfect but do we really need to kvetch even when the admins are responding?
                    And there are multiple tried and true ways to make it better as many of us have pointed out and they for whatever reason don't want to do it. Therefore, they deserve whatever ***** we give them.
                    I can't believe they actually pay me to do this!!!

One friend noted yesterday that a fire officer only carries a flashlight, sometimes prompting grumbling from firefighters who have to lug tools and hoses.
                    "The old saying is you never know how heavy that flashlight can become," the friend said.
                    -from a tragic story posted on firefighterclosecalls.com

Comment

Problems

True there are problems and the WT is trying to handle the situation. The past is just that ...the past so turn the page and give the WT some slack....God knows they need it.
                      Respectfully,
                      Jay Dudley
                      Retired Fire
                      Background Investigator
                      IACOJ-Member
                      Lifetime Member CSFA
                      IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Originally posted by JayDudley View Post
                        True there are problems and the WT is trying to handle the situation. The past is just that ...the past so turn the page and give the WT some slack....God knows they need it.
                        No they don't. It isn't the past. It is the past, present, and future and they deserve NOTHING from us, especially slack. They give themselves more than enough slack to lasso the continent of Africa without our help. They are not trying to do anything or change anything. They never have. And I would put real money on a bet that they never will in the near future. I'm not pulling this out of my ***. I speak from many years of experience watching them suck at their job.

Comment

Troubles

NMfire...Africa...Really.??? If your so dissatisfied with the site why are you still here??? Let the site administrators work through this and we will benefit from it. Your constant slamming along with others is not helping the situation. Let's try to let this work out and then we can continue.
                          Respectfully,
                          Jay Dudley
                          Retired Fire
                          Background Investigator
                          IACOJ-Member
                          Lifetime Member CSFA
                          IAFF Alumni Member

Comment

Originally posted by JayDudley View Post
                            NMfire...Africa...Really.??? If your so dissatisfied with the site why are you still here??? Let the site administrators work through this and we will benefit from it. Your constant slamming along with others is not helping the situation. Let's try to let this work out and then we can continue.
                            I'm not dissatisfied with the site. I'm dissatisfied with the administration of it. If you want to coddle them, be my guest. You have just as much right to coddle them as I do to hold them to the fire. The difference is that I have past history and what I know to be the future on my side. They won't be working through anything, trust me.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X